Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,001 members, 7,821,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself (7920 Views)

God's Omnipotence Contradicts The Requirement For Free Will In God's Plan. / Moral Teaching In The Gospels / Integrity Of The Gospels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself by true2god: 11:39am On Aug 14, 2017
[quote author=aminusanti post=59457847][/quote]Muslims claim the Qur'an has no single scientific, historical and geographical error so it is proper to put it under scrutiny in order to valid their claim. Its unfortunate that the Qur'an had failed many scientific and geographic test but our stubborn Muslims will never accept, partly because of their self-inflated ego and to defend allahh and his apostle. Since allahh is also a human anatomist, let's look at the links below in order to validate or refute both allahh and Mohammed's claim:

https://www.britannica.com/topic/ejaculation

https://www.sharecare.com/health/male-reproductive-system-health/where-men-store-sperm
https://medlineplus.gov/ency/anatomyvideos/000121.htm

Ironically, no Muslim has even done any modern finding or research on human anatomy. Its unfortunate that Muslims keep deluding themselves by accepting the words of an illiterate Arab man over a 21st century scientific findings.

Let me get your findings and compare same with what your prophet claimed.

2 Likes

Re: If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself by aminusanti(m): 1:45pm On Aug 14, 2017
true2god:
Muslims claim the Qur'an has no single scientific, historical and geographical error so it is proper to put it under scrutiny in order to valid their claim. Its unfortunate that the Qur'an had failed many scientific and geographic test but our stubborn Muslims will never accept, partly because of their self-inflated ego and to defend allahh and his apostle. Since allahh is also a human anatomist, let's look at the links below in order to validate or refute both allahh and Mohammed's claim:

https://www.britannica.com/topic/ejaculation

https://www.sharecare.com/health/male-reproductive-system-health/where-men-store-sperm
https://medlineplus.gov/ency/anatomyvideos/000121.htm

Ironically, no Muslim has even done any modern finding or research on human anatomy. Its unfortunate that Muslims keep deluding themselves by accepting the words of an illiterate Arab man over a 21st century scientific findings.

Let me get your findings and compare same with what your prophet claimed.

Read here also if you re ready to know the truth
http://www.answering-christianity.com/munir_munshey/semenproduction_rebuttal.htm

1 Like

Re: If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself by haffaze777(m): 4:52pm On Aug 14, 2017
Visitor700:

I concur brother. He was taken in by the anti-islam bigots in the western media.
jazzakumllah khair

1 Like

Re: If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself by plainbibletruth: 5:18pm On Aug 14, 2017
aminusanti:

For a critic like you, u will always see it as unclear simply bcus your cooked up stories cant fit in. Quran is as clear as day. Exact thing was highlighted to u from ur scriptures but you simply rejected the fact

pls stop all this ur blind argument jst try n educate yourself on why some hadith re considered weak or rejected first

/b] again help yourself first and things will start making sense to you

your proofs pls or just give us a single commentary on it by any mufassir.

Double standard

U can mock around now but a day will come when it will make a perfect sense to you wink

irrelevant

You r yet to provide a single error from the Holy Quran as you claim but if you cant I will proceed to put forward the ones from the bible so, we can see if it's truly from God. Would u do us a favor to explain them pls?

[b]I feel sympathy for you
If you choose to ACCEPT a thing because you were told it is the truth without really checking it out and becoming convinced that it is actually the truth then no one can help it that you have brainwashed YOURSELF through Islamic propaganda.

Again to summarize on this issue:
"he FOUND it setting in a miry spring, or spring of dark mud" cannot be interpreted other than that HE FOUND THE SUN SETTING IN A ......

It cannot be interpreted in any other way like you want to make yourself see.

Mohamed interpreted it the same way: He said: It sets in a spring of warm water.

BUT because you know that it shows an error in the quran you reject even Mohamed's interpretation. How unfortunate.
Re: If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself by plainbibletruth: 5:30pm On Aug 14, 2017
Visitor700:

You didn't answer my question. Is it valid to interpret (Revelation 12:1) literally?

