Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die (43943 Views)

Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) / Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo / Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood (2) (3) (4)

Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by Themandator: 10:14pm On Aug 06, 2017
Nofuckgiven:

Yet you bow down to your pastor and keep pictures of Jesus in your home. Stop blabbering about what you know nothing about. I don't argue with people who don't seek to know a reason behind a particular ideology.

You are wrong, I don't have any physical picture other than the one already imprinted by the word about the Lord, in my house ... I am his image ...As for the reason you can do well to educate me where you got the reason to kiss sculptures made by even sinners .... Princess Diana ...Read Acts 19

Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by Themandator: 10:24pm On Aug 06, 2017
adetayo234:

Are you reading your bible upside down or what? How come you don't know that God commanded them to make the snake image long after he had given the law in the old testament to Moses? What you guys don't want to agree with is that it is not the image that really matters, but what the image depicts. Does the image bring you closer to God or take you further from God?

No, you are wrong. Saints die in the body, but they live in the spirit and they are fully aware of what is going on here on earth. And yes, saints who died in Christ will continue to live in heaven. It is strange that you forgot the story of Lazarus and the rich man and you also fail to ask yourslef why Jesus mentioned father Abraham in that story; father Abraham was already dead by that time and Jesus made it look like father Abraham was aware of what was going on all the time, though he was dead. Or do you think Jesus didn't know what he was saying?

Dead saints are alive in heaven and they can intercede for Christians since they know what gos on here on earth.

What you have not understood is that God is not the author of confusion .... He expressly commanded them to make the snake statute.... Where did you people get your own instructions from to make images for Joseph, Jesus , Mary and the others ..... The word is ....Make no image for yourself ......I will ask you to make if I want one .. how many did the apostle make for Jesus Christ , Mary and Joseph ?

Sir, every believers is a saint ...When they did their spirit returns to heaven.... I already made this clear....Equally true is that all unbeliever also live forever, in the spirit which goes to the devil in hell fire.

Lazarus and the rich fool... The man asked for a message to be sent from heaven to his family in the earth and was refused because there are enough living saints here in the earth to do that which he wanted some by those in heaven ...Abi no be so you see am for your Bible ... Paraphrase am for me from your own Bible ....There is no where saints in heaven intercessors with your relationship with God ....Only Christ Jesus died for you and only him is your mediator .... There is no pray for us saint in heaven ...Intercessors are living here on the earth
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by obaoyedotun(m): 10:56pm On Aug 06, 2017
Catholics don't believe in everything written in mark 16 like speaking in tongues and a lot other
YelloweWest:

What might that be??
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by adetayo234: 3:30am On Aug 07, 2017
Themandator:

What you have not understood is that God is not the author of confusion .... He expressly commanded them to make the snake statute.... Where did you people get your own instructions from to make images for Joseph, Jesus , Mary and the others ..... The word is ....Make no image for yourself ......I will ask you to make if I want one .. how many did the apostle make for Jesus Christ , Mary and Joseph ?

Sir, every believers is a saint ...When they did their spirit returns to heaven.... I already made this clear....Equally true is that all unbeliever also live forever, in the spirit which goes to the devil in hell fire.

Lazarus and the rich fool... The man asked for a message to be sent from heaven to his family in the earth and was refused because there are enough living saints here in the earth to do that which he wanted some by those in heaven ...Abi no be so you see am for your Bible ... Paraphrase am for me from your own Bible ....There is no where saints in heaven intercessors with your relationship with God ....Only Christ Jesus died for you and only him is your mediator .... There is no pray for us saint in heaven ...Intercessors are living here on the earth

Can you imagine the way you are twisting the bible to please your sensual desire? Make no image for yourself? I pity your soul. God is not an author of confusion, but God asked them to make image, not for the purpose of turning the image to a god, but for them to see him through the image. He was using that image to pass across a message, the same way the catholic church is using images to pass across a message. It is not the image, but what the image represents. You don't need to be deeply spiritual to understand this. If you still argue this point, well, I can't help you further.

