Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,167 members, 7,811,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early (20932 Views)

No Financial Success Without Any Of These 4 Important Tools Of Wealth / 4 Important Tools Of The Rich And Successful People / Advantages Of Early Crash Of MMM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by Nduemma12(m): 12:19pm On Aug 03, 2017
Hmmmmmm how I wish my dad did all this things mentioned above, at least I would have been the most successful Engineer on Electrical power section in this country

1 Share

Re: 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by sekem: 12:20pm On Aug 03, 2017
Easier said than done
Re: 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by speezyWears: 12:20pm On Aug 03, 2017
wunmi590:
Do a long term target savings in an insurance company.

Thanks me later

You talking Annuity investment boy? wink
Re: 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by aribisala0(m): 12:21pm On Aug 03, 2017
Uzordrew:
Best steps to retiring early: Give birth early(As soon as u can afford to adequately provide for them)
Give ur kids the best available education and train them to be responsible.
Marry a wife not a slay queen
Invest in real estate instead of cars and other liabilities.
Invest in individuals(Human capital)
What does giving birth have to do with retirement.Must everybody have children? Giving birth early could mean dying early
To my mind tthere is no equation that connects the two.

The most important steps to early retirement are
1. Earnings You must earn a decent income.The question of early retirement is not for poor people so this thread is TO WHOM IT A MAY CONCERN, A very tiny number of people
2. Live within your means as already mentioned by OP
3. Save regularly
4. Invest regularly I personally prefer stock but property and other investent vehicles( treaury bills, Exchange Traded Funds_ are good options. Agriculture can be a way of investing for example : Palm oil plantations, Timber Plantations yield income for many years when you can lo longer work

Get advice on investment.
Saving without investing is foolish especially in Nigeria because of inflation/currency devaluation as we have seen over the last two years. If you have cash and are not sure yet what to do consider a dmiciliary US dollar account. Personally rich people do not keep large bank balances except maybe thiieving politicians
Re: 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by wunmi590(m): 12:22pm On Aug 03, 2017
speezyWears:

You talking Annuity investment boy? wink

Who is your boy? You better wake up from your slumber pikin

1 Like

Re: 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by speezyWears: 12:27pm On Aug 03, 2017
wunmi590:

Who is your boy? You better wake up from your slumber pikin

Man sef dey bear Wunmi na,

Answer the question and stop being childish.. grin
Re: 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by bluediesel03: 12:27pm On Aug 03, 2017
Avoid Husshpuppi... .simple
Re: 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 03, 2017
My target is 45...I'll not come and not chop my own money...
Re: 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by agba1900: 12:30pm On Aug 03, 2017
A reputable media organisation in Nigeria requires the services of active, result-oriented marketers.
Qualifications: Minimum of HND or BSC in Marketing, Economics, Business Administration, Mass Communication or related fields.
Applicants must have a minimum of five years experience in a related job.
CVs and applications should be forwarded within three days to: rdentries1@gmail.com
Re: 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by emeka2847: 12:30pm On Aug 03, 2017
Any man who marries a slay queen will not retire early. He will die early.

Uzordrew:
Best steps to retiring early: Give birth early(As soon as u can afford to adequately provide for them)

1 Like

Re: 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by LoveMatchmaker: 12:31pm On Aug 03, 2017
maxiuc:
.marry on time

Give birth to your children on time

Bcus it is not easy training your children in school as a pensioner

Paying school fee with pension money

Hmmmmmmm

Absolutely correct o.

Marry a good spouse on time. So you can plan together afterall 2 heads are better than one.

If you want a good spouse - find somone to build with on http://lostrib.com?afmc=36a

You can thank me later
Re: 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 03, 2017
rawpadgin:
investment is the real deal

but how can we invest Wen we don't even have work?

nobody is willing to give you lone

#fucktheworld
abi o,how u wan give something when e no dey,investment investment se na our saliva we go invest?
Re: 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by AzorjiDavid: 12:38pm On Aug 03, 2017
RECYCLED UNCOUNTABLE TIMES ON NL
Re: 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by seguno2: 12:46pm On Aug 03, 2017
1zynnvn:
in this kind country where everything is expensive, how do you manage with 50k salary? abi you should live in a slum and eat 010 daily, and trek to work, so you can retire early, that's if you don't get hit by a vehicle while trekking or badoo mines your skull.....

