Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Emergency Press Release On The Inciting Song Currently Circulating In The North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emergency Press Release On The Inciting Song Currently Circulating In The North (2169 Views)

INEC's Press Release On Bayelsa And Kogi Elections / Cupp Emergency Press Release:Buhari Plans To Run Away From Saturday Presidential / IPOB Press Release On Choice Of Atiku As President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emergency Press Release On The Inciting Song Currently Circulating In The North by bilms(m): 6:11pm On Aug 05, 2017
EMERGENCY PRESS RELEASE ON THE INCITING SONG CURRENTLY CIRCULATING IN NORTHERN NIGERIA

Foundation for Peace Professionals has in its possession, a hate and inciting song, obtained through the social media and currently circulating in Northern Nigeria. We urge the Federal Government to take immediate action to avert the Rwanda Genocide experience that may likely occur as a result of the destructive song.

The trending song, which was voiced by an unknown female artist in Hausa language, was carefully worded, with the intention of causing deliberate mass incitement of Nigerians from the North against those from the Igbo extraction. This is a serious matter that must be addressed with the speed of light, if the current peace shall be preserved.

In our candidate estimation, the song is a threat to national security and we can’t imagine the extent of genocide that may likely occur, should the Federal Government not mobilize all resources within its capacity to avert the catastrophic response that may break out in the next few weeks, if not days.

The song is dangerous, inciting and capable of drawing the country into another civil war and we must act fast to stop it.

We are using this opportunity to call on the Federal Government of Nigeria under the leadership of the acting President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo, all security agencies, all Northern Governors and traditional rulers, particularly in fragile states like Kano, Kaduna, Jos, Bauchi, Borno, Yobe and others to immediately take steps, not only to withdraw the song from circulation and embark on extensive media advocacy in Hausa to counter the deadly incitement, but to also mobilize strategic security responses to address any reaction that may break out as a result of the hate song. This is an emergency that must be taken with all seriousness.

All Northern leaders must with immediate effect, condemn and dissociate themselves from this barbaric song and urge the people never to attack any Nigerian of Igbo extraction living in the North.

While we strongly condemn those who produced the song and circulated it on the social media, we urge them to understand that the fire they are about to light may not spear them.

Finally, we must state that, inciting the masses into committing genocide against a people is not the best way to respond to whatever situation. We urge all Nigerians to cherish peace and continue to work towards building
better understanding.

Abdulrazaq O Hamzat
Executive Director
Foundation for Peace Professionals
www.fpp.com.ng
05/08/2017

1 Like

Re: Emergency Press Release On The Inciting Song Currently Circulating In The North by crazysam001: 6:16pm On Aug 05, 2017
Too much hate in Nigeria between these two brothers.
Re: Emergency Press Release On The Inciting Song Currently Circulating In The North by SailorUgo(m): 6:20pm On Aug 05, 2017
Oh... What education could have done for the north!!!
Lord in my next life, may I not be in the same country with people who;
Lack basic education
Practice any form of islam
Don't value lives
Are Nigerians
This country sucks but Violence is never a solution!!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emergency Press Release On The Inciting Song Currently Circulating In The North by 9jii(m): 6:20pm On Aug 05, 2017
Kathmandu:
Northerners are still living in stone age. I'd rather keep a cat as a pet than a Northerner as my gate man
Even from your physical features it's obvious evaluation is not done with you easterners .but but your hate for us will get done with you.jus our existence on this earth is a torment for you and we are enjoying it wallahi.

It must be a response to chinwetalawu comment in igbo.

In the northern part people can't get what I pod tauts are screaming on nairaland.but when some of their nonsense slips out and reached there,Ipod will receive a full respond with jara.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emergency Press Release On The Inciting Song Currently Circulating In The North by konoplyanka: 6:22pm On Aug 05, 2017
what is the song's lyrics?
Re: Emergency Press Release On The Inciting Song Currently Circulating In The North by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 05, 2017
Northerners are still living in stone age. I'd rather keep a cat as a pet than a Northerner as my gate man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emergency Press Release On The Inciting Song Currently Circulating In The North by psucc(m): 6:25pm On Aug 05, 2017
The problem with Nigeria is hypocrisy flavoured with greed.