No, it is not.
Re: If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself by true2god: 5:08am On Aug 15, 2017
aminusanti:

Read here also if you re ready to know the truth
http://www.answering-christianity.com/munir_munshey/semenproduction_rebuttal.htm
You can't give a religiously biased site for your rebuttal. I expected you to provide an independent and secular scientific site that talked about where semen is store prior ejaculation.

Why will allahh give a wrong information? And again I ask you, aside Mohammed, was there any of God's prophet that suffered magic spell, or oppressed by a demon, even momentarily?
Re: If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself by Visitor700: 10:07am On Aug 15, 2017
Re: If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself by aminusanti(m): 12:31pm On Aug 15, 2017
true2god:
You can't give a religiously biased site for your rebuttal. I expected you to provide an independent and secular scientific site that talked about where semen is store prior ejaculation.

Why will allahh give a wrong information? And again I ask you, aside Mohammed, was there any of God's prophet that suffered magic spell, or oppressed by a demon, even momentarily?

»Quran 2:18«
Deaf, dumb, and blind, They will not return (to the path)

fail as usual.lol
All am seeing is lame excuses.

the truth is only 1.is either you take it or you leave it.. I cant give you more than what you found from that site..or do you want to play your old tricks?after long explanation you end up calling it a lie ! Am.nt a victim to that any more.

You can carry on deceiving yourselves by giving all those empty excuses...still waiting for a single error in the quran by you as you claimed.btw when will you guys allow me to start asking about your book? Cus I notice whenever I asked you pple you all deliberately ignore it. Why? You were given a chance to prove justv a single error from the quran bt you couldnt, all you do is going back n forth ignorantly without realizing it. If you want to know what truly it means by error n contradiction allow me to put forward my queries pls from Bible cheesy
Re: If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself by true2god: 12:58pm On Aug 15, 2017
aminusanti:

»Quran 2:18«
Deaf, dumb, and blind, They will not return (to the path)

fail as usual.lol
All am seeing is lame excuses.

the truth is only 1.is either you take it or you leave it.. I cant give you more than what you found from that site..or do you want to play your old tricks?after long explanation you end up calling it a lie ! Am.nt a victim to that any more.

You can carry on deceiving yourselves by giving all those empty excuses...still waiting for a single error in the quran by you as you claimed.btw when will you guys allow me to start asking about your book? Cus I notice whenever I asked you pple you all deliberately ignore it. Why? You were given a chance to prove justv a single error from the quran bt you couldnt, all you do is going back n forth ignorantly without realizing it. If you want to know what truly it means by error n contradiction allow me to put forward my queries pls from Bible cheesy
Take it easy, don't be agitated. You visited an Islamic altaqiyya website to prove your point which further proves your desperation.

I asked you for an unbiased scholarly scientific paper that proves that human semen come from back-bone and the rib but you never provided any. Twisting and turning cannot make a lie become the truth. Truth is judged by facts and evidence and not belief (or claim).

See what your Quran said about the stars (I won't give you hundreds of scientific errors in the hadith because you will sure reject the hadith):

And verily We have beautified the world's heaven with lamps, and We have made them missiles for the devils, and for them We have prepared the doom of flame.
Qur'an 67:5

The hadith below confirm the ayah above:

'Abdullah. Ibn 'Abbas reported: A person from the Ansar who was amongst the Companions of Allah's Messenger (pbuh reported to me: As we were sitting during the night with Allah's Messenger (pbuh), a meteor shot gave a dazzling light. Allah's Messenger (pbuh) said: What did you say in the pre-Islamic days when there was such a shot (of meteor)? They said: Allah and His Messenger know best (the actual position), but we, however, used to say that that very night a great man had been born and a great man had died, whereupon Allah's Messenger pbuh) said: (These meteors) are shot neither at the death of anyone nor on the birth of anyone. Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, issues Command when He decides to do a thing. Then (the Angels) supporting the Throne sing His glory, then sing the dwellers of heaven who are near to them until this glory of God reaches them who are in the heaven of this world. Then those who are near the supporters of the Throne ask these supporters of the Throne: What your Lord has said? And they accordingly inform them what He says. Then the dwellers of heaven seek information from them until this information reaches the heaven of the world. In this process of transmission (the jinn snatches) what he manages to overhear and he carries it to his friends. And when the Angels see the jinn they attack them with meteors. If they narrate only which they manage to snatch that is correct but they alloy it with lies and make additions to it.
Sahih Muslim 26:5538.

