Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,898 members, 7,834,982 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

I'm No Betrayer: Neymar To Barca Fans - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I'm No Betrayer: Neymar To Barca Fans (502 Views)

Lionel Messi Wants Neymar To Follow Him To Manchester City / Real Madrid Suffer Shock Away Defeat To Hand Title Advantage To Barca / Neymar's Move To Barca Is Now Officially OFF As He Has Agreed To Stay At PSG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I'm No Betrayer: Neymar To Barca Fans by lightblazingnow(m): 6:32pm On Aug 05, 2017
Neymar: I'm no Figo

The Brazil international, whose world-record €222m transfer to the Ligue 1 giants has seen him branded a traitor by Barca fans and club officials, has downplayed similarities between himself and Luis Figo, a player who suffered a similar fate after departing Camp Nou.

"I've done nothing bad. I'm sad about the fact that some fans think that. I hope it's a minority of fans," Neymar told reporters at his official unveiling at Parc des Princes.

"I never lacked respect for the fans. I think every player should be allowed to stay or leave a club. You're not obligated to stay at a club.

"I never lacked respect towards anybody. Again, I want to thank the fans, the players, the club of Barcelona."

The 25-year old went on to refute suggestions that the move was motivated by a reported annual salary of €30m, saying that if this was true, he may have had other options.

"These people don't know anything about my personal life," he said about people accusing him of prioritising money over loyalty.

'"I was never motivated by money. What I think about is my happiness, together with my family.

"If I was following the money, maybe I would be somewhere else. It's sad to think that some people think that."

http://www.foxsportsasia.com/news/neymar-im-no-figo/

Re: I'm No Betrayer: Neymar To Barca Fans by lenghtinny(m): 6:33pm On Aug 05, 2017
Much love for you Neymar though your sudden departure came as a surprise....

Bartomeu is a fvcktard angry
Re: I'm No Betrayer: Neymar To Barca Fans by lightblazingnow(m): 6:58pm On Aug 05, 2017
Neymar you

(1) (Reply)

FIFA Ranking: Super Eagles Are 6th In Africa, 38th In World / Unbelievable: How The United States Lost 2018 WORLD CUP| Bruce Arena / Did You Know Diego Maradona Is A Religion In Argentina??!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.