Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,629 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

1 Year At Chocolate City Group, What I Have Learnt - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 1 Year At Chocolate City Group, What I Have Learnt (556 Views)

Job Vacancy At Chocolate City - MI Abaga / What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job / How I Bagged The Intern Of The Year At Sesewa Nigeria Doing These 4 Things. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

1 Year At Chocolate City Group, What I Have Learnt by icparklins(m): 11:40am On Aug 04, 2017
A year ago, I became a designer at Chocolate City Group, a media and entertainment giant in Africa. After completing my internship with Genni Games, I decided to spend the next few months learning and trying out another industry.

During my period of learning, I spent time more time doing design competitions especially on stutern.com. Before I continue, I’d love to give a big shout out to kehinde Ayanleye, Taiwo Ayanleye and the entire team at Stutern.com. For the records, I have receive all my internship opportunities from their platform including Chocolate City. The team at Stutern guided me with interview tips, negotiation skill, notification emails and patient phone calls that helped me maintain my cool before and during interviews.

Getting into the Chocolate City, my first lessons was about the importance of responsibility and taking charge of your part in the team. I signed up for an internship position but was quickly given responsibilities that has shaped me to become better with people, team and relationships. I was appointed Culture Code Chairman on my first Monday meeting with the team and a week after, was offered a full time position to fully engaged with the team and projects. This is so for my shortest internship ever as it lasted just 1 week �

I have tried to document my experience all the way through the journey. Here is what I have learnt so far:

Audu Maikori I saw Audu first at the cover of a First Bank Magazine in 2015 and since then looked up to him for inspiration. I met him in person at my first meeting with the team. Audu has taught me what true leadership means. He has taught that as a leader, “If you can not admit that you can fail, then you have really failed” that “The greatest confident is to know and acknowledge when you are wrong” He taught us all how to detect anchoring traps during a conversation especially business related, how to make decisions and avoid sunk cost.

Chocolate City Group Team at Chivas “The Venture”
Paul Okeugo I have a great deal of respect for Paul. Paul is an excellent strategist, smart, proactive, intelligent and he never forget the words he speak. He has taught me the importance of coming to an agreement with your team and honoring it through. I was engaged in high profile brainstorming sessions so I can learn how to think through a game plan. His believe in me has allowed me to grow massively in my craft. My favorite of his quote is the one that talks about attention to detail “To build and stay in a successful business, you need to pay attention to details” – Paul Okeugo

Aibee Abidoye is a sweet team lead and general manager. She is a very intelligent and strong African woman. She has taught me the importance of communication especially with my team members.

With M.I Jude Abaga I learnt that as a team and a person, you need to find a niche and be extraordinary at it. I also learn that it is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows. My favorite Jude quote is “One of the reason you can’t beat Coca Cola as a cola drink is because you can’t beat Coca Cola as a bottling company”.

Edward is our sweet guy at choc city. He has taught... Kindly click the link to the article to continue reading the story: http://icparklins.me/2017/08/1-year-at-chocolate-city-group-what-i-have-learnt/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Anyone That Want To Sell Sewing Machine Should Pls Contact Me Urgently / Epp Me / freelance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.