Is the 'science of the Quran' geographically true?

Lest I forget, I asked you of any prophet, aside Mohammed, that had been affected by black magic, that made him taught he slept will all his wives (in one night) when he never did such.
Re: If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself by Visitor700: 11:29pm On Aug 15, 2017
Re: If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself by plainbibletruth: 7:58am On Aug 16, 2017
Visitor700:

Why?
Because that narrative clearly states that the Apostle John was having a spiritual experience.
Re: If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself by Visitor700: 8:03pm On Aug 16, 2017
Re: If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself by plainbibletruth: 9:59pm On Aug 16, 2017
Visitor700:

And what does the commentary say about quran 18:86?

Before you go off on a tangent let's get things in perspective: It is the recording in the Bible (not commentary ) that clearly stated that Apostle John was having a spiritual experience.
In the case of sura 18 narrative NOTHING in the quran stated that it was a vision or dream or the kind.

So, the two are not at par. They are not the same. Apostle John's case is talking about a non-physical experience while
Dhul-Qarnayn's experience was a physical, natural one.

In explaining them therefore, it will be wrong to assume that they are one and the same kind of experience.

Like I will show later, NONE of the earliest Islamic source thought it should NOT be seen as a purely natural experience.

It's more of you contemporary Moslems, who know the reality, but wanting to justify the quran as error-free, seek "smart-interpretation" to try to wriggle out of quranic quagmire.

Remember again that THE QURAN says it is CLEAR and EXPLAINS ITSELF. Therefore if multiple COMMENTARIES are required to explain simple passages and statements in the quran then that CLAIM is itself an indictment against the quran: We can then say it is not as clear as it says it is.

2 Likes

Re: If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself by aminusanti(m): 6:41am On Aug 17, 2017
true2god:
Take it easy, don't be agitated. You visited an Islamic altaqiyya website to prove your point which further proves your desperation.

I asked you for an unbiased scholarly scientific paper that proves that human semen come from back-bone and the rib but you never provided any. Twisting and turning cannot make a lie become the truth. Truth is judged by facts and evidence and not belief (or claim).

See what your Quran said about the stars (I won't give you hundreds of scientific errors in the hadith because you will sure reject the hadith):

And verily We have beautified the world's heaven with lamps, and We have made them missiles for the devils, and for them We have prepared the doom of flame.
Qur'an 67:5

The hadith below confirm the ayah above:

'Abdullah. Ibn 'Abbas reported: A person from the Ansar who was amongst the Companions of Allah's Messenger (pbuh reported to me: As we were sitting during the night with Allah's Messenger (pbuh), a meteor shot gave a dazzling light. Allah's Messenger (pbuh) said: What did you say in the pre-Islamic days when there was such a shot (of meteor)? They said: Allah and His Messenger know best (the actual position), but we, however, used to say that that very night a great man had been born and a great man had died, whereupon Allah's Messenger pbuh) said: (These meteors) are shot neither at the death of anyone nor on the birth of anyone. Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, issues Command when He decides to do a thing. Then (the Angels) supporting the Throne sing His glory, then sing the dwellers of heaven who are near to them until this glory of God reaches them who are in the heaven of this world. Then those who are near the supporters of the Throne ask these supporters of the Throne: What your Lord has said? And they accordingly inform them what He says. Then the dwellers of heaven seek information from them until this information reaches the heaven of the world. In this process of transmission (the jinn snatches) what he manages to overhear and he carries it to his friends. And when the Angels see the jinn they attack them with meteors. If they narrate only which they manage to snatch that is correct but they alloy it with lies and make additions to it.
Sahih Muslim 26:5538.

Is the 'science of the Quran' geographically true?