Where there is a will there is always a way.
Sacrificial living, for a while, hardly kills anyone.
Re: 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by seguno2: 12:47pm On Aug 03, 2017
DrIkB:
why na i thought i will make FTC

Na who swear for you like this?
Re: 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by lakeside30: 12:59pm On Aug 03, 2017
rawpadgin:
investment is the real deal

but how can we invest Wen we don't even have work?

nobody is willing to give you lone LOAN

#fucktheworld
Re: 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 03, 2017
And after you have finished suffering and starving yourself then you die before retiring and some idiots will then start fighting over your properties in the name of brothers and your wife and kids are kicked out and maltreated.

Guys live your lives to the full people,no one knows tomorrow,who go be rich go be rich,to get rich is not to be the most suffered.
Re: 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by Ademat7(m): 1:02pm On Aug 03, 2017
more like telling God ur friends are the reason u don't make heaven...
1. reduce the number of times you meet them physically
2. reduce the number of time u change profile picture on social media
3.learn to say NO and mean it
4.can they fund your bills when you are broke?
ehix89:
My greatest means of spending is friends and family, I find it almost impossible to turn down request, the request keeps coming in month after month.
Re: 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 03, 2017
This one na for people wey get job na,
Re: 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by rawpadgin(m): 1:18pm On Aug 03, 2017
[quote author=lakeside30 post=59109403][/quote] thanks my brother

life situations can confuse man sometimes
Re: 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by rawpadgin(m): 1:18pm On Aug 03, 2017

Re: 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by stilldoingokay(f): 1:21pm On Aug 03, 2017
1zynnvn:
in this kind country where everything is expensive, how do you manage with 50k salary? abi you should live in a slum and eat 010 daily, and trek to work, so you can retire early, that's if you don't get hit by a vehicle while trekking or badoo mines your skull.....

your salary is 50k you should be grateful, that is my 2andhalf months salary
Re: 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by Rubyventures: 1:31pm On Aug 03, 2017
stilldoingokay:

your salary is 50k you should be grateful, that is my 2andhalf months salary

My security guard gets 20K and it comes with accommodation and electricity.
Re: 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by ehix89(m): 1:36pm On Aug 03, 2017
Ademat7:
more like telling God ur friends are the reason u don't make heaven...
1. reduce the number of times you meet them physically
2. reduce the number of time u change profile picture on social media
3.learn to say NO and mean it
4.can they fund your bills when you are broke?
Great points i'll have to take note of, anyway I'm not one to update catchy pictures on social media, when requests come I analyse critically, I must say most of them are well worth my money. The only drawback is that it doesn't generate returns, I pray for God's blessings I can't help but give what's the essence of amounting great wealth sef....In the end we'll all die.

1 Like

Re: 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by peretesi(m): 1:53pm On Aug 03, 2017
always think investment in a real business ... no matter how small..
#Think_Agriculture #Think_Greennation
Re: 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by jinxet2000: 2:52pm On Aug 03, 2017
This is like live and die young. Why won't someone enjoy life in the fullest. I mean travelling to your desired locations, eating well, buying decent clothes, change cars after a period, redesign your home etc.
The key things you must do to retire good are these... before I list them, retirement is simply working for money in my opinion.

1. Ensure you have minimum 3 sources of income (2 rented houses, 2 small scale business, 1 pension income source)
2. Ensure you have your own house of living in village and in city.
3. Ensure you have minimum 10 million Naira before retirement in you saving account.
4. Ensure your spouse is well educated and can work and earn her/his money if not retired.
5 Ensure your children have acquired college education and they have degrees from tertiary institutions.

JARUSHUB:
Even with the nature of our society, retiring early is possible and achievable (especially if this has always been your lifelong goal), you only need to be willing to make some sacrifices. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares 4 things to do if you want early retirement.

Avoid Spending Mindlessly

The most important step in controlling your finances enough to make early retirement possible, is to track your spending. You have to know what you’re spending on and if it’s necessary for you to spend that much on it, or even spend on it at all. Know how you spend, determine necessary expenses and focus your efforts on reducing or eliminating negligible or unnecessary expenses.

