Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,829 members, 7,828,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

5-year-old Girl Travels Alone On A Long Flight - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5-year-old Girl Travels Alone On A Long Flight (995 Views)

5-Year-Old Chinese Boy Drives A Tractor Like A Pro / How To Prevent Leg Cramps During A Long Flight / 12 Tips For Surviving A Long Flight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5-year-old Girl Travels Alone On A Long Flight by SageTravels: 5:38pm On Aug 03, 2017
A little girl on a long flight got some help from a kindly pilot in Omaha, who pulled off the airline equivalent of hitting the drive-thru.

Last month, 5-year-old Aisley Schatz was on a flight by herself from Los Angeles to Orlando when the Southwest Airlines crew found out she was hungry.

So during a layover in Omaha, the pilot stepped off the plane, hit the food court at Eppley Airfield and bought the girl some KFC chicken strips and potato wedges.

“He went above and beyond,” said Natesha Schatz, the girl’s mom.

Schatz said her daughter, who had brought a few snacks with her on the flight, was returning to her home near Orlando after visiting grandparents.

Southwest allows children as young as 5 to travel by themselves as long the flight is nonstop or has a layover that does not require changing planes.

Schatz said other crew members also helped her daughter. One flight attendant provided her personal cell phone so the girl could make a video call to her mom during the Omaha layover.

Schatz thanked the pilot and crew in a note on Facebook. Southwest Airlines shared the post Wednesday, along with a photo showing the girl posing with the pilots on the flight deck after the plane landed in Orlando.

Capt. Wes Huston, in an interview Wednesday, said he’s a father of two boys, and when he found out the girl was hungry, his dad instincts kicked in.

He said he’s flown into Omaha many times over the years and knew there was a KFC in the food court — he also knew that kids love chicken strips.

“That is always a sure hit,” he said.

Schatz said it was the first time her daughter had flown by herself. Schatz said it made her feel good that the crew treated her daughter like she was their own.

“It made me happy there were people who would take care of her,” she said.

Cc: lalasticlala , ijelove, Mynd44 justwise

http://sagetravels.com/5-year-old-girl-travels-alone-on-a-long-flight/

1 Like

Re: 5-year-old Girl Travels Alone On A Long Flight by Airtimex(m): 5:42pm On Aug 03, 2017
Earlier the better

Nice one wink

1 Like

Re: 5-year-old Girl Travels Alone On A Long Flight by idoncare440(f): 5:50pm On Aug 03, 2017
ohk.
Re: 5-year-old Girl Travels Alone On A Long Flight by SageTravels: 5:51pm On Aug 03, 2017
Airtimex:
Earlier the better

Nice one wink

100% true bro. But na when you get money na
Re: 5-year-old Girl Travels Alone On A Long Flight by Airtimex(m): 5:59pm On Aug 03, 2017
SageTravels:

100% true bro. But na when you get money na

cheesy

Na so bro...once there is life, hopefully we go count money.

Believe... kiss
Re: 5-year-old Girl Travels Alone On A Long Flight by GBASKY: 6:16pm On Aug 03, 2017
That is the kind of exposure our children should be getting, because it makes them to appreciate people and life and increases their level of belief and trust. unlike Nigerian news that is full of insecurity, distrust and wickedness that makes me sad hearing a father sold his own son for =N=120K imagine? But thank GOD we still have some good people around too

1 Like

Re: 5-year-old Girl Travels Alone On A Long Flight by 2O17: 10:58pm On Aug 03, 2017
Life sha...5 years old don dey fly & me never see airport with my eyes. E go better sha.
Re: 5-year-old Girl Travels Alone On A Long Flight by ichommy(m): 1:27am On Aug 04, 2017
2O17:
Life sha...5 years old don dey fly & me never see airport with my eyes. E go better sha.

1 Like

Re: 5-year-old Girl Travels Alone On A Long Flight by Nobody: 5:09am On Aug 04, 2017
GBASKY:
That is the kind of exposure our children should be getting, because it makes them to appreciate people and life and increases their level of belief and trust. unlike Nigerian news that is full of insecurity, distrust and wickedness that makes me sad hearing a father sold his own son for =N=120K imagine? But thank GOD we still have some good people around too

You don't hear bad news abroad abi? People don't kill their own children there, let Google assist you with that info
Re: 5-year-old Girl Travels Alone On A Long Flight by czaratwork: 9:52am On Aug 04, 2017
irresponsible mum

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help Me. I Need To Send An Item From Nigeria To Zimbabwe. / Queen Elizabeth’s Journey To Itu In 1956. / My Ugly Experience Using Peace Mass Transit Motors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.