As per the second point, you mixed it up. in your attempt to win an argument, you totally left the point and was uttering meaningless gibberish. Jesus mentioned Abraham in that story and Abraham even spoke. How can the dead and irrelevant be speaking if they are not alive? Additionally, Abraham told the rich man: "son, you have had your own pleasure on earth...." How could Abraham had know how the rich man lived if he wasn't aware of what was happening?

Because you are a saint on earth, with all the temptations you fall into everyday, doesnt mean that there are no siants in heaven. Dead saints are aware of everything going on here on earth. Anyone that preaches anything contrary to this is preaching heresy. And do you also know that angels intercede for Christians? If you say no, then I will be convinced you lack knowledge of the scriptures.
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by parrotchick(f): 7:12am On Aug 07, 2017
ocelot2006:

You just judged the Catholic Church. It's not like your own denomination is any holier with it's superstar pastors who buy private jets and luxury cars with your tithes. Hallelujah.
I didn't judge. I made references. you juged
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by Themandator: 8:33am On Aug 07, 2017
adetayo234:

Can you imagine the way you are twisting the bible to please your sensual desire? Make no image for yourself? I pity your soul. God is not an author of confusion, but God asked them to make image, not for the purpose of turning the image to a god, but for them to see him through the image. He was using that image to pass across a message, the same way the catholic church is using images to pass across a message. It is not the image, but what the image represents. You don't need to be deeply spiritual to understand this. If you still argue this point, well, I can't help you further.

As per the second point, you mixed it up. in your attempt to win an argument, you totally left the point and was uttering meaningless gibberish. Jesus mentioned Abraham in that story and Abraham even spoke. How can the dead and irrelevant be speaking if they are not alive? Additionally, Abraham told the rich man: "son, you have had your own pleasure on earth...." How could Abraham had know how the rich man lived if he wasn't aware of what was happening?

Because you are a saint on earth, with all the temptations you fall into everyday, doesnt mean that there are no siants in heaven. Dead saints are aware of everything going on here on earth. Anyone that preaches anything contrary to this is preaching heresy. And do you also know that angels intercede for Christians? If you say no, then I will be convinced you lack knowledge of the scriptures.

First, check whichever version of the Bible you have to see if God warned against making for yourself ......Did God ask you guys to make an image for Mary , Joseph , Jesus , Peter and the rest ... He said ...Make not for yourself ....In other words, until I command it don't make it and he never did command it or do you have any where he command it .... He commanded them to make the serpent image before they did. ......There is no idle word in the Bible ...Every word is there to work ....YOURSELF is not thereby as a conjunction.

See the two scripture where it was clearly stated .....

Exo 20:4....Do not make an idol for yourself, whether in the shape of anything in the heavens above or on the earth below or in the waters under the earth. .. and Deut 5:8.........."You shall not mak[b]e for yourself[/b] an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.

I never stated that those father's in the faith died and never lived in heaven... They died here on the earth and their spirit went back to heaven ......Our point of discourse: DEAD SAINTS DONT INTERCEDE AND ARE NOT INTERCESSORS for living saints here on the earth so that SAINT JOSEPH, PRAY FOR US prayer is not scriptural .......

From the Luke 16 you quoted copiously, you will find that the man's attempt to get a dead saints sent to his people was rebuffed and he was told that there are saints here that can INTERCEDE if they are ready to be saved: see the verse below

Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: for I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭16:19-31‬
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by Themandator: 9:18am On Aug 07, 2017
adetayo234:

Na your type dey majesterially declare from altar say three wise men visit Jesus Christ
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by adetayo234: 11:34am On Aug 07, 2017
Themandator:

Na your type dey majesterially declare from altar say three wise men visit Jesus Christ

Your comment makes no sense.
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by adetayo234: 11:39am On Aug 07, 2017
Themandator:

First, check whichever version of the Bible you have to see if God warned against making for yourself ......Did God ask you guys to make an image for Mary , Joseph , Jesus , Peter and the rest ... He said ...Make not for yourself ....In other words, until I command it don't make it and he never did command it or do you have any where he command it .... He commanded them to make the serpent image before they did. ......There is no idle word in the Bible ...Every word is there to work ....YOURSELF is not thereby as a conjunction.

See the two scripture where it was clearly stated .....