It is obvious to all discerning minds that the north is not conducive for southerners but for the greed of the few southerners, they will pretend that 'nothing dey happen'.

If we will bury greed and say the truth, our govt can help quench the fire. But themselves are worst enemy the country has.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emergency Press Release On The Inciting Song Currently Circulating In The North by Chubhie: 6:39pm On Aug 05, 2017
Where is the song?
Re: Emergency Press Release On The Inciting Song Currently Circulating In The North by freshest4live: 6:46pm On Aug 05, 2017
Media and bloggers have become our problem in this country.
Re: Emergency Press Release On The Inciting Song Currently Circulating In The North by Warship: 6:55pm On Aug 05, 2017
Arewa youths should get ready for ICC gauntlet.

Biafra around the corner.

4 Likes

Re: Emergency Press Release On The Inciting Song Currently Circulating In The North by reality1010: 6:55pm On Aug 05, 2017
bilms:
EMERGENCY PRESS RELEASE ON THE INCITING SONG CURRENTLY CIRCULATING IN NORTHERN NIGERIA

Foundation for Peace Professionals has in its possession, a hate and inciting song, obtained through the social media and currently circulating in Northern Nigeria. We urge the Federal Government to take immediate action to avert the Rwanda Genocide experience that may likely occur as a result of the destructive song.

The trending song, which was voiced by an unknown female artist in Hausa language, was carefully worded, with the intention of causing deliberate mass incitement of Nigerians from the North against those from the Igbo extraction. This is a serious matter that must be addressed with the speed of light, if the current peace shall be preserved.

In our candidate estimation, the song is a threat to national security and we can’t imagine the extent of genocide that may likely occur, should the Federal Government not mobilize all resources within its capacity to avert the catastrophic response that may break out in the next few weeks, if not days.

The song is dangerous, inciting and capable of drawing the country into another civil war and we must act fast to stop it.

We are using this opportunity to call on the Federal Government of Nigeria under the leadership of the acting President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo, all security agencies, all Northern Governors and traditional rulers, particularly in fragile states like Kano, Kaduna, Jos, Bauchi, Borno, Yobe and others to immediately take steps, not only to withdraw the song from circulation and embark on extensive media advocacy in Hausa to counter the deadly incitement, but to also mobilize strategic security responses to address any reaction that may break out as a result of the hate song. This is an emergency that must be taken with all seriousness.

All Northern leaders must with immediate effect, condemn and dissociate themselves from this barbaric song and urge the people never to attack any Nigerian of Igbo extraction living in the North.

While we strongly condemn those who produced the song and circulated it on the social media, we urge them to understand that the fire they are about to light may not spear them.

Finally, we must state that, inciting the masses into committing genocide against a people is not the best way to respond to whatever situation. We urge all Nigerians to cherish peace and continue to work towards building
better understanding.

Abdulrazaq O Hamzat
Executive Director
www.fpp.com.ng
05/08/2017
Because of incitement like this is why ppl r clamouring for Biafra. In d event of. Biafra the North won't misbehave and if they do it will be resolved in many ways.Let them continue.

3 Likes

Re: Emergency Press Release On The Inciting Song Currently Circulating In The North by GuyWise(m): 6:58pm On Aug 05, 2017
Taarh let them bring it on, let the thing start, my Ak47 beside me waiting for the inevitable.
Re: Emergency Press Release On The Inciting Song Currently Circulating In The North by amjoseph19: 7:00pm On Aug 05, 2017
9jii:

Even from your physical features it's obvious evaluation is not done with you easterners .but but your hate for us will get done with you.jus our existence on this earth is a torment for you and we are enjoying it wallahi.

It must be a response to chinwetalawu comment in igbo.

In the northern part people can't get what I pod tauts are screaming on nairaland.but when some of their nonsense slips out and reached there,Ipod will receive a full respond with jara.

