Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,120 members, 7,863,905 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:41 AM

“lagos Will Become Africa’s Third Largest Economy Before I Die” – Says Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “lagos Will Become Africa’s Third Largest Economy Before I Die” – Says Obasanjo (602 Views)

Nigeria Has Become Africa's Money-losing Machine - Forbes Magazine / A Good Reminder About Nigeria Economy Before And Now. / Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“lagos Will Become Africa’s Third Largest Economy Before I Die” – Says Obasanjo by Ibakagists(m): 2:20pm On Aug 03, 2017
According to the former Nigerian President, Olusegun Obasanjo, Lagos will become Africa’s third largest economy before he dies.

The former president made this known yesterday at the book launch of a book titled, “Making Africa Work”, co-authored by the former president and three other authors. The other authors are Greg Mills, Director of Brenthurst Foundation; Jeffrey Herbst, President of NEWSEUM and Dickie Davis, a retired major general.

The former president said the Lagos State government is working towards making the state an economic hub, which he jokingly said would come to fruition before he passes on.

Obasanjo, who is the chair of Brenthurst Foundation, disclosed that plans are underway for the foundation and Lagos state government to make the state the third largest economy on the continent. In his words ,he said;

“(Even though) People said I look like someone who is in the departure lounge.”
“Lagos will become the third largest economy before I take my boarding pass.”
The former president also said that Africa is not a poor continent, adding that the continent is only poor by choice, urging Africans to focus on wealth creation and job opportunities, saying the continent should complain less about poverty.

“Africa is poorly managed,” he said, adding that, “We are poor by choice (and) we will also get out of that poverty by choice.” He said

SOURCE http://www.ibakagists.com/2017/08/lagos-will-become-africas-third-largest.html
Re: “lagos Will Become Africa’s Third Largest Economy Before I Die” – Says Obasanjo by sarrki(m): 2:21pm On Aug 03, 2017
So shall it be

Land grabbers stay away
Re: “lagos Will Become Africa’s Third Largest Economy Before I Die” – Says Obasanjo by Angeleena(m): 2:27pm On Aug 03, 2017
not without the help of the Igbos...

1 Like

Re: “lagos Will Become Africa’s Third Largest Economy Before I Die” – Says Obasanjo by Bolustical: 2:30pm On Aug 03, 2017
^^^^^^^
Yes of course, like the Igbos developed this place in Aba.

https://www.nairaland.com/3963161/already-idps-aba-just-like

1 Like

Re: “lagos Will Become Africa’s Third Largest Economy Before I Die” – Says Obasanjo by Bolustical: 2:31pm On Aug 03, 2017
Though OBJ might have his obvious flaws like everyone but I know he will never

a) Tag 90% of Yoruba women prostitutes,

b) Regard those who oppose his views as 'PIGS' and/or 'IDIOTS',

c) Deride Yorubas who attend churches headed by other tribes as 'IMBECILES'

That is who a leader is. Not a tout.

1 Like

Re: “lagos Will Become Africa’s Third Largest Economy Before I Die” – Says Obasanjo by Ibakagists(m): 2:33pm On Aug 03, 2017
Re: “lagos Will Become Africa’s Third Largest Economy Before I Die” – Says Obasanjo by Jabioro: 2:41pm On Aug 03, 2017
Amen!!!
Re: “lagos Will Become Africa’s Third Largest Economy Before I Die” – Says Obasanjo by eleojo23: 2:43pm On Aug 03, 2017
OK...
Re: “lagos Will Become Africa’s Third Largest Economy Before I Die” – Says Obasanjo by Newmanluckyman(m): 3:11pm On Aug 03, 2017
Ibakagists:
According to the former Nigerian President, Olusegun Obasanjo, Lagos will become Africa’s third largest economy before he dies.

The former president made this known yesterday at the book launch of a book titled, “Making Africa Work”, co-authored by the former president and three other authors. The other authors are Greg Mills, Director of Brenthurst Foundation; Jeffrey Herbst, President of NEWSEUM and Dickie Davis, a retired major general.

The former president said the Lagos State government is working towards making the state an economic hub, which he jokingly said would come to fruition before he passes on.

Obasanjo, who is the chair of Brenthurst Foundation, disclosed that plans are underway for the foundation and Lagos state government to make the state the third largest economy on the continent. In his words ,he said;

“(Even though) People said I look like someone who is in the departure lounge.”
“Lagos will become the third largest economy before I take my boarding pass.”
The former president also said that Africa is not a poor continent, adding that the continent is only poor by choice, urging Africans to focus on wealth creation and job opportunities, saying the continent should complain less about poverty.

“Africa is poorly managed,” he said, adding that, “We are poor by choice (and) we will also get out of that poverty by choice.” He said

SOURCE http://www.ibakagists.com/2017/08/lagos-will-become-africas-third-largest.html
...mr hypocritical Obasanjo. The same Lagos he starved of funds during his tenure? The same Lagos under his watch some hardcore elements from the north conspired to take away the capital to Abuja? The same Lagos he was mute on when IBB was foot dragging on building the 3rd mainland bridge until well meaning Nigerians speak in unison in favour of the bridge. Or is it the same OBJ that never condems the northerners for once in Lagos especially when the went on rampage maiming and killing innocent people?

Mr OBJ, we know who you are. First of all, learn how to accept blames and responsibility for your actions and inactions then we can take your word serious as regards to Lagos State.

2 Likes

Re: “lagos Will Become Africa’s Third Largest Economy Before I Die” – Says Obasanjo by veraponpo(m): 3:49pm On Aug 03, 2017
This is the truth, Lagos will become Africa's 3rd largest economy coming behind Nigeria and South Africa but not because Obasanjo is responsible for it.

Kudos to Tinubu - The planner,

Kudos to Fash baba ( brainy guy), the executor;

Kudos to Ambode, the sustainer.
Re: “lagos Will Become Africa’s Third Largest Economy Before I Die” – Says Obasanjo by scholes0(m): 4:13pm On Aug 03, 2017
Lagos is already Africa's third largest economy, Mr Obasanjo.

And you play 0 role in that. We know those who really helped develop Lagos and bring it to the status it currently enjoys today. You aren't one of them.

1 Like

Re: “lagos Will Become Africa’s Third Largest Economy Before I Die” – Says Obasanjo by scholes0(m): 4:13pm On Aug 03, 2017
...... Let me park my Venza here.
Re: “lagos Will Become Africa’s Third Largest Economy Before I Die” – Says Obasanjo by scholes0(m): 4:15pm On Aug 03, 2017
Newmanluckyman:
...mr hypocritical Obasanjo. The same Lagos he starved of funds during his tenure? The same Lagos under his watch some hardcore elements from the north conspired to take away the capital to Abuja? The same Lagos he was mute on when IBB was foot dragging on building the 3rd mainland bridge until well meaning Nigerians speak in unison in favour of the bridge. Or is it the same OBJ that never condems the northerners for once in Lagos especially when the went on rampage maiming and killing innocent people?

Mr OBJ, we know who you are. First of all, learn how to accept blames and responsibility for your actions and inactions then we can take your word serious as regards to Lagos State.

Well said bro!

1 Like

Re: “lagos Will Become Africa’s Third Largest Economy Before I Die” – Says Obasanjo by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 03, 2017
Omo YORUBA rere

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Invades UN Building In Maiduguri, Searches For Arms. / mm / Anambra Guber Election - Early Pictures From APGA Primaries 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.