Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,911 members, 7,835,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

INCUBATION TODAY ( 03-08-2017) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / INCUBATION TODAY ( 03-08-2017) (376 Views)

Rccg Sunday School Students Manual(13/08/2017) What Is Heaven Like? / Rccg Sunday School Students Manual(06/08/2017) The Judgment / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 04/08/2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

INCUBATION TODAY ( 03-08-2017) by kulhud: 7:51am On Aug 03, 2017
INCUBATION TODAY (BRO EMMA OKORIE)

THURSDAY 3RD AUGUST, 2017

TOPIC: STEP UP YOUR CONSECRATION

Meditation:

“And when they came to Nachon’s threshingfloor, Uzzah put forth his hand to the ark of God, and took hold of it; for the oxen shook it.  And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of God.” (2 Samuel 6:6-7)

Today’s Text: 2 Samuel 6:1-23

After Uzzah died, David abandoned the ark of the Lord in the house of Obededom out of fear. Being a man who treasured the presence of God, Obededom took up the challenge and housed it after others abandoned it in fright. Obededom and his household were disciplined and behaved aright while the ark of the Lord was in their home. Within three months, the glory of the Lord filled their home and blessed his family.

Are you not waiting upon the Lord to bless all that has to do with your life? Obededom got it just by cultivating the presence of God. He was consecrated and had a heart for God. No sinner can stay in the presence of God because He is of purer eyes than to behold iniquity. Sin is a reason to kneel down to pray but weaken and quit. We go to church to hear the word of God but lack the inner strength to put what we hear into action because of sin. Sin destroys the people of God and renders their prayers useless. Were Obededom a sinner, the presence of the ark would have destroyed his family as it destroyed Uzzah.

Can the ark that killed Uzzah for irreverence abide in your home? How much do you reverence and honour God? When last did you have a quiet time gazing at the face of the Master? When last did you conduct your family altar leading your family to the presence of God? Is your family a regular scene for violence, quarrels, bickering and indecency? Are your children running riot like those of Eli? This doesn’t sound like the home of Obededom that thrived in the presence of God. Step up your consecration. Fear God and live an exemplary life and your household will learn through godly examples.

Can you and your household abide God’s visitation?

Prayers:
Pray for regular consecrationAsk the Lord to set you apart for His work

Confession:
I consecrate myself today to serve God. I make myself fit for the visitation of His presence.

Further Study:

Romans 12:1-2
"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”

Leviticus 20:26
“And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the LORD am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.”

Isaiah 52:11
"Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean thing; go ye out of the midst of her; be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the LORD.”

2 Timothy 2:20-21
"But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master’s use, and prepared unto every good work.”

more daily devotions @ http://scripturalz..com

(1) (Reply)

The Unmerited Favor Of God / It Is A ‘very Great Insult’ To God—pope On Barcelona Attack / Why Protestant Doctrine (Sola Scriptura) Is Man-made

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.