You guys are surely pathetic.
Was there any response when Igbos in Northern Nigeria were killed just because someone cartooned that pedophile Mohammed with a bomb in far away Denmark?
Was there any response from us when Igbos in Northern Nigeria were killed just because someone in far away Afghanistan tore a koran?
Was there any response from us, we Christian when that midget el rufia said that Jesus slept with Mary Magdalene? Just imagine if Gej or nay of Christian governor had said that.
It just kanu that decide to fight you people back in your own method and you guys are already sweating in your pants. An average person from your region is a beggar. He is a potential terrorist. You guys harbours 2 of the worst terrorist organization in the world. You guys have the highest number of people who are yet to step foot in a classroom.
Many Igbos have faulted Kanu in some of his speeches. Since returning from prison, Kanu is yet to make any unnecessary/hate speech. He is now fully seeking for referendum. in your region, no one is yet to fully condemn what Arewa youths as a whole are saying. A governor once called for their arrest and we know how the police couldn't find them up till today while they go about in radio stations, tv re -echoing what the initially said.
you have anglo, a former VC of a university openly backing them up.
You guys are pathetic at best.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emergency Press Release On The Inciting Song Currently Circulating In The North by lenghtinny(m): 7:01pm On Aug 05, 2017
Gender equality in progress angry
What a man can do....
Re: Emergency Press Release On The Inciting Song Currently Circulating In The North by sunnyb0b0(m): 7:12pm On Aug 05, 2017
bilms:

better understanding.

Abdulrazaq O Hamzat
Executive Director
www.fpp.com.ng
05/08/2017

ICC loading for Yerima Shettimma and Co.

1 Like

Re: Emergency Press Release On The Inciting Song Currently Circulating In The North by Igboesika: 7:14pm On Aug 05, 2017
Lord Lugard was a basstardddd for lumping me with these things.

1 Like

Re: Emergency Press Release On The Inciting Song Currently Circulating In The North by 9jii(m): 7:34pm On Aug 05, 2017
amjoseph19:

You guys are surely pathetic.
Was there any response when Igbos in Northern Nigeria were killed just because someone cartooned that pedophile Mohammed with a bomb in far away Denmark?
Was there any response from us when Igbos in Northern Nigeria were killed just because someone in far away Afghanistan tore a koran?
Was there any response from us, we Christian when that midget el rufia said that Jesus slept with Mary Magdalene? Just imagine if Gej or nay of Christian governor had said that.
It just kanu that decide to fight you people back in your own method and you guys are already sweating in your pants. An average person from your region is a beggar. He is a potential terrorist. You guys harbours 2 of the worst terrorist organization in the world. You guys have the highest number of people who are yet to step foot in a classroom.
Many Igbos have faulted Kanu in some of his speeches. Since returning from prison, Kanu is yet to make any unnecessary/hate speech. He is now fully seeking for referendum. in your region, no one is yet to fully condemn what Arewa youths as a whole are saying. A governor once called for their arrest and we know how the police couldn't find them up till today while they go about in radio stations, tv re -echoing what the initially said.
you have anglo, a former VC of a university openly backing them up.
You guys are pathetic at best.
I can't read long English from pig

2 Likes

Re: Emergency Press Release On The Inciting Song Currently Circulating In The North by nedu666: 7:37pm On Aug 05, 2017
i dont understand our people. their behaviour remains a mystry to any right thinking human. can someone pls tell me what the hell are igbos doing in the north. how many times will u be a victim of riots b4 sense fall on you.
Re: Emergency Press Release On The Inciting Song Currently Circulating In The North by xelly: 7:51pm On Aug 05, 2017
9jii:

Online personality is define by the comment attributed to him. I have read your comments and agree that they are the total expression of who you are. If you ask me, I will say that you have killed before and can still kill. The problem with Nigeria is that leaders often turn away from responsibilities. I doubt if there's any link between a Northerner and Southerners. Your threat will never stop the quest for disintegration of Nigeria because it is not meant to be. Hate speech in the north didn't start today. I grew up in the North and I am 100% sure of it.

