Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,038 members, 7,810,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Pregnancy And Marriage In Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Pregnancy And Marriage In Islam (817 Views)

A Muslim Marriage In Brief / Marriage ⚭ In Islam : Importance Of Husband And Wife, Romance, Sex,etc / Cousin Marriage in Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pregnancy And Marriage In Islam by SeniorZato(m): 7:01pm On Aug 06, 2017
Is it permissible in Islam for me to marry my pregnant girlfriend. Will my Nikah be valid? And in a situation where by the marriage was contracted while the lady is pregnant. What is the faith of the couples
Thank you in anticipation for your responses
Re: Pregnancy And Marriage In Islam by Empiree: 8:09pm On Aug 06, 2017
It is really not a matter of simple haram or halal. Fuqaha (jurists) differ on this issue. The like of imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbali(ra) may consider this invalid and or others too with evidence before them. Imam Shafi'i(ra) and others too consider it valid base on evidence they have before them.

Its all depends on situation of individuals involved. I am sure as it is now, the world we live in, they most likely will consider it valid. I also heard of waiting until after she delivers. Some say before she delivers. So it is fiqh issue actually.

There is also a case of non-muslim getting pregnant and thereafter embraced islam. Opinions vary widely as to whether nikkah after that is valid. I personally belief it is bcus sins committed before islam are wiped out. Just get to your local Alfas to seal the deal bcus at the end of the day, she is pregnant. That's what counts now. You cant throw the baby out can you?.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy And Marriage In Islam by ikupakuti(m): 12:31am On Aug 07, 2017
^^^
@empiree
grin grin Now this what we talking about, unfortunate situations that should be avoided. Why lay a girl you are not married to ?

@ the OP, presence or absence of pregnancy is not a condition on the permissibility/validity of marriage.

What the NABI (saw) warned against is irrigating another man‘s plantation. grin

“A child belongs to the matrimonial bed“ so said the NABI (saw) i.e even if you mistakenly marry a pregnant lady (whose pregnancy isnt yours), that child “belongs“ to you, as a damage control strategy cheesy

Its always better that a child is born inside wedlock no matter the situation (apart from issues from the divorced or the widowed of course) than being termed a bastard. The later is not good for the moral value of the society at all.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy And Marriage In Islam by Empiree: 3:31am On Aug 07, 2017
^^
And the later is what we have WORDWORLD now cheesy . Ops, thats someone's moniker. worldwide i meant
Re: Pregnancy And Marriage In Islam by ikupakuti(m): 4:33am On Aug 07, 2017
Empiree:
^^
And the later is what we have WORDWORLD now cheesy . Ops, thats someone's moniker. worldwide i meant

grin
Re: Pregnancy And Marriage In Islam by Nobody: 7:01am On Aug 07, 2017
@EMPIREE @IKUPATI ..the op asked about islam verdict n0t alfa that talk without giving us proof-
Re: Pregnancy And Marriage In Islam by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 07, 2017
U sufi. . y cant u quote tijani or ibrahim niyas on this issue . . ur sheik do n0t kn0w it.... afi ko ti maa la ala oshi kakairi. .vas
Re: Pregnancy And Marriage In Islam by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 07, 2017
OP . . i will give you uztaz jabata number.. call him.. this case is serious one
Re: Pregnancy And Marriage In Islam by MrOlai: 11:41am On Aug 07, 2017
SeniorZato:
Is it permissible in Islam for me to marry my pregnant girlfriend. Will my Nikah be valid? And in a situation where by the marriage was contracted while the lady is pregnant. What is the faith of the couples
Thank you in anticipation for your responses

First and foremost, you need to go and make sincere Taubah to Allah(SWT).

Why having girlfriend in the first place? Boyfriend-girlfriend relationship is a western concept of fornication and adultery. Fornication and adultery are major sins in Islam.

Majority of those who are into boyfriend-girlfriend relationships have multiple boyfriends/girlfriends. How are you sure the pregnancy is yours if your girlfriend has another boyfriend/boyfriends?

However, if you're 100% sure the pregnancy is yours, then, your first step is to seek sincere repentance to Allah(SWT) with your girlfriend.

Also, you need to go and seek forgiveness of your girlfriend's parents for impregnating their daughter without their consent. This is because parents' consent is one of the conditions of marriage in Islam.

And... since you impregnated her and you love each other, you can get married to each other, after sincere repentance to Allah(SWT) and forgiveness of her parents.

In ideal Islamic situation, you and your girlfriend need to be flogged 100 lashes each before being allowed to come together as husband and wife!

Allah knows best.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hamza Yakasai Quotes Regarding Islam, By Some Western Philosophers / Polygamy In Harmony In Malaysia / Allah in Arabic Miraculously Inscribed On A Meat In UI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.