Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,582 members, 7,820,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Buying Stuff On Credit (ladies!) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Buying Stuff On Credit (ladies!) (619 Views)

Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Buying Stuff From Alibaba.com / Help Needed: Buying Stuff Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buying Stuff On Credit (ladies!) by zeedee(f): 7:43pm On Feb 10, 2010
(This may apply to men too)

Ok you're sitting or going about you daily office business and then u get word that someone in the office or someone's friend just came in with things to sell (i.e. shoes, bags, undies, clothes, jewellery, make-up etc.) in the boot of their car in the parking lot, or in a need-to-know basis office room (lol).

At the end of the day, you end up buying stuff not in your budget! just because it was convenient and right in front of you (and u dont have to pay immediately  wink).  So a considerable amount of your salary is gone on some over-priced stuff.  Although rarely, you do get a good deal.

Today I bought a party dress, a clutch bag to match, a dress-top, and a t-shirt.

Last year it was out of control,  There was a day i bought three bags at a go from this woman in my former office.  I felt so bad the next day cos i went home and my sis told me they were overpriced (the straps of one of them are now cutting), and I still had to deprive myself of a large chunk of my next month's salary.

Anyway, point is, buying stuff on credit could put you in serious debt!  Especially those seemingly cheap things people bring to sell in our offices.  I don dey reduce my spending now,  Vanity upon vanity, all is vanity.

Any experiences/input?
Re: Buying Stuff On Credit (ladies!) by seun0622(m): 2:42pm On Feb 11, 2010
This act is so common among ladies especially those that work in the office.
I worked in a bank and I know how often ladies in my branch buy things on credit to the extent that when salaries are paid, they easily empty their accounts and also dogde from some oftheir creditors.

More worisome is the fact that they buy a lot of tings they do not need at very unimaginable prices.
Abeg ladies it s time to wake up oooooooooooooo!

(1) (Reply)

Are You Opening A Hotel/restaurant, Bar Or Club? / Urgent: Partner needed for ground research / Real Estate Analyst Needed For Gulf-based Venture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.