Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,224 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Why Mourinho Will Win Premier League This Season By Kingsley Ibeto - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Mourinho Will Win Premier League This Season By Kingsley Ibeto (533 Views)

Why Mourinho Won't Share A Drink With Lampard After Tottenham Face Chelsea / The Top Five Centre Forwards In The Champions League This Season / Jose Mourinho Will Escape FA Punishment For Being Sent Off Against Southampton (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Mourinho Will Win Premier League This Season By Kingsley Ibeto by weezyk(m): 2:55am On Aug 03, 2017
In a couple of days to come the 2017/18 Premier League season will kick off. Most of the Premier League managers are really busy in the transfer market in order to make ends meet next season. But one thing is for sure - only one team will lift the trophy come May, 2018.

So here are my reasons why I think Jose Mourinho's side will lift the trophy.

1. Early Transfer Deal - Manchester United has already concluded a deal for Victor Lindelof, Romelu Lukaku and more recently, Matic from rivals, Chelsea. All transfer deals were done so soon. Mourinho is still keen on adding another name to his transfer deals. Perisic has been heavily linked to the Old Trafford side. If a deal can be struck, then I think it will be mission accomplished for Mourinho. However, nobody knows who might come in lately. But, I'm certain Mourinho is pretty satisfied with his summer recruitment.

Signing players very early is an added advantage. He will likely settle with his new team mates, acclimatize with the manager's philosophy etc.

Recall, Mourinho won the league on his second season with Chelsea mainly because he signed the adequate players so early before the season began.

Read what he said 4 years ago at Chelsea in his second season.

"Many clubs are waiting to the last moment to make their decisions," Mourinho said. "The problem is that those decisions affect not just one or two clubs, but a lot of them.

"The one who sells has to go and buy, then they have to buy to replace, so no club is safe.

"Until the last minute somebody can go there and steal a player. I don't mean steal a player, but steal the balance that a manager has when he's working with a team.

"In that aspect, we are lucky because we don't have players to sell, so none of my players is leaving under any circumstances.

"That's good for me, but many teams will be until the last moment under pressure, without knowing how the squad is going to be."

2. Premier League Experience: Among the title favorites, Jose Mourinho is the most experience manager. When I say title favorites, I mean Chelsea, Man City and Manutd with all due respect to rest of the premier league teams. Mourinho has been in the premier league for more than 5 seasons spanning from two spells with Chelsea and currently, the Red Devils.

Guardiola and Conte are very good managers. The latter has similar tactical noules with Jose. Certainly, this season will be interesting. But I am backing José side to win it.

3. Second Season Syndrome: need I write much about this? Anybody who has followed Maurinho since when he was at FC Porto will understand what am saying.
To cut the story short, just take a look at Jose Mourinho's second-season title wins below:

2003 - Porto
Mourinho's first of eight league titles was won at a canter, Porto finishing 11 points clear of Benfica after losing just twice all season.

2006 - Chelsea
Having won the Premier League in his first season at Stamford Bridge, Mourinho's Chelsea retained their crown when they beat arch-rivals Manchester United 3-0.

2010 - Inter Milan
Mourinho had guided Inter to the Serie A title in his first season, a feat he repeated in his second and final season of a combustible stay at the San Siro which also brought the Champions League crown.

2012 - Real Madrid
Ended Real's four-year wait for the La Liga title with an dominating campaign which saw them finish nine points clear of Barcelona.

2015 - Chelsea (Second Spell)

Back for a second spell at Stamford Bridge, Mourinho oversaw a virtually untroubled march to the title, which was wrapped up with three games to spare.

With the Premier League title race as open ever and teams looking to outspend everyone else to clear a path to glory in a way that has never before been seen, it may well be that this season provides a unique ending.

Nonetheless, it will take something remarkable for Jose Mourinho to continue his exceptional second- season record.

4. Romulus Lukaku: For me, he is arguably the best signing Mourinho has made so far (although, other signings are good). Forget about the price they paid to get him. I'm talking about a player that has speed, height and body balance. A player that has proven himself in the Premier League. A Drogba-type of player but the difference is that he has pace than Drogba.

He is one of only five forwards in the division's history to have scored 75 goals before the age of 24, with three of the other four having also represented United.

He has hit double figures in five consecutive seasons from the age of 18.

Mourinho needs a player like him especially after scoring 54 premier League goals in 38 games last season.

I believe, if fit, Lukaku will make sure such record doesn’t repeat itself again.

5. No or Less Controversies: De Gea is the only players whose future in shackles due to constant interest from Real Madrid. But after Morata transfer saga ended so did his own ended too. Moreover, Mourinho is keen on keeping the Spanish shot stopper.

Unlike Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool whose top players future with them is in doubt. Sanchez is reluctant to sign new deal with Arsenal amid strong interest from PSG, Bayern and lately Manchester City. Diego has been ousted by Conte from Chelsea training ground. He is rumoured to heading to Milan on loan. Coutinho has been touted as a possible replacement for PSG-bound Neymar. Although, Klopp has said he is not for sale.

A team needs maximum concentration at all times as unmotivated player can not give his all.

LIke Our Page To Read More Article Like This

Found it interesting? Comment and Share to your friends!
source:http://whenhow24..com.ng/2017/08/4-major-reasons-why-mourinho-will-win.html?m=1

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mixed Reactions Trail Usain Bolt’s Final Race As Justin Gatlin Pays Homage To Wo / 12 Categories Of People You Find In A Betshop By Kingsley Ibeto / Alvaro Morata 'ready To Start' For Chelsea At Tottenham - Antonio Conte

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.