Lest I forget, I asked you of any prophet, aside Mohammed, that had been affected by black magic, that made him taught he slept will all his wives (in one night) when he never did such.
My friend pls stop this your copy n paste rubbish that you yourself dnt understand .. even if I give you a logical proof you ll still argue simply bcus you dont even knw the basics... if we r talking of errors here r some samples out of hundreds that r undefendable from ur bible

*Vegetation was created on the third day and sun on the fourth:

According to the book of Genesis, Chapter 1 Verses 11 to 13, vegetation was created on the third day along with seed bearing grasses, plants and trees, and sun was created on the fourth day (verses 14-19). How is it scientifically possible for vegetation to have appeared on earth without the presence of the sun?

*SUN and the MOON both emit light?

According to the Bible, both the sun and the moon emit their own light. Genesis Chapter 1 verse 16 says “And God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night.” Today, science tells us that the moon does not have its own light. This confirms the Qur’anic concept that the light of the moon is a reflected light. To say that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) 1400 years ago corrected these scientific errors in the bible and then copied the “corrected passages” onto the Qur’an is to state the impossible.
Re: If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself by plainbibletruth: 9:27am On Aug 17, 2017
aminusanti:

My friend .......

*Vegetation was created on the third day and sun on the fourth:

According to the book of Genesis, Chapter 1 Verses 11 to 13, vegetation was created on the third day along with seed bearing grasses, plants and trees, and sun was created on the fourth day (verses 14-19). How is it scientifically possible for vegetation to have appeared on earth without the presence of the sun?

*SUN and the MOON both emit light?

According to the Bible, both the sun and the moon emit their own light. Genesis Chapter 1 verse 16 says “And God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night.” Today, science tells us that the moon does not have its own light. This confirms the Qur’anic concept that the light of the moon is a reflected light. To say that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) 1400 years ago corrected these scientific errors in the bible and then copied the “corrected passages” onto the Qur’an is to state the impossible.

Instead of addressing the issues he brought up you engage in DEFLECTION by shifting focus to other things.
That should say something about you.

It is a WELL KNOWN FACT that hundreds of years before Mohamed SCIENTISTS and PHILOSOPHERS knew the so-called science of the quran
. When you modern Islamic apologists want to make the world THINK that these things were SUDDENLY revealed only in the quran you make a fool of yourselves and your unsuspecting listeners and readers.

Aristotle lived hundreds of years before Mohamed.
Did he discover anything about the earth or the universe?
Your answer to that question should show how sincere you are in knowing the TRUTH.
Re: If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself by aminusanti(m): 1:41pm On Aug 17, 2017
plainbibletruth:

Instead of addressing the issues he brought up you engage in DEFLECTION by shifting focus to other things.
That should say something about you.

It is a WELL KNOWN FACT that hundreds of years before Mohamed SCIENTISTS and PHILOSOPHERS knew the so-called science of the quran
. When you modern Islamic apologists want to make the world THINK that these things were SUDDENLY revealed only in the quran you make a fool of yourselves and your unsuspecting listeners and readers.

