Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,620 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Are We Really Practicing Democracy? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are We Really Practicing Democracy? (4609 Views)

Nigeria Vs Iran: Are We Really Going To War? / Is Nigeria Practicing Investigative Journalism? / Is Nigeria Practicing True And Real Democracy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are We Really Practicing Democracy? by abc4lyf: 1:24pm On Feb 11, 2010
4 me Nigeria is not a democratic nation because the views of the masses are not used and wit poor use of constitution.wat is the cause of this ugly situation?
Re: Are We Really Practicing Democracy? by SamMilla1(m): 2:15pm On Feb 11, 2010
no. we are practicing wealthycracy.
its a new style of governance our leaders are pushing hard to include in the dictionary.
Re: Are We Really Practicing Democracy? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Feb 11, 2010
Sam Milla:

no. we are practicing wealthycracy.
its a new style of governance our leaders are pushing hard to include in the dictionary.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Are We Really Practicing Democracy? by oluking: 2:26pm On Feb 11, 2010
I would say we are practicing democracy.we are at an evolving point. we are  customising the concept of democracy to suit a unique diversity.its nots going to be a short process,but we will get there.
Re: Are We Really Practicing Democracy? by Wrex(m): 2:32pm On Feb 11, 2010
nah,we are not practising democracy.i'm still trying to invent a word for it 'cos it is not in the dictionary,but it sure ain't democracy cheesy grin
Re: Are We Really Practicing Democracy? by vigasimple(m): 2:35pm On Feb 11, 2010
We are practising  STUPIDIOCRACY grin grin grin

Those that are leading us know the right thing but they simply refused to do it for the own selfish reasons as their position is due mainly to godfathers/rigging and not vote of the electorate.

The answer to the problem

VOTE OUT PDP IN THE 2011 ELECTION AND VOTE ANY PARTY OF YOUR CHOICE, THE POLITICIANS WILL TAKE US SERIOUS AS THE OWNER OF THE POWER THEY EXCERCISE ON OUR BEHALF. IF YOU DON'T DO THIS, PLEASE STOP COMPLAINING BECAUSE THEY WILL RIDE YOU LIKE A DONKEY.
Re: Are We Really Practicing Democracy? by sholasys: 2:58pm On Feb 11, 2010
Theoriticaly we know what is democracy but we dont practicalise it. No enabling structure for its operation in Nigeria. The system favour what i will call militriocracy.
Re: Are We Really Practicing Democracy? by paragonpro: 3:08pm On Feb 11, 2010
oluking:

I would say we are practicing democracy.we are at an evolving point. we are  customising the concept of democracy to suit a unique diversity.its nots going to be a short process,but we will get there.

DEMOCRACY? Hell no. The elements of a democracy are;

1 A constitution agreed to by the people
2 Free and fair Elections at all levels, not imposition,selection or consensus candidate.
3 Obedience to the courts by all concerned and not according to status in the political space

I would call or present arrangement ELITETOCRACY. Government by the elite, by the elites for the benefit of the elites.
Re: Are We Really Practicing Democracy? by chosen04(f): 3:19pm On Feb 11, 2010
We are practising HOME GROWN DEMOCRACY.

Home grown democracy enables us to interpret the constitution in the 'home made manner' thus, leaving us temporarily happy but permanently sad as a nation.
Re: Are We Really Practicing Democracy? by microgiant: 3:23pm On Feb 11, 2010
No, we are practising naijapointocrazy
Re: Are We Really Practicing Democracy? by Ultrame(m): 3:34pm On Feb 11, 2010
Hell to the NO!. what we do here has neither name nor definition.
Re: Are We Really Practicing Democracy? by dejonimist(m): 3:55pm On Feb 11, 2010
Ultrame:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I just cracked my ribs. Very funny but seriously, very sad cry

Nothing that works perfectly well in other places around the world seems to ever find a perfect place in Nigeria, it just has to be panel beaten to fit into our values and at the end of the day it becomes unrecognisable[quote][/quote]
Re: Are We Really Practicing Democracy? by bawomolo(m): 4:41pm On Feb 11, 2010
Ultrame:

lol
Re: Are We Really Practicing Democracy? by chidichris(m): 4:44pm On Feb 11, 2010
our type of govt has no demo in it but is cracy.
if you look back to the days of abacha, it was abachacracy while babangida practiced babangidacracy. but if your talking abt 1999 till date, we have been practicing obasanjocracy. it has been obasanjo all the way.
he jails and release with ease.
he has excess powers that he can sleep with any woman including his son's wife.
Re: Are We Really Practicing Democracy? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 11, 2010
proxycracy