Exo 20:4....Do not make an idol for yourself, whether in the shape of anything in the heavens above or on the earth below or in the waters under the earth. .. and Deut 5:8.........."You shall not mak[b]e for yourself[/b] an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.

I never stated that those father's in the faith died and never lived in heaven... They died here on the earth and their spirit went back to heaven ......Our point of discourse: DEAD SAINTS DONT INTERCEDE AND ARE NOT INTERCESSORS for living saints here on the earth so that SAINT JOSEPH, PRAY FOR US prayer is not scriptural .......

From the Luke 16 you quoted copiously, you will find that the man's attempt to get a dead saints sent to his people was rebuffed and he was told that there are saints here that can INTERCEDE if they are ready to be saved: see the verse below

Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: for I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭16:19-31‬

Did God ask your pastors to heal with handkerchiefs? Or did he ask them to use anointing oil for healing? Did he ask you to call your pastors or GO's as Daddy? Did God ask yiu to be worshiping on sundays? Where is it written in the Bible that you should do these things? So, why are you doing them?
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by mytym(m): 2:47pm On Aug 07, 2017
GreatUniben:
There are other priests that wants to leave too. If the church is not careful more priests will leave before the end of this year. The Catholic Church no more pay attention to its people and priests, the church now pay attention to more money and the priests pay attention to luxury. There are still many more priests like Rev. Edet that is nursing that same idea. We pray for our priests and religious that God will make them more holy and know the essence of their calling through Christ our Lord.

I read it in dailies sometimes last year, some group of priests ( Europeans) wrote a petition to the pope, to allow them get married.
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by Themandator: 5:42pm On Aug 07, 2017
adetayo234:

Did God ask your pastors to heal with handkerchiefs? Or did he ask them to use anointing oil for healing? Did he ask you to call your pastors or GO's as Daddy? Did God ask yiu to be worshiping on sundays? Where is it written in the Bible that you should do these things? So, why are you doing them?

Obviously, you have seen what you have never seen until now which is that, you don't go about making for yourself images and paying obeisance to them ...... If you do that you are only practising religion which is man's personal effort to get it right with God ... It is not God commanded ways and therefore , deprave of God's Spirit.

Now to your questions which ordinarily doesn't merit a rejoinder since your church also uses most of them items, k will refer you to the new testament where Jesus sent out the disciples in pairs and gave them anointing oil..... When they returned they gave testimonies of their exploit with it .....Also the Bible says , is any sick amongst you, let him call for the elders of the church that they pray and anointing him .....The book of Isa says because of the anointing the yoke shall be broken ..... The book of first Samuel says from that day forward , the spirit of the Lord rested upon David she he was anointed. It is surprising that you who claims to be a a Bible scholar doesn't know that the Bible ask us to use anointing oil for healing

It was okay in the old testament to have images because there wasn't yet Pentecost..... God's Spirit , the Holy Spirit, didn't indwell man .... God only visited man and usually he stayed outside man and spoke with Him. In the new testament, he gave man his spirit on Pentecost and it indwell the spirit of man therefore no need for any image to rep God other than our image and he told us that we are now his temple ... His dwelling place. .... He made us in his own image and likeness ( it is also in the first page of your catechism book)
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by adetayo234: 6:38pm On Aug 07, 2017
Themandator:

Obviously, you have seen what you have never seen until now which is that, you don't go about making for yourself images and paying obeisance to them ...... If you do that you are only practising religion which is man's personal effort to get it right with God ... It is not God commanded ways and therefore , deprave of God's Spirit.

