Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,901 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

900years Old Mummy Of A Polar Princess Found With Eyelashes Still Intact(Photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 900years Old Mummy Of A Polar Princess Found With Eyelashes Still Intact(Photos) (10673 Views)

Queen’s College Student Who Fixed Fake Eyelashes To School To Face Panel / Queen's College Student Fixed Eyelashes "For School Play" / Egyptian Archaeologist Discovered 3500 Years Old Mummy As They Explore Tombs(PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

900years Old Mummy Of A Polar Princess Found With Eyelashes Still Intact(Photos) by Explorers(m): 1:25pm On Aug 05, 2017
The miraculous mummy of a 'polar princess' has been found close to the Arctic Circle, her long eyelashes and hair still intact after 900 years.

Her haunting face and features are clearly seen after she was unwrapped by scientists from the cocoon of copper and fur in which she was buried in permafrost soil in the 12th century.

Aged around 35, she was the only woman buried around almost three dozen men, and the detail onher accidentally mummified remains is astonishing.

http://siberiantimes.com/science/casestudy/news/meet-the-mummified-polar-beauty-her-long-eyelashes-and-hair-still-intact-after-900-years/?comm_order=best

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mummified-remains-polar-princess-reveal-10929395

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4761052/Beautiful-900-year-old-polar-princess-unravelled.html

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 900years Old Mummy Of A Polar Princess Found With Eyelashes Still Intact(Photos) by fk001(m): 1:27pm On Aug 05, 2017
I only see hair but no eyes
Re: 900years Old Mummy Of A Polar Princess Found With Eyelashes Still Intact(Photos) by Josephjnr(m): 1:27pm On Aug 05, 2017
All dis tin self. Dis one is for what now?

6 Likes

Re: 900years Old Mummy Of A Polar Princess Found With Eyelashes Still Intact(Photos) by medolab90(m): 1:29pm On Aug 05, 2017
Front seat
Re: 900years Old Mummy Of A Polar Princess Found With Eyelashes Still Intact(Photos) by Explorers(m): 1:30pm On Aug 05, 2017
WHO IS THE POLAR BEAUTY?

Aged around 35, she was the only woman buried around almost three dozen men, and the detail on her accidentally mummified remains is astonishing.

She was a member of a mysterious medieval hunting and fishing civilisation that held sway in this polar region, but had connections to Persia.

Archaeologists are puzzled why she is the only adult female found in the necropolis, and had earlier thought this was an all male burial ground.

It could mean she was an elite member of her society.

A small baby found in a grave nearby also probably female is not believed to be related to this middle ages mummy.

Her impressive eyelashes and teeth are immaculately preserved as is her full head of hair.

The green tinge on her face is from the fragments of a copper kettle apparently intended to protect her as she journeyed to the afterlife.

The pieces of copper kettle had the unintended consequence of mummifying her, archaeologists believe.

The mummy was dug up by archaeologists in the Zeleny Yar burial site near Salekhard, Russia, reported The Siberian Times.

She was a member of a mysterious medieval hunting and fishing civilisation that held sway in this polar region, but had connections to Persia.

Archaeologists are puzzled why she is the only adult female found in the necropolis, and had earlier thought this was an all male burial ground.

It could mean she was an elite member of her society which lived in this cold region, although apart from several temple rings close to her skull, there was no evidence of jewellery in her tomb.

While her head is well preserved, the rest of her body was not.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 900years Old Mummy Of A Polar Princess Found With Eyelashes Still Intact(Photos) by RoyalBlak007: 1:30pm On Aug 05, 2017
♤Artic?

♤now I believe cheesy
Re: 900years Old Mummy Of A Polar Princess Found With Eyelashes Still Intact(Photos) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 05, 2017
I doff my Mexican hat for this archeologist...!

If it were to be somewhere in Naija, they would have mined her skull like how "Hoffman's crew" did with gold Rush in porcupine Creek in Alaska....

cc: seun
cc: lalasticlacla
cc:mynd44
cc: ishilove

Re: 900years Old Mummy Of A Polar Princess Found With Eyelashes Still Intact(Photos) by Daeylar(f): 1:33pm On Aug 05, 2017
Explorers again

1 Like

Re: 900years Old Mummy Of A Polar Princess Found With Eyelashes Still Intact(Photos) by Explorers(m): 1:37pm On Aug 05, 2017
Pictured the cocoon with the mummy inside is taken from the burial site to be unravelled.

