Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,763 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

8 Dead Not 150 In Nigeria Church Gun Attack - Bbc - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 8 Dead Not 150 In Nigeria Church Gun Attack - Bbc (486 Views)

Truth About The Nigeria Church In CCC Staten Island Saga / Which Nigeria Church Do These 3 Ladies Attend? (photo) / The Evil Of Tribalism In The Nigeria Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Dead Not 150 In Nigeria Church Gun Attack - Bbc by maxiflexy(m): 5:41pm On Aug 06, 2017
At least eight people have been killed in a gun attack on a church in southern Nigeria, police say.

Up to 18 other worshippers were wounded in the early morning incident at the church in Ozubulu near the city of Onitsha.

There were conflicting reports over whether the attack was carried out by a lone gunman or a group of attackers.

Police said the shooting was the result of an argument between Nigerians from Ozubulu who were living abroad.

One of the Nigerian expatriates had built the St Philip's Catholic Church, Anambra State Police Commissioner Garba Umar
said in a statement.

The attack had been carried out by someone from the local community, he added.
The attacker burst into the church during Sunday Mass and initially targeted at least one specific person before opening fire on others, reports said.

Witness Chukwuma Emeka told AFP news agency he had just stepped out of the church to stretch his legs "when I heard gunshots and screaming and people running inside."

"When the chaos subsided I went inside, I saw my fellow church members dead in a pool of their own blood and many others were screaming in pain."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-40843878
Re: 8 Dead Not 150 In Nigeria Church Gun Attack - Bbc by maxiflexy(m): 5:42pm On Aug 06, 2017
lalasticlala mynd44
Re: 8 Dead Not 150 In Nigeria Church Gun Attack - Bbc by Chatflick(m): 5:46pm On Aug 06, 2017
Nigerian news media can come up with one contentious figure that will leave somebody agape.

PS: I now know what it feels like to be the first to comment. Dedicate this to Mandy.
Re: 8 Dead Not 150 In Nigeria Church Gun Attack - Bbc by MCzubby247(m): 5:50pm On Aug 06, 2017
RIP!
But that guy causes his untimely death.
From all indication the abroad guy sent the guy amn/ men to annihilate him probably the did business and that guy swallowed the money and there's every possibility that the late guy was also living abroad
Once again RIP
Re: 8 Dead Not 150 In Nigeria Church Gun Attack - Bbc by dannytoe(m): 5:51pm On Aug 06, 2017
Kai, but nigerian media said 18 dead 150 injured............infact nigerian media and lies are like 5&6

(1) (Reply)

Why Are There No Igbo In The Army Troops / Do I Go To His Mosque?? / Opposition To Sukuk: Can Is Playing ‘dog In The Manger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.