Aristotle lived hundreds of years before Mohamed.
Did he discover anything about the earth or the universe?
Your answer to that question should show how sincere you are in knowing the TRUTH.
Sincerity is what most of u r lacking that's why I dislike engaging in this kind of debate...what's the essence of the whole argument? U put forward ur queries, I answered and you disagreed with my point without providing any solid reason to back ur empty claims and yet I cant question your faith!! So, what are we doing then?? Pls just face front n continue sticking to all dis ur preconceived ideas on islam.
Re: If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself by Visitor700: 10:19pm On Aug 17, 2017
Re: If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself by soleny: 12:52pm On Aug 18, 2017
I was in a dream i saw myself in a class/hall with plenty people well seated.In the dream i saw the facilitator wrote some words on the board and ask anybody to stand up pick up any topic and speak on it.Nobody stood up in the class but i managed to stand and speak but before i proceed with my speech i told the class no one should laugh at me as i just want to try my luck.I started the topic well that people started appreciating me by clapping their hands but all of a sudden as i move closer to the front i had issues with my hills and i fell.Two persons came to assist me out of the front.Then i had another dream in that same dream.The class was over this time and the facilitator said they have three special gifts for three persons and for us to collect those gifts it has to be through survival of the fit test because we were too much.
I noticed the crowd was much and i ponder within me how possible it will be for me to be the first to get the gift.When the facilitator gave us the go ahead to meet the person with the gift outside, i ran through the back door and noticed i was the first to meet the man with the gift, he acknowledged me being the first but said i should allow him enter the mosque and pray before he will attend to me(Please note that i am a christian).I sat down on a bench outside the mosque waiting for him as other people pass by without knowing where the man entered two people approached me and i told them the man is in the mosque they should wait for him while we complete three and i being the first on the queue.Then another two people came and wanted to join i told them we were complete but they didnt answer.That was how i woke up.
Re: If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself by soleny: 1:08pm On Aug 18, 2017
Please someone should help me interpret this dream.My younger sister told me three months ago she saw me in a dream pregnant, very fat and beautiful and was standing close to a jeep car then she work up.Again she called me this week and told me she had a dream that i was pregnant again, looking very fat in the dream ,she asked how many months was the pregnancy and i told her 5 months, she told me in the dream it will be a baby boy, she prayed for me and she asked me who was the father of the baby i refuse to talk, then she woke up.

I am presently not in any relationship , kindly help interpret the dream.
Re: If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself by plainbibletruth: 12:44pm On Aug 21, 2017
Aminusanti, Visitor700, Talkislam

You may not have had an option going into Islam but you do not have to continue in the irrationality of blind defence of the quran or Islam.
The quran says it is CLEAR, that it explains itself, and that is a book for which there is no doubt.
Therefore when we look at the passage in Q. 18 we should expect it to be nothing less than the quran claims. If it is UNCLEAR, does not explain itself and leaves room for doubt then the quran leaves itself open for query.

One thing I’ve seen you guys do is to say the phrase “he found it setting” does not really mean he found it setting in a pool of muddy water. What it means is that “it appears to him” or it’s “as if it were setting in the ocean”. Notice that the word used for the body of water referred to is for a small body of water – pool or spring; it is not river, or sea or ocean.
In a clear instance where the quran claims something was not what it seems, it did not say something otherwise. In the case of JESUS’ CRUCIFICTION the quran (4: 157) did not say they FOUND Jesus crucified on the cross but used the phrase “but so it was made to appear to them”
If this idea was also meant of the Dhu’l Quanain’s experience why were these same words not used? Why did the quran not simply say it only appeared to him that the sun set in a pool of muddy water?
The word “FOUND” or “to find” is used in other places in the quran. Where these words were found, did they have the same idea of “it only appears”? The answer is NO!
Why then do you guys want us to believe the unbelievable?
In Q. 18 First, Mohamed was asked a question about Dhu’l Quanain.
Dhu’l Quanain takes a trip. He went on a road trip.
If the purpose of the narrative was for him to just “SEE” the sunset why would he need to take a trip? Couldn’t he have just waited for the sunset and then described it?
Then, he physically REACHED A PLACE.
If the record of the setting sun is not literal then the record of his travel and reaching a place and meeting a people there shouldn’t be taken as literal, should they? If so what then do they represent?

The Muddy Spring
Like I said earlier a spring is not ocean, sea or even a LAKE. Now, is there a spring or pool of water ANYWHERE in the world that is so wide and stretches to the horizon such that when the sun sets it would appear to set into it? The answer again is NO!
I have seen Moslem apologists use the picture of a sea side or ocean to explain this portion of the quran when the quran itself CLEARLY said spring or pool; showing the ridiculous extent they are ready to go to make their ‘explanations’ agree with their preconceived notion.

Hadith Authentication
The hadith I quoted from is considered top classification. In it Mohamed says the sun “sets in a spring of warm water”. Discrediting it in order to justify your position is dishonesty. The earliest Islamic scholars did not think that way. Perhaps the 21st century Moslem understand the quran better that the early scholars.