Re: 900years Old Mummy Of A Polar Princess Found With Eyelashes Still Intact(Photos) by mauricerex: 2:14pm On Aug 05, 2017
Explorer toh bad
Re: 900years Old Mummy Of A Polar Princess Found With Eyelashes Still Intact(Photos) by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 05, 2017
Tom Cruise should come and see the real mummy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 900years Old Mummy Of A Polar Princess Found With Eyelashes Still Intact(Photos) by lenghtinny(m): 2:40pm On Aug 05, 2017
Odikwa serious angry
Re: 900years Old Mummy Of A Polar Princess Found With Eyelashes Still Intact(Photos) by Olanrefront3355(m): 2:41pm On Aug 05, 2017
The explorer

8 Likes

Re: 900years Old Mummy Of A Polar Princess Found With Eyelashes Still Intact(Photos) by remi1444: 2:55pm On Aug 05, 2017
following.

1 Like

Re: 900years Old Mummy Of A Polar Princess Found With Eyelashes Still Intact(Photos) by siegfried99(m): 3:03pm On Aug 05, 2017
Explorers on the Beat! cool
Re: 900years Old Mummy Of A Polar Princess Found With Eyelashes Still Intact(Photos) by Rich4god(m): 3:30pm On Aug 05, 2017
Seriously.... These guys see the world from a very different point of view than wat we see it...

All they want is explore and create... All we want is consume and destroy.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 900years Old Mummy Of A Polar Princess Found With Eyelashes Still Intact(Photos) by Rapsowdee01(m): 3:30pm On Aug 05, 2017
I'm not surprised.....

It's the WHITES
Re: 900years Old Mummy Of A Polar Princess Found With Eyelashes Still Intact(Photos) by Explorers(m): 3:58pm On Aug 05, 2017
'In the world there are two types of mummies, artificial and natural', said Professor Dong-Hoon Shin, from Seoul National University.

'Excellent examples of mummies of artificial origin are Egyptian.'

The natural mummification of bodies of the buried is usually observed when certain conditions of the environment, permafrost, the presence of copper objects in the burial and climate', he said.

These mummies are found in deserts and in the north.

The mummy had temple rings (pictured in the scan).

One earlier find from the site was a 'red haired man' buried with a bronze buckle depicting a brown bear.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 900years Old Mummy Of A Polar Princess Found With Eyelashes Still Intact(Photos) by onward4life(m): 4:02pm On Aug 05, 2017
Xplorer d Great

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 900years Old Mummy Of A Polar Princess Found With Eyelashes Still Intact(Photos) by THUNDAR(m): 4:08pm On Aug 05, 2017
One musician go remove her teeth now take de form star
Re: 900years Old Mummy Of A Polar Princess Found With Eyelashes Still Intact(Photos) by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 05, 2017
thump up for Explorer and Archaeologists, but how do this people (Archaeologists) find mummified body before digging it up, i don't want to believe they are just randomly digging graves and found a mummified body.
Re: 900years Old Mummy Of A Polar Princess Found With Eyelashes Still Intact(Photos) by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 05, 2017
Josephjnr:
All dis tin self. Dis one is for what now?

Don't you think it's interesting finding out about our fore fore forefathers.

I just hope they don't find me in the future

I wanna Rip grin

6 Likes

Re: 900years Old Mummy Of A Polar Princess Found With Eyelashes Still Intact(Photos) by Josephjnr(m): 7:29pm On Aug 05, 2017
lovelygurl:

Don't you think it's interesting finding out about our fore fore forefathers.

I just hope they don't find me in the future

I wanna Rip grin

In a sentence, what did you accurately discover about the exhumed body?
Re: 900years Old Mummy Of A Polar Princess Found With Eyelashes Still Intact(Photos) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 05, 2017
Josephjnr:

In a sentence, what did you accurately discover about the exhumed body?

How do you want me to write all that in a sentence?

It gives you an idea if how they lived. Their height, how they managed to survive, how many years they lived, how they looked, compared to now. Scars could indicate where they came from etc...Their beliefs, depending on what they wear for their "afterlife".

Bone structure etc could tell if Africans, Europeans, Asians "descended" from them

Oh boy and so many more grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 900years Old Mummy Of A Polar Princess Found With Eyelashes Still Intact(Photos) by Josephjnr(m): 7:42pm On Aug 05, 2017
lovelygurl:

How do you want me to write all that in a sentence?