Stop Lifestyle Inflation

Try to avoid living at the maximum standard your income allows. Find a middle point and contently build your life around that, while you save and wisely invest the rest to further increase your earnings. If your income increases, try not to over boost your spending and put a reasonable portion of the extra money into savings. You can also apply this strategy to other surplus money like bonuses, and other small windfalls. This will benefit you far more than buying the latest gadgets and travelling to the most exotic locations all the time.

Go Home-Made

Opt for home-made food, as opposed to eating out all the time. If you’re skeptical about just how financially beneficial this strategy is, give it a shot for a month and see the results. You can even save some more money if you know how to negotiate well for groceries and food stuffs at the market. In addition to the financial benefits of going home-made, there’s also the health benefit of eating fresher and healthier meals.

Stop Trying to Please or One-Up Your Friends

This is one of the biggest money wasters and the greatest enemy to early financial independence. Keeping up with the Joneses and trying to live up to your friend’s standard can end up not only robbing you of a chance at early financial independence, but it can also mess you up financially. Avoid going out all the time, spending in places you never intended to spend in, and spending lavishly on things that you could care less about because of so-called friends. Stick with friends with the same financial mindset as yours, who will contribute positively to your goal of achieving early financial freedom. You’ll be better off for it.

source: http://www.jarushub.com/4-important-things-to-do-if-you-want-to-retire-early/

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
Re: 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by jtwest(m): 2:55pm On Aug 03, 2017
5chrisade:
Ok. Work really hard while you are young.

and also work smart too; hard work rarely means more money!
Re: 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by contadina: 3:03pm On Aug 03, 2017
I agree with you. My family is where I am spending my money on. Don't know how to say no!
ehix89:
My greatest means of spending is friends and family, I find it almost impossible to turn down request, the request keeps coming in month after month.
Re: 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by bellville: 3:17pm On Aug 03, 2017
Uzordrew:
this is the way to go. You are very right. Kudos
Re: 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by benzazae(m): 3:49pm On Aug 03, 2017
JARUSHUB:
Even with the nature of our society, retiring early is possible and achievable (especially if this has always been your lifelong goal), you only need to be willing to make some sacrifices. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares 4 things to do if you want early retirement.

The most important step in controlling your finances enough to make early retirement possible, is to track your spending. You have to know what you’re spending on and if it’s necessary for you to spend that much on it, or even spend on it at all. Know how you spend, determine necessary expenses and focus your efforts on reducing or eliminating negligible or unnecessary expenses.

Stop Lifestyle Inflation

Try to avoid living at the maximum standard your income allows. Find a middle point and contently build your life around that, while you save and wisely invest the rest to further increase your earnings. If your income increases, try not to over boost your spending and put a reasonable portion of the extra money into savings. You can also apply this strategy to other surplus money like bonuses, and other small windfalls. This will benefit you far more than buying the latest gadgets and travelling to the most exotic locations all the time.

Go Home-Made

Opt for home-made food, as opposed to eating out all the time. If you’re skeptical about just how financially beneficial this strategy is, give it a shot for a month and see the results. You can even save some more money if you know how to negotiate well for groceries and food stuffs at the market. In addition to the financial benefits of going home-made, there’s also the health benefit of eating fresher and healthier meals.

This is one of the biggest money wasters and the greatest enemy to early financial independence. Keeping up with the Joneses and trying to live up to your friend’s standard can end up not only robbing you of a chance at early financial independence, but it can also mess you up financially. Avoid going out all the time, spending in places you never intended to spend in, and spending lavishly on things that you could care less about because of so-called friends. Stick with friends with the same financial mindset as yours, who will contribute positively to your goal of achieving early financial freedom. You’ll be better off for it.

source: http://www.jarushub.com/4-important-things-to-do-if-you-want-to-retire-early/

Become a politician, steal as much as u can and retire 10 yrs b4 ur mates...
Re: 4 Important Things To Do If You Want To Retire Early by 400billionman: 4:08pm On Aug 03, 2017
JARUSHUB:

Stop Lifestyle Inflation

Go Home-Made

These ones no work.

What shall we do to be saved ?

Your topic is like.

What shall we NOT do to be saved ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Central African Republic Adopts Bitcoin As Legal Tender / Can A Person Have Two Bvn Numbers / Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.