Now to your questions which ordinarily doesn't merit a rejoinder since your church also uses most of them items, k will refer you to the new testament where Jesus sent out the disciples in pairs and gave them anointing oil..... When they returned they gave testimonies of their exploit with it .....Also the Bible says , is any sick amongst you, let him call for the elders of the church that they pray and anointing him .....The book of Isa says because of the anointing the yoke shall be broken ..... The book of first Samuel says from that day forward , the spirit of the Lord rested upon David she he was anointed. It is surprising that you who claims to be a a Bible scholar doesn't know that the Bible ask us to use anointing oil for healing

It was okay in the old testament to have images because there wasn't yet Pentecost..... God's Spirit , the Holy Spirit, didn't indwell man .... God only visited man and usually he stayed outside man and spoke with Him. In the new testament, he gave man his spirit on Pentecost and it indwell the spirit of man therefore no need for any image to rep God other than our image and he told us that we are now his temple ... His dwelling place. .... He made us in his own image and likeness ( it is also in the first page of your catechism book)

And did God now say your pastors should be doing it too? Did God ask you to use handkerchief for healing? Did God ask you to place church sticker on your car and claim it is for protection? Did God ask you to put on apron and say it works for protection? Where is it written that you can place bible under your pillow for protection? The question is not about whether my church does it or not; it is about whether God specifically mentioned it in the Bible that you should do it.

From what you wrote up there, you are using anointing oil because Jesus commanded the Jews to use anointing oil..
Catholics are also making images because God commanded the isrealites to make images.

And your last statement contradict you. You first said God condemned image making because he specifically gave a commandment against such. Now, you have turned around again, saying images are acceptable in the old testament. Why are you contradicting yourself?

And if your theory about old testament supporting image is true? Where in the new testament is it written that images should be restricted to the old testament?

And maybe you need to refer to the scriptures where Jesus specifically stated that he has not come to abolish the laws (old testament), but to bring it to fulfilment.
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by Themandator: 6:52pm On Aug 07, 2017
adetayo234:

And did God now say your pastors should be doing it too? Did God ask you to use handkerchief for healing? Did God ask you to place church sticker on your car and claim it is for protection? Did God ask you to put on apron and say it works for protection? Where is it written that you can place bible under your pillow for protection? The question is not about whether my church does it or not; it is about whether God specifically mentioned it in the Bible that you should do it.

From what you wrote up there, you are using anointing oil because Jesus commanded the Jews to use anointing oil..
Catholics are also making images because God commanded the isrealites to make images.

And your last statement contradict you. You first said God condemned image making because he specifically gave a commandment against such. Now, you have turned around again, saying images are acceptable in the old testament. Why are you contradicting yourself?

And if your theory about old testament supporting image is true? Where in the new testament is it written that images should be restricted to the old testament?

And maybe you need to refer to the scriptures where Jesus specifically stated that he has not come to abolish the laws (old testament), but to bring it to fulfilment.

Abeg I no get time to dey argue issue back and front ....Image are satanic in today's Christian circle because they are no longer need ...God now dwells in us .... In the old testament they had visitation while we have indwelling .... I didn't say you should not make any image for yourself ... God said so and I have proved it with the scripture ... He said make no image for yourself....You are free to raise dust and ask me if God ask us to use anointing oil or not .....The Bible was written for our instruction............You initially laughed at me for saying that the scripture said you should make no image for yourself......You highlighted, for yourself and tried to pity my soul.....You clearly didn't know it was written that way in the Bible .
........Having shown it that it is so you have moved to childish banters of where did God ask us to use anointing oil to heal the sick even though it is so in the Bible ...Ask your rev Fr why he uses oil and why he sprinkles water during baptism.

Have more images and do what you like with them

Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by Nofuckgiven: 8:11pm On Aug 07, 2017
Themandator:

You are wrong, I don't have any physical picture other than the one already imprinted by the word about the Lord, in my house ... I am his image ...As for the reason you can do well to educate me where you got the reason to kiss sculptures made by even sinners .... Princess Diana ...Read Acts 19
This link has all the answers you need. I am not a religious person because denomination wont take anyone to heaven but doing the right thing.
https://www.catholic.com/tract/do-catholics-worship-statues

Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by adetayo234: 8:54pm On Aug 07, 2017
Themandator:

Abeg I no get time to dey argue issue back and front ....Image are satanic in today's Christian circle because they are no longer need ...God now dwells in us .... In the old testament they had visitation while we have indwelling .... I didn't say you should not make any image for yourself ... God said so and I have proved it with the scripture ... He said make no image for yourself....You are free to raise dust and ask me if God ask us to use anointing oil or not .....The Bible was written for our instruction............You initially laughed at me for saying that the scripture said you should make no image for yourself......You highlighted, for yourself and tried to pity my soul.....You clearly didn't know it was written that way in the Bible .
........Having shown it that it is so you have moved to childish banters of where did God ask us to use anointing oil to heal the sick even though it is so in the Bible ...Ask your rev Fr why he uses oil and why he sprinkles water during baptism.