It gives you an idea if how they lived. Their height, how they managed to survive, how many years they lived, how they looked, compared to now. Scars could indicate where they came from etc...Their beliefs, depending on what they wear for their "afterlife".

Bone structure etc could tell if Africans, Europeans, Asians "descended" from them

Oh boy and so many more grin

I was expecting something like "from the assessment, she was 35years old when she died following history of malaria fever. She was a native of north America.........blah blah" and not could be dat or could be dis. As for me,I see it as unnecessary waste of time and insulting our dead ones.
Re: 900years Old Mummy Of A Polar Princess Found With Eyelashes Still Intact(Photos) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 05, 2017
Josephjnr:

I was expecting something like "from the assessment, she was 35years old when she died following history of malaria fever. She was a native of north America.........blah blah" and not could be dat or could be dis. As for me,I see it as unnecessary waste of time and insulting our dead ones.

So you think when Lucy and co were found, they took about a week to study and know everything about them?

It's obvious there's more to this. We just don't know YET .

3 Likes

Re: 900years Old Mummy Of A Polar Princess Found With Eyelashes Still Intact(Photos) by Josephjnr(m): 7:48pm On Aug 05, 2017
lovelygurl:

So you think when Lucy and co were found, they took about a week to study and know everything about them?

It's obvious there's more to this. We just don't know YET .

May we dey look na. I hope it will affect our current world tremendously.
Re: 900years Old Mummy Of A Polar Princess Found With Eyelashes Still Intact(Photos) by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 05, 2017
Josephjnr:

May we dey look na. I hope it will affect our current world tremendously.

I guess this is why African history begins with slavery, because of people like you undecided

Maybe that's why your current Nigeria is the way it is, when you continue making the same mistakes, not even being able to learn from the past

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 900years Old Mummy Of A Polar Princess Found With Eyelashes Still Intact(Photos) by Josephjnr(m): 8:28pm On Aug 05, 2017
lovelygurl:

I guess this is why African history begins with slavery, because of people like you undecided

Maybe that's why your current Nigeria is the way it is, when you continue making the same mistakes, not even being able to learn from the past

African history didn't begin with slavery because of the fault of my ancestors but because of the wickedness in the heart of people like you. Presently, you are trying to force your idea upon me. For your information, the days of slavery have passed.
Re: 900years Old Mummy Of A Polar Princess Found With Eyelashes Still Intact(Photos) by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 05, 2017
It's explorer again.
The only person that makes my membership on nairaland worth it .
Wehdonesah

1 Like

Re: 900years Old Mummy Of A Polar Princess Found With Eyelashes Still Intact(Photos) by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 05, 2017
Josephjnr:

African history didn't begin with slavery because of the fault of my ancestors but because of the wickedness in the heart of people like you. Presently, you are trying to force your idea upon me. For your information, the days of slavery have passed.

Wait who is saying slavery hasn't passed? Your first sentence doesn't even make sense. Which wickedness and who is forcing an idea on you?
YOU were the 1 who quoted me. Then went ahead saying what I truly found interesting and fascinating was of no use.

You'd probably go on a thread, where scientists find out of sth new/ invented sth new due to their CURIOSITY, to criticise them.

Yet 99% of what you are using, even your smartphone, cars etc was invented by them. You are able to call because of satellites, yet you might be one of those who'll ask how finding things about the universe is useful.

Oh and drop the "victim card" of forcing my idea on you. It's pathetic

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 900years Old Mummy Of A Polar Princess Found With Eyelashes Still Intact(Photos) by Josephjnr(m): 9:09pm On Aug 05, 2017
lovelygurl:

Wait who is saying slavery hasn't passed? Your first sentence doesn't even make sense. Which wickedness and who is forcing an idea on you?
YOU were the 1 who quoted me first. Then went ahead saying what I truly found interesting and fascinating was of no use.

You'd probably go on a thread, where scientists find out of sth new/ invented sth new due to their CURIOSITY, to criticise them.

Yet 99% of what you are using even your smartphone, cars etc was invented by them. You are able to call because of satellites yet you might be one of those who'll ask how finding things about the universe is useful.

Oh and drop the "victim card" of forcing my idea on you. It's pathetic

Bleep off,your part of the world does everything and so what? I shouldn't make my view known? Attempt rubbish again and I will make you realize the errors of your write up. Eni da da

(1) (2) (Reply)

FUTO ASUU Sacks Chairman / Neco Gce Result / Policemen Threaten To Shoot & Arrest UNIABUJA Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.