How the early Islamic Scholars interpreted this quran
How did Tabari interpret this portion of the quran? In the HISTORY of Tabari, in quoting Abdula Ibn Abbas he said THE SUN LITERALY SETS IN A POOL OF MUDDY SPRING.

Altafsir.com
This site has the Tafsirs.
1. Tafsir Mujahid (104H) the ealiest
Up to the 10th Tafsir (303H)
Up to the 18th Tafsir (427H)
All of them saw that narrative as being literal.
A story written 700 years before Mohamed actually had this “sun setting in a muddy pool” story.
It was not until the 21st Tafsir by Al- Tusi (460H) 1067AD that the claim that it may not have been as the quran stated it began to come up. But others such as Ibn Al-Akhshad held on to the actual quranic statement.

Conclusion
The evidence regarding what EXACTLY the quran says is simply undeniable.
Not all of the quran is perfectly CLEAR and ERROR FREE as you have been made to believe.
Re: If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself by aminusanti(m): 1:29pm On Aug 21, 2017
plainbibletruth:
Aminusanti, Visitor700, Talkislam

You may not have had an option going into Islam but you do not have to continue in the irrationality of blind defence of the quran or Islam.
The quran says it is CLEAR, that it explains itself, and that is a book for which there is no doubt.
Therefore when we look at the passage in Q. 18 we should expect it to be nothing less than the quran claims. If it is UNCLEAR, does not explain itself and leaves room for doubt then the quran leaves itself open for query.

One thing I’ve seen you guys do is to say the phrase “he found it setting” does not really mean he found it setting in a pool of muddy water. What it means is that “it appears to him” or it’s “as if it were setting in the ocean”. Notice that the word used for the body of water referred to is for a small body of water – pool or spring; it is not river, or sea or ocean.
In a clear instance where the quran claims something was not what it seems, it did not say something otherwise. In the case of JESUS’ CRUCIFICTION the quran (4: 157) did not say they FOUND Jesus crucified on the cross but used the phrase “but so it was made to appear to them”
If this idea was also meant of the Dhu’l Quanain’s experience why were these same words not used? Why did the quran not simply say it only appeared to him that the sun set in a pool of muddy water?
The word “FOUND” or “to find” is used in other places in the quran. Where these words were found, did they have the same idea of “it only appears”? The answer is NO!
Why then do you guys want us to believe the unbelievable?
In Q. 18 First, Mohamed was asked a question about Dhu’l Quanain.
Dhu’l Quanain takes a trip. He went on a road trip.
If the purpose of the narrative was for him to just “SEE” the sunset why would he need to take a trip? Couldn’t he have just waited for the sunset and then described it?
Then, he physically REACHED A PLACE.
If the record of the setting sun is not literal then the record of his travel and reaching a place and meeting a people there shouldn’t be taken as literal, should they? If so what then do they represent?

The Muddy Spring
Like I said earlier a spring is not ocean, sea or even a LAKE. Now, is there a spring or pool of water ANYWHERE in the world that is so wide and stretches to the horizon such that when the sun sets it would appear to set into it? The answer again is NO!
I have seen Moslem apologists use the picture of a sea side or ocean to explain this portion of the quran when the quran itself CLEARLY said spring or pool; showing the ridiculous extent they are ready to go to make their ‘explanations’ agree with their preconceived notion.

Hadith Authentication
The hadith I quoted from is considered top classification. In it Mohamed says the sun “sets in a spring of warm water”. Discrediting it in order to justify your position is dishonesty. The earliest Islamic scholars did not think that way. Perhaps the 21st century Moslem understand the quran better that the early scholars.

How the early Islamic Scholars interpreted this quran
How did Tabari interpret this portion of the quran? In the HISTORY of Tabari, in quoting Abdula Ibn Abbas he said THE SUN LITERALY SETS IN A POOL OF MUDDY SPRING.

Altafsir.com
This site has the Tafsirs.
1. Tafsir Mujahid (104H) the ealiest
Up to the 10th Tafsir (303H)
Up to the 18th Tafsir (427H)
All of them saw that narrative as being literal.
A story written 700 years before Mohamed actually had this “sun setting in a muddy pool” story.
It was not until the 21st Tafsir by Al- Tusi (460H) 1067AD that the claim that it may not have been as the quran stated it began to come up. But others such as Ibn Al-Akhshad held on to the actual quranic statement.

