Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,197 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Horror In Ebonyi, As Man Butchers Family Of 6 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Horror In Ebonyi, As Man Butchers Family Of 6 (524 Views)

Man Butchers His Twin Brother In Imo During Fight Over A Girlfriend (Graphic Pix / Man Butchers Lover, Sells Parts To Herbalists, Clerics For N1000 Each (picture) / Man Butchers His Mother In Bayelsa, Runs Into The Bush (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Horror In Ebonyi, As Man Butchers Family Of 6 by sonsomegrigbo: 11:38am On Aug 04, 2017
From Obinna Odogwu, Abakaliki

Tragedy struck yesterday in Abakaliki, Ebonyi State as a 32-year-old man, allegedly attacked six members of his family with a cutlass.

Eye witnesses accounts said Henry Igwe, swooped on the family members at No 10, Barrister Egbu Crescent, Aguogboriga and inflicted varying degrees of injuries on them in the early hours of the day.
Two of the victims included the Personal Assistant to the Chief Judge of Ebonyi State, Mr. Tobias Igwe and his wife.

A close member of the family, Nwabuchi Onuagaba, said given the peaceful atmosphere in the family, they had no premonition of the impending tragedy.
Daily Sun gathered that given the severity of the machete cuts, Tobias, was rushed to an undisclosed hospital in Enugu, while his wife and four others were receiving treatment at the Plastic and Surgical Unit of the Federal Teaching Hospital Abakaliki as at the time of filing this report.

One of the victims, Miss Ijeoma Igwe explained that their brother, Henry attacked them early in the morning while they were still on their beds.
She pointed out that it was an unprovoked attack as he was not known to be mentally ill as at the time of the incident.

“We were woken up by a heavy sound suggesting a fight between two or more people.
“I ran upstairs to find out what was wrong, only to behold my brother and his wife lying in the pool of their blood,” she said.

Another victim, Miss Florence Igwe said Henry first launched the attack on Igwe and his wife and further attacked them when they intervened to stop him.
“I was awakened from sleep by the commotion that early morning. I was running up and down, asking them what was happening. Immediately, one of my brothers, dashed out from the house with blood all over him.

“His attacker descended on me too, when I wanted to intervene. He cut me in the head. He has been rushed to a hospital in Enugu with one other person,” she said.

The Public Relations Officer of the state Judiciary, Eugene Okafor, confirmed the attack, noting that he was responding to treatment.
However, when contacted on telephone, the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Mr Jude Madu, could not react to the incident, saying he was indisposed.

Source:

http://sunnewsonline.com/horror-in-ebonyi-as-man-butchers-family-of-6/
Re: Horror In Ebonyi, As Man Butchers Family Of 6 by Jostico: 11:39am On Aug 04, 2017
embarassed
Re: Horror In Ebonyi, As Man Butchers Family Of 6 by nextprince: 11:47am On Aug 04, 2017
Abakaliki, Ebonyi - SE

Henry Igwe, the butcher

A close member of the family, Nwabuchi Onuagaba,

One of the victims, Miss Ijeoma Igwe

Another victim, Miss Florence Igwe.

This one na family matter, e no concern me.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Headmaster Sent To Prison For Allegedly Having Sex With Four- Year-old Boy / Police Shoot Crowd Scrambling For Money Scattered By Robbers In Uyo / The Boy That Was Killed By The Police To Be Buried 2nd Sept (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.