Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,144 members, 7,867,324 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:55 PM

Attention Please - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Attention Please (241 Views)

Atheists With Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) . They Are Here On Nairaland / "Attention Well" In Badagry Causes Instant Loss Of Memory If One Drinks From It / Attention!!! Strictly For Christians!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Attention Please by toyinaremu(f): 11:44am On Aug 04, 2017
Sister Bridget and Bro. Steven, a Christian couple were gospel music ministers. Their pastor usually recommend them to other ministers for invitation to minister in their churches and all was well until they allowed fame and money to entice them and they derailed gradually.

They accept invitations based on who would have the highest honorarium; this was brought to the notice of their pastor as God had also shown him, he called them on several occasions to warn and advise them but they turn deaf ears to him.

He was then pushed to suspend them from being the praise leaders in the church and also stopped recommending them. He told them to return to God for forgiveness even when they acted stubborn, he did not give up on them until God arrested their hearts and they reached a stage of brokenness and repentance. He helped them found their footings back to God and things returned to normal with them.

Now that was the summary of a movie I saw last night and while washing plates, it occurred to me that despite their stubbornness, the pastor never gave up on them. I was thrilled by their pastor's doggedness.

This article is not to judge anyone nor encourage ungodly attitudes please.

To whom it may concern; not all your followers or members will be right, not all of them will be heavenly focused, some may derail or get carried away by the things of this world, it is not in place to condemn and push them away but to correct and love them.

Not all the twelve disciples were true followers, we had Judas who betrayed His master, if we can have such during Jesus' time, then it shouldn't be new to have such now. I believe if Judas had the chance to apologize to Jesus, he will be forgiven because He said He did not come for the righteous but to call sinners to repentance.

Why then do you choose to judge and condemn who the Lord has not condemned? There are lot of things that can be done or achieved through love than baseless religious judgment. Permit me to say this: God never gave up on you that is why you became who you are in Christ. Why not do same to others?

I know quite a number of men and women of God that never gave up on me even when it was obvious I'd derailed, but today they are proud of what I am by His grace, why because they believed in me, they saw and still sees me as a treasure and not a trash.

This is not only to men and women of God but to us all as Christians, (we are the church) it saddens my heart to see the way and manner we judge and condemn people today, no wonder we lose souls to the devil because they (the world) showed them love in a wrong manner and captured them, Oh Lord my God!

This is a call to us all, let us arise and let brotherly love continue. Shun condemnation and hasty judgments based on religion and let us win more souls for God but remember I am not saying we should not shun ungodly act but we should change our manner of approach.

Punish but don't push away, correct but do not condemn, and rebuke but do not release; rather love, to bring back the lost.

Good Morning

(1) (Reply)

How The Gods Came To Existence...... / A New World / "God, Even Our Own God."

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.