rule of the godfathers
Re: Are We Really Practicing Democracy? by idifu(m): 5:37pm On Feb 11, 2010
no
Re: Are We Really Practicing Democracy? by Afam4eva(m): 5:47pm On Feb 11, 2010
We're practicing Nigerian democracy.
Re: Are We Really Practicing Democracy? by udennaa: 6:11pm On Feb 11, 2010
we are practicing democraZy tongue
Re: Are We Really Practicing Democracy? by DOW(m): 7:00pm On Feb 11, 2010
Demonstration of crazy
Re: Are We Really Practicing Democracy? by coolier(f): 7:09pm On Feb 11, 2010
No.
Re: Are We Really Practicing Democracy? by hilli666(m): 9:48pm On Feb 11, 2010
Well, how do I put this? It is not realy a democracy, but a slight variation. It is more like an autocracy at the core, with a smidging of despotism mixed in equal parts with one cup dictatoship, let to marinade in in military rule, then gently glazed over with democracy. Please serve this dish cold.
Re: Are We Really Practicing Democracy? by chelseabmw(m): 11:15pm On Feb 11, 2010
There is no democracy in nigeria
Re: Are We Really Practicing Democracy? by Nobody: 12:22am On Feb 12, 2010
Demo what? Pls lets not deceive ourselves. What we are practising presently is sandwitched between eliteocracy and crazydemo which does not have a name yet and its breeding confusions that has overturn the psyche of most nigerians to a level of total indolence ! Hopefully soon we'll realise that power belongs to the people, act accordingly and likewise evolve to a democratic state but now we have more of the crazy excluding the demo!
Re: Are We Really Practicing Democracy? by vigasimple(m): 12:32am On Feb 12, 2010
udennaa:

we are practicing democraZy tongue

Fela Anikulapo Kuti - them say he dey talk nonsense, he is smoking weed, ganja but he said it well over 20 years ago, he even sang different songs about our political leaders.

ITT - International thief thief

DEMOCRACY- Demonstration of craziness

AUTHORITY STEALING - chop, clean mouth as if nothing happen

That is one man who knows our situation long ago, and did the politicians listen, NO, they said he is just yarning his mouth, but everything he said is the truth.
Re: Are We Really Practicing Democracy? by MIKKY2: 12:49am On Feb 12, 2010
YEP WE ARE PRACTISING DEMOCRACY AND NIGERIANS HAVE CHOSEN, ARE CHOOSIN AND HOPEFULLY STOP CHOOSIN TO not vote, not defend their vote and so shud stop complainin,get of d fence and do something instead of speakin grammar on Naira land tv radio paper barbing salon shayo joint et al
Re: Are We Really Practicing Democracy? by mamagee3(f): 1:35am On Feb 12, 2010
Nigerian Government shouldn't be mentioned on the same line with Democracy
Stepping out of office and putting in someone you want in office is not democracy. . .
Re: Are We Really Practicing Democracy? by largie(f): 5:55am On Feb 12, 2010
Our present crop of politician emphasized on our 'homegrown democracy'. I think what they are doing now i what they implied
Re: Are We Really Practicing Democracy? by henry101(m): 6:43am On Feb 12, 2010
chosen04:

We are practising HOME GROWN DEMOCRACY.

Home grown democracy enables us to interpret the constitution in the 'home made manner' thus, leaving us temporarily happy but permanently sad as a nation.
Yeah.
It's eida bokocrazy or haramcrazy - democrazy accordin 2 BOKO HARAM
bt now wit goodluck, it's mendocrazy.
democrazy accordin 2 MEND.
It might change 2 bokoharamendocracy which also can b called chaostocracy.
Re: Are We Really Practicing Democracy? by Veritas09: 10:04am On Feb 12, 2010
Enough playing on the word "democracy".

The better question is, Is Nigeria a country?
Re: Are We Really Practicing Democracy? by hilli666(m): 8:50pm On Feb 12, 2010
Nigeria is a failed state, under the guise of a country. We should default back to our ancestral form of government, mornarchy. Back to the days of empires. Like the yourba kindom, calabar or efik kingdom, the benin empire, the kanem bornu empire. Now we are talking, at least then we knew who we were we had identities. Now we are the lauging stalk of the entire globe.
Re: Are We Really Practicing Democracy? by asha80(m): 8:53pm On Feb 12, 2010
hilli666:

Nigeria is a failed state, under the guise of a country. We should default back to our ancestral form of government, mornarchy. Back to the days of empires. Like the yourba kindom, calabar or efik kingdom, the benin empire, the kanem bornu empire. Now we are talking, at least then we knew who we were we had identities. Now we are the lauging stalk of the entire globe.

so you are now having a change of mind after blowing hot in the past?
Re: Are We Really Practicing Democracy? by ssumpta(f): 1:07am On Feb 13, 2010
Adulterated Democracy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

MC Exposes President Jonathan In The Presence Of His Wife / Oh My God! Agbaje Is Leading!!! Upon All My Boasting / PHOTOS: Image Of 'prophet' That Appeared On A Toilet Wall In Mali This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.