Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Ghana Ranked As 'most Expensive' African Country To Live In - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ghana Ranked As 'most Expensive' African Country To Live In (982 Views)

See The Bank Ranked As The Best In Nigeria / Lagos Ranked As Most Stressful City In Africa [IMAGE] / Nairaland Ranked Africa's Largest Forum. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Ranked As 'most Expensive' African Country To Live In by richard870(m): 11:10pm On Aug 05, 2017
Ever wondered about the African country having the highest cost of living?

It will shock you to know that the country is none other than Ghana, a Western African country.

According to the report published by the Independent.co.uk website, Ghana is ranked among 20 other nations that are deemed expensive to reside in world over.
It said: “Ghana is one of Africa’s more prosperous nations, and this is reflected in the cost of living, which is higher than any other African nation”.
New York was given an index score of 100, and countries were then ranked based on this. So a country with a score higher than 100 is more expensive than New York, while below signals that it is cheaper.
Below is the list of the 21 most expensive countries in the world
21. Ghana — 53.89: Ghana is one of Africa’s more prosperous nations, and this is reflected in the cost of living, which is higher than any other African nation, according to MoveHub.

Source- https://mobile.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/Ghana-ranked-most-expensive-country-in-Africa-to-live-in-Survey-512656

Re: Ghana Ranked As 'most Expensive' African Country To Live In by junnyjake(m): 11:14pm On Aug 05, 2017
You kidding me right.
Was thinking Seychelles.
Re: Ghana Ranked As 'most Expensive' African Country To Live In by Yeligray(m): 11:15pm On Aug 05, 2017
I just pity the citizens living in a country they can't afford to leave in.
Re: Ghana Ranked As 'most Expensive' African Country To Live In by phayvoursky(m): 11:29pm On Aug 05, 2017
Which Ghana? You mean dark tan Ghana?

So Ghana wan cheat us for this ranking?

I bet you cost of living in Magodo is costlier than the whole of Ghana.
Re: Ghana Ranked As 'most Expensive' African Country To Live In by richard870(m): 12:28am On Aug 06, 2017
phayvoursky:
Which Ghana? You mean dark tan Ghana?

So Ghana wan cheat us for this ranking?

I bet you cost of living in Magodo is costlier than the whole of Ghana.
Hmmm, thats what i thought till i found myself in the country. Things are so expensive that sometimes we students go on deliberate hunger strike just to save some cash.Imagine buying one small meat for 500 naira....
Re: Ghana Ranked As 'most Expensive' African Country To Live In by richard870(m): 12:30am On Aug 06, 2017
junnyjake:
You kidding me right.

Was thinking Seychelles.
No bro, Its a fact. Ghana's economy is terrible! Only the whites + a few Nigerians live well here
Re: Ghana Ranked As 'most Expensive' African Country To Live In by richard870(m): 12:31am On Aug 06, 2017
Yeligray:
I pity myself too bro. Studying here is something!
Re: Ghana Ranked As 'most Expensive' African Country To Live In by junnyjake(m): 12:33am On Aug 06, 2017
richard870:
No bro, Its a fact. Ghana's economy is terrible! Only the whites + a few Nigerians live well here

Chai!

It's that terrible Never knew.
Re: Ghana Ranked As 'most Expensive' African Country To Live In by richard870(m): 12:51am On Aug 06, 2017
junnyjake:

Chai!

It's that terrible Never knew.
It is bro, everything here is on the high side
Re: Ghana Ranked As 'most Expensive' African Country To Live In by Just30: 3:11pm On Aug 06, 2017
Yeligray:
And who told you Ghanaian can't afford to live in their country?
Re: Ghana Ranked As 'most Expensive' African Country To Live In by Just30: 3:13pm On Aug 06, 2017
richard870:
it's a fact, economically Ghana is better. Even being an expensive place to live.

(1) (Reply)

Data Scams Exposé / TSTV: DSTV Rival Arrives. Decoder Price, Channels, Subscription, Dish And Covera / Niger Delta Militants Make Fresh Demand From Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.