Have more images and do what you like with them

What makes you an authority in determining what is satanic and not?

Who told you images are satanic in today's Christianity?

Where is your evidence?

or you just made a statement thoughtlessly because that is what is comfortable for you?

Don't you think it is stupid and unreasonable to make a statement you can't prove?
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by smartnero24(m): 8:44pm On Aug 09, 2017
TheArchangel:
I am a Christian but I have reservations in some of the doctrines. I mustnt believe everything.

Like which......I'm keen to hear about the doctrines u have reservations for
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by Cityguy: 2:51pm On Aug 12, 2017
mapist:

Baba wan go run him own church grin grin grin grin..
You read my mind. You just nailed it!
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by Cityguy: 3:17pm On Aug 12, 2017
Kebreal92:
RUN AWAY FROM ALL THESE MAN-MADE RELIGION. RUN TO ISLAM AND BE AT PEACE WITH UR SOUL FOR THE REST OF UR LIFE.
Abi? .........hahahahaha. I gbadun that joke you just yarned.
Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by tete7000(m): 2:06am On Aug 23, 2017
GreatUniben:
There are other priests that wants to leave too. If the church is not careful more priests will leave before the end of this year. The Catholic Church no more pay attention to its people and priests, the church now pay attention to more money and the priests pay attention to luxury. There are still many more priests like Rev. Edet that is nursing that same idea. We pray for our priests and religious that God will make them more holy and know the essence of their calling through Christ our Lord.

And you think where they are going all is sweet and rosy? The grass always looks greener on the other side. Since time immemorial devil has always used the notion of freedom to entice humans. Hear what he told our parents: Did God ask you not to eat the fruit? They answer yes, to which he told them not to mind God because the day they eat they shall be like God knowing good from bad. He obviously enjoined them to free themselves from God's restrictions and be free to independently determine what is good or bad.
The church is divine but she is human too and belonging to any human institutional reality will come with its own hassles but only those who endure to the end shall be saved. Did Christ not faced opposition? The priest want to start his own church. Will he employ coworkers and pastors too? Or intend to fellowship alone? If he employs people, does he intend to provides rules of behaviours to them too and expect them to obey when he has shown he himself can't live under rules? Does justice permit you expect from others what you wouldn't take from another? Does the scripture not say do unto others as you want done unto you? Rebellion always breed rebellion. He has rebelled, others will rebel against him. He will build and they will scatter because it is what a man sows that he reaps.
I am happy he said the church is the most organized system in the world, but isn't that enough to point to him the divinity of the church? I admire he didn't encourage others in his path of rebellion, it is good he didn't say others should leave church as he did. Sadly though, his many admirers will nonetheless follow him.
Church will try always to encourage priests not to leave but she can't do nothing about those who decided to go, their freedom must be respected. Many have left in the past and many will still at various times in future but church will remain as she is built upon the rock of Peter that the gate of hell cannot prevail against.

Re: Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die by Kolanist(m): 2:01pm On Mar 09, 2018
He is very correct, the roman catholic institution is the most organised body ever created by the devil himself,it is the evil genius of satan. He also doesnt want to goto purgatory(which is a lie) but heaven which is great news. the devil is just so wicked cheating roman catholic priests&nuns of joy marriage&sex and taking them to hell again. He needs divine protection because the "jesuits" etc. might be after him so I pray for him that as it is written that "touch not my anointed & do my prophets no harm";"the gates of hell shant prevail against my(Jesus) true church";"what God has joined together let no man put asunder" so shall it be for him&those like him in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen. browse this tracts site to know more about the roman catholic church http://www.chick.com/m/catalog/tracts_bykeyword.asp?K=Catholicism

Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” / Sex Tapes And Depraved Viewers By Deji Yesufu / Pastor Alph Lukau Tells Woman Best Friend Standing Beside Her Is Her Problem

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101