Conclusion
The evidence regarding what EXACTLY the quran says is simply undeniable.
Not all of the quran is perfectly CLEAR and ERROR FREE as you have been made to believe.

You are not making any sense I swear, you are only going back n forth and at the same time confusing yourself...if you re having difficulty to comprehend then why not ask someone to help you out ?? I have nothing more to add on this addressed issue..
Re: If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 21, 2017
Muslims believe scriptures as written in it's pure form is not what is obtainable today. In order words they believe Christians have modified what should be accepted as the 'Bible'.
Re: If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself by whitestar01(m): 2:20pm On Aug 21, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
If the Qur'an affirms the Gospels, then It contradicts itself

The Qur'an says the gospels are not corrupted yet the Gospels contradict the Qur'an. Therefore, the Qur'an is not true.

https://carm.org/if-the-quran-is-true-then-islam-is-false
pls check my sign
Re: If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself by plainbibletruth: 9:53pm On Aug 21, 2017
aminusanti:

You are not making any sense I swear, you are only going back n forth and at the same time confusing yourself...if you re having difficulty to comprehend then why not ask someone to help you out ?? I have nothing more to add on this addressed issue..

Your reaction is understandable.

So you've now turned to swearing. Are you swearing in the name of Allah or Mohamed?

You seem to have forgotten or lost comprehension of even your previous posts that you are now claiming to be confused and having difficulty understanding this simple fact.

I know that Islam makes it difficult for some clear logical thinking. In most cases, if not in all, Islam only calls for you to accept what has been stated in the quran without question. You therefore find it had to accept the truth even when it is starring you in the face.
Re: If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself by aminusanti(m): 11:33pm On Aug 21, 2017
plainbibletruth:

Your reaction is understandable.

So you've now turned to swearing. Are you swearing in the name of Allah or Mohamed?
yahweh

You seem to have forgotten or lost comprehension of even your previous posts that you are now claiming to be confused and having difficulty understanding this simple fact.

I know that Islam makes it difficult for some clear logical thinking. In most cases, if not in all, Islam only calls for you to accept what has been stated in the quran without question. You therefore find it had to accept the truth even when it is starring you in the face.
ok

1 Like

Re: If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:27pm On Aug 24, 2017
whitestar01:

pls check my sign

Have you? undecided
Re: If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:34pm On Sep 05, 2017
Ken4Christ:

Very true. The Muslims have no excuse to give concerning their salvation. No sensible Muslim will remain a Muslim after reading the Koran.

It is unfortunate that many don't read it with understanding, they just recite it. embarassed
Re: If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself by Habyz(m): 2:20am On Sep 06, 2017
There has been a revelation of the earliest known Bible, I think the holy Quran meant that gospel.
Re: If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself by Habyz(m): 2:21am On Sep 06, 2017
701ecilana:

Islam is the religion of satan.
Really? I thought it was the religion of the 'moon god'
Re: If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself by 701ecilana: 11:28am On Sep 06, 2017
Habyz:

Who i'm i having a discussion with biko? Are you this slow in real life or it's just in Nairaland. Those who worship the Moon god who are the worshiping? Isn't it satan?
Hey, get off my mention, you are too slow.
Re: If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself by Habyz(m): 11:47am On Sep 06, 2017
701ecilana:

Who i am having a discussion with biko? Are this slow in real life ot it's just in Nairaland. Those who worship the Moon who are the worship? Not satan?
Hey, get off my mention, you are too slow.
So now Satan is the moon god?
Re: If The Qur'an Affirms The Gospels, Then It Contradicts Itself by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:48am On Sep 06, 2017
Habyz:

Sure, and who worships the moon god? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Open Your Third Eyes With Elidaziel. A Professional Opening Service / Will A Sinner Who Pays Tithe Make Heaven? / Sharing Christian Conversion Lessons: "True life stories"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.