Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Let It Go - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Let It Go (721 Views)

"Let It Be Me" (Tribute To Col Muhammad Abu-ali And Other Fallen Gallants) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Let It Go by Sokere8: 1:59am On Aug 06, 2017
Life is not a complete bed of roses that is why we encounter misfortunes that could break our heart into pieces and make us wish we were never born. Some inevitable things in life are making mistakes, failure, death, losing a love one, betrayal, etc. Your life shouldn’t stop after a break up, loss, betrayal or separation. It is normal to cry and feel bad when something unpleasing happens to us but we shouldn’t get stuck in the page of crying, worrying, mourning, regretting, and bitterness which would deprive us the present and future happiness.                       

With the increasing rate of suicide, depression and anxiety, you are to guard your heart against harboring hurtful thoughts of yesterday. Whether it is emotional (friendship, love, children, etc.) or professional (project, evolution,responsibilities, etc.) we all have something in common: concerns, fears and worries. 

Some people fear the repetition of a misfortune of the past. I have a girlfriend who was abandoned at the altar on her wedding day. This incident affected her immensely as she completely withdrew from people. She had this feeling that she wasn’t good enough for anyone since the one she loved rejected her. She was living in depression and anxiety. Later on some suitors came around but she rejected them because she was scared that they might still leave her on the altar like the last person did. She was living in her fears which deprived her from becoming happy again. It took time and counseling before she finally decided to let go and embrace a new found love who brought her so much happiness than she ever imagined.

You need to know that no past situation will ever happen twice exactly in the same way. Of course, I may have to suffer a second loss, mistake, rejection etc….but why deprive myself of present happiness by thinking of future misfortune? 

It is good to want to make love last, to keep a friendship, to save to buy a house, to finish a doctoral thesis, to want to be pregnant, to wish to find the man of your dream or to wish that your husband ceases to drink or your wife stops cheating ... But when this obstinacy becomes obsessive, when our whole existence is invaded by this fixed idea to the point where we no longer appreciate life and those around us, we have to go to the obvious and realize that “ What can’t be changed should be accepted whole heartedly. ” If you choose to continuously worry yourself over any situation, you could fall ill, sink into depression or even be tempted to commit suicide.We must therefore cut off all ties with the past and live in the present.

Forgiving and letting go doesn’t mean you are weak.  It means you are strong enough to open and enjoy the next page of your life. To let go is to accept the limits and stop fighting for something that is dead. It is integrity and freedom. 

The rule to follow in letting go is the burial rule. Yes! we must definitely mourn the old relationship, loss or failure! But do not continuously water those thoughts if not it would grow up and choke you. Bury those thoughts, leave that relationship in tatters where it is: in the cemetery of the ruptures, with a beautiful epitaph if necessary.  Don’t replay the hurt, disappointment nor rejection incident. Press the end button then say to yourselves: "It’s time to move on to something else."

I often hear people say “I can’t forget about that ugly experience no matter how hard I try”. Or “I can’t forget him because I loved him so much.” The brain stores any information you feed it with. So it has the capacity of forgetting any incident. Not like you would have amnesia but when you have chosen to let go, and you send that command to your brain, gradually you would notice improvements and the memories won’t hurt as much as it did at first. You must move on and not go back because ahead lies better love, opportunities, possibilities, potentials, hopes, and success. Obviously, it is much easier to say than to realize. But remember that "Where there is a will, there's a way."

The true letting go is to continue being happy to live even if we do not have what we desire. The true letting go is to take pleasure in my life as it is now. The real letting go is to trust life and believe that life would do us good. It is to desire something and not to worry about it.

Letting go is leaving the control to Him that is higher and stronger than us. That is to say: "Ok, I admit that I do not know how to handle this situation." "Ok, God, I'll leave you the reins of my life." And of course, God can never fail. Beautiful soul, that revenge you are plotting, that failure, that wrong marriage, that death of a loved one, that betrayal, that unreciprocated love, LET IT GO! Live your life and always be happy.

http://www.soniasblog.com/2017/07/let-it-go.html
For more inspirational posts follow us on www.soniasblog.com
Re: Let It Go by pweetymhi(f): 9:08pm On Aug 06, 2017
Hmmmm true talk, no matter the situation learn to let go

(1) (Reply)

The Past Tense Of The F Word / Need Article Rewriter. / All The Devils Are Coming Out Of Caves!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.