Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,683 members, 7,865,736 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 02:46 AM

Im From The USA And Would Like Info On The Nigerian Used Car Market - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Im From The USA And Would Like Info On The Nigerian Used Car Market (930 Views)

Does It Matter If A Used Car Was Used By A Woman? / How Do I Locate Bejar Car Market From Ojota / 7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Im From The USA And Would Like Info On The Nigerian Used Car Market by ssvv2215: 6:13am On Aug 06, 2017
Hi All, first post here on the site and have a few questions maybe you guys would be willing to help me out.
Is it cheaper to buy a used car in the USA and import it to Nigeria then it is to buy the same used car in Nigeria?
For instance, if Kelly Blue Book Value of a used Toyota Rav4 is US$10000 would the same car be more expensive to buy in Nigeria locally than importing it, considering the exchange rates as well? Can someone please explain how that works?

I have a Reconstructed low mileage 2014 Toyota Rav4 that I want to sell and Im trying to figure out how the prices of used cars in Nigeria would compare to exported cars from the USA so I come up with a competitive price.

thank you
Re: Im From The USA And Would Like Info On The Nigerian Used Car Market by Nutase: 6:44am On Aug 06, 2017
For real??
Re: Im From The USA And Would Like Info On The Nigerian Used Car Market by Cherez: 6:46am On Aug 06, 2017
A lot can sway the equilibrium. Like clearing the car from the ports, ie your ability to get an honest clearing agent can reduce importation cost, risk and time.
It is definitely cheaper to bring it down yourself also because you cannot cheat yourself with the mileage & body and engine conditions.
Re: Im From The USA And Would Like Info On The Nigerian Used Car Market by ssvv2215: 7:17am On Aug 06, 2017
I found these two sites and

Are these reputable sites to gauge used car values in Nigeria?

It seems like when I compare a used car on those sites with the same year, make, model, and mileage, in the USA and Nigeria that the asking prices are a lot more in Nigeria after doing the exchange rate. So for a rough example if a car is worth US$10000 in the USA it would be worth US$15000 in Nigeria.
Re: Im From The USA And Would Like Info On The Nigerian Used Car Market by mployer(m): 7:17am On Aug 06, 2017
It's is cheaper in Nigeria if you are not a car dealer.

Only car dealers import cars cheap in Nigeria because of their experience in the field. A new Comer will incur some expenses he didn't plan for.

My thoughts tho.
Re: Im From The USA And Would Like Info On The Nigerian Used Car Market by ben4ever(m): 7:36am On Aug 06, 2017
ssvv2215:
I found these two sites and

Are these reputable sites to gauge used car values in Nigeria?

It seems like when I compare a used car on those sites with the same year, make, model, and mileage, in the USA and Nigeria that the asking prices are a lot more in Nigeria after doing the exchange rate. So for a rough example if a car is worth US$10000 in the USA it would be worth US$15000 in Nigeria.

Make sure you import a fast moving brand to start with.

(1) (Reply)

When You Have The Best Car In The World / Tesla Showoff Car Without A Steering Wheel That May Be On The Road In 2 Yrs Time / How Do I Know The Best Oil Got My Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.