2 Likes

Re: Emergency Press Release On The Inciting Song Currently Circulating In The North by gberra: 7:52pm On Aug 05, 2017
Kathmandu:
You should keep a pig.A pig would be better, far better than an idiot, but if you can afford both, then keep a pig and an idiot.
You bet Nnamidiot Cowun would be proud of you.
#PigsAndIdiots.

1 Like

Re: Emergency Press Release On The Inciting Song Currently Circulating In The North by skywalker240(m): 7:53pm On Aug 05, 2017
They are only making it easier,
Re: Emergency Press Release On The Inciting Song Currently Circulating In The North by 9jii(m): 7:55pm On Aug 05, 2017
xelly:

Online personality is define by the comment attributed to him. I have read your comments and agree that they are the total expression of who you are. If you ask me, I will say that you have killed before and can still kill. The problem with Nigeria is that leaders often turn away from responsibilities. I doubt if there's any link between a Northerner and Southerners. Your threat will never stop the quest for disintegration of Nigeria because it is not meant to be. Hate speech in the north didn't start today. I grew up in the North and I am 100% sure of it.
cool
Re: Emergency Press Release On The Inciting Song Currently Circulating In The North by amjoseph19: 8:27pm On Aug 05, 2017
9jii:
Thus says an 1slamic terrorist.

2 Likes

Re: Emergency Press Release On The Inciting Song Currently Circulating In The North by 9jii(m): 8:32pm On Aug 05, 2017
amjoseph19:

Thus says an 1slamic terrorist.
Terrorized yu gladly
Re: Emergency Press Release On The Inciting Song Currently Circulating In The North by clarocuzioo(m): 9:03pm On Aug 05, 2017
Please Igbos in the North please kindly start coming back please, South east governors should send vehicles to start conveying our people back please, we are not and can never be the same with theses people, human life is sacred in Igbo land but in their land cows have more value than humans, agha akara-aka anaghi eri nwa-ngworo.
Re: Emergency Press Release On The Inciting Song Currently Circulating In The North by gotnel: 9:45pm On Aug 05, 2017
We are at it again. Let federal government take necessary moves now. Those people stoking this fire of hatred most be curtailed now before their actions will consumed them and the Innocents people of this country.
Re: Emergency Press Release On The Inciting Song Currently Circulating In The North by greenmonk: 10:18pm On Aug 05, 2017
Kathmandu:

So this your response will quell the hatred being stoked by ipod as an answer to the alarm raised by the op. Be reminded that the last civil war was also stoked by the ipod and when it happened they were the worst for it.
Re: Emergency Press Release On The Inciting Song Currently Circulating In The North by MyNewJackeT: 10:36pm On Aug 05, 2017
how can someone hate another just because they sat at home for one day.... Yes THEY SAT AT HOME....

that's stupidity in its highest order.
Re: Emergency Press Release On The Inciting Song Currently Circulating In The North by Greatzeus(m): 10:36pm On Aug 05, 2017
To all the tribalist online and offline,North,South,West or East.I want you to know one thing,no tribalism in the mortuary or in the grave.The mortuary is filled with people of diverse tongues and culture.Also everybody goes underground one day,no matter your tribe.
So everybody get to sleep in the same crip oneday(6feet) no matter the tribe grin

Re: Emergency Press Release On The Inciting Song Currently Circulating In The North by reality1010: 11:39am On Aug 06, 2017
xelly:

Bet me in d event of any attack on the peace loving Igbos in d North by d northern miscreant s,d Sultan of Sokoto,Emir Sanusi,Ango Abdullahi,El rufia,Juniad Mohammed,Rabui Kwakwaso will face ICC.Their families will be banned from traveling to US,Germany,France,Canada and other well meaning countries. We r watching them.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buhari’s Aide Attacks Ezekwesili Over Remarks Criticising President / Types Of Nigerian Senators (photos) / Things That Will Happen If Mark Zuckerberg Was To Testify At The Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.