Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,282 members, 7,867,753 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:36 PM

"I've Given Myself 2 To 5 Yrs To Win An Oscar, Kemi Adetiba Tells CNN - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "I've Given Myself 2 To 5 Yrs To Win An Oscar, Kemi Adetiba Tells CNN (360 Views)

Peter Obi Apologises To Kemi Adetiba After Been Harassed At Lagos Airport / Kemi Adetiba Entices Anthony Joshua After Amir Khan Saga / EFCC Warns Kemi Adetiba With Her Work "The Wedding Party" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"I've Given Myself 2 To 5 Yrs To Win An Oscar, Kemi Adetiba Tells CNN by Dyoungstar: 3:47pm On Aug 04, 2017
Filmmaker Kemi Adetiba says winning an Oscar award is part of her future plans. The talented video director, who directed the highly successful movie The Wedding Party, had an interview with CNN African Voices where she revealed quite a lot about her career, her ambitions, and future plans.

In the episode of CNN's African Voices which will air today, Kemi revealed that one of her goals for the future is to win an Oscar. She went on to give a time frame within which the ambitious goal will be achieved.

She said: "I honestly do believe that winning an Oscar is going to come very soon; I’ve given myself two to five years."

Kemi Adetiba has been in the industry for over 15 years, starting out as a Radio personality to a TV personality, to DJing, before working behind the camera as a director of music vidoes, short films, commercial campaigns, documentaries, and now movies. Explaining why she decided to go behind the camera, she said:

"I was questioning my longevity in front of the camera. I'd also find it intriguing when I would go off for shoots with the cameramen. I said 'Instead of just wasting a couple of years, how about I learn a new craft while I’m doing that? What is the thing that I want to learn now? What is the thing that will take my career to the next level? - being a director.'"

Speaking of her work ethics and how far it has brought her, she said: "The greatest thing you can do for yourself is every time you have the opportunity to handle someone’s project, knock it out the park, and that is what I live by every day."

http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2017/8/ive-given-myself-2-to-5-yrs-to-win-an-oscar-kemi-adetiba-tells-cnn.html

CC: Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Kidnapped Gulder Ultimate Search Winner, Otto Canon Finally Released / Buy Twitter Favorites For Increasing Your Exposure / Register For Your Tin.tax Identification Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.