Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Car Battery Heats Up When Driving, Please Advise... - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Battery Heats Up When Driving, Please Advise... (993 Views)

5 Mistakes You Should Carefully Avoid When Driving / Mistakes To Avoid When Driving An Automatic Transmission Car / My Toyota Corolla Over Heats Only When The AC Is On! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Battery Heats Up When Driving, Please Advise... by castrokins(m): 10:26am On Aug 06, 2017
Hi Guys,
I Drive A VW Beetle (99 Model), 2.0L V4. I'd Been Using A Hankook Sealed Battery Since 2014 Until About A Month Ago When A Friend Borrowed It, Only To Return With Dead Cells.

On 3/8/2017 I Bought A New Battery Called Magnet, 62ahm.

My Worry Is That I Realized Yesterday The Battery Heats Up When I Drive And This Was Never Noticed When I Had The Hankook. Although I Never Bothered To Check Specifications On The Hankook, I Had No Such Concerns With It.

Again, I Had My Engine Block Re-sleeved And To Do It, Engine Had To Be Dropped And All. Upon Recoupling, The Dashboard Lights Goes On And Off When I Drive. I Have Had My Electrician Check The Fuse Box, But He Could Only Advised That The Car Be Scanned.

Please I Need Your Advise.

Thank You.
Re: Car Battery Heats Up When Driving, Please Advise... by mayor2013: 12:25pm On Aug 06, 2017
castrokins:
Hi Guys,
I Drive A VW Beetle (99 Model), 2.0L V4. I'd Been Using A Hankook Sealed Battery Since 2014 Until About A Month Ago When A Friend Borrowed It, Only To Return With Dead Cells.

On 3/8/2017 I Bought A New Battery Called Magnet, 62ahm.

My Worry Is That I Realized Yesterday The Battery Heats Up When I Drive And This Was Never Noticed When I Had The Hankook. Although I Never Bothered To Check Specifications On The Hankook, I Had No Such Concerns With It.

Again, I Had My Engine Block Re-sleeved And To Do It, Engine Had To Be Dropped And All. Upon Recoupling, The Dashboard Lights Goes On And Off When I Drive. I Have Had My Electrician Check The Fuse Box, But He Could Only Advised That The Car Be Scanned.

Please I Need Your Advise.

Thank You.

What amperage rating was your hankook battery? I advice you get a 75amps battery as compared to 62amps you have. I also hope your battery ventilation has not been blocked there is a small hole for ventilation on your battery. Have it checked for blockage. As for your cluster light going on and off. Check your electrical connection
Re: Car Battery Heats Up When Driving, Please Advise... by castrokins(m): 1:56pm On Aug 06, 2017
Thank You So Much Sir. I Will Check To See If I'd Remove Any Lid From It's Ventilation If I Find It.

Again, I Settled For 62amp Due To Cost And Some Assurances That It'd Be Enough For My Car.

I Didn't Check The Amperage On My Hankook Through Out The Period I Had It, Sadly...

mayor2013:

What amperage rating was your hankook battery? I advice you get a 75amps battery as compared to 62amps you have. I also hope your battery ventilation has not been blocked there is a small hole for ventilation on your battery. Have it checked for blockage. As for your cluster light going on and off. Check your electrical connection
Re: Car Battery Heats Up When Driving, Please Advise... by cyborg123(m): 5:33pm On Aug 06, 2017
This could be also caused by alternator overvoltage. Let your technician check your alternator.
Re: Car Battery Heats Up When Driving, Please Advise... by castrokins(m): 8:36pm On Aug 06, 2017
Thank You, Sir. I'd Have It Checked Tomorrow

cyborg123:
This could be also caused by alternator overvoltage. Let your technician check your alternator.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Does A “HOT V” Turbocharged Engine Works? / Benz Car Needed / New 2019 Jaguar XE Unveiled With Interior Tweaks And Tech Upgrades (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.