Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,200 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Fmr Justice Minister Aondoakaa Bidded For Car On Custom E-auction Site (pic) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fmr Justice Minister Aondoakaa Bidded For Car On Custom E-auction Site (pic) (873 Views)

Kaycee Madu Appointed Justice Minister In Canada / Anyim, Shettima, Suswan, Aondoakaa, Okonkwo Visit Orji Uzor Kalu / Landslide In Cross River Affects 60 Houses, Historical Site. (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fmr Justice Minister Aondoakaa Bidded For Car On Custom E-auction Site (pic) by mmb(m): 11:08pm On Aug 06, 2017
The Honda civic was offered fro 100,000.00 but the former minister offered to buy it at 3.2 million Naira.

Re: Fmr Justice Minister Aondoakaa Bidded For Car On Custom E-auction Site (pic) by nextprince: 11:11pm On Aug 06, 2017
Oboy, I don't understand the concept here o. undecided

A vehicle offered for 100k, he was giving out 3.2m, then he is deactivated, biko, what exactly am I missing? undecided
Re: Fmr Justice Minister Aondoakaa Bidded For Car On Custom E-auction Site (pic) by mmb(m): 11:28pm On Aug 06, 2017
nextprince:
Oboy, I don't understand the concept here o. undecided

A vehicle offered for 100k, he was giving out 3.2m, then he is deactivated, biko, what exactly am I missing? undecided
even in a dream, do you think that type of honda can sell for 2million?

Once you see a bidding is closed, that means no one was able to pay for it.

1 Like

Re: Fmr Justice Minister Aondoakaa Bidded For Car On Custom E-auction Site (pic) by nextprince: 11:29pm On Aug 06, 2017
mmb:
even in a dream, do you think that type of honda can sell for 2million?
Auction, it can be sold for any amount.
Re: Fmr Justice Minister Aondoakaa Bidded For Car On Custom E-auction Site (pic) by agabusta: 7:52am On Aug 07, 2017
nextprince:

Auction, it can be sold for any amount.

Customs has come out to describe such bidders bidding far far above the minimum price as fraudsters, who are trying to push out other potential bidders and ensuring the bid falls to the person below them.

It may be a planned strategy, for example, if the highest bid is 300k, Buddy A then bids 350k at almost the close of bidding, while buddy B quickly comes at the nick of time to bid 3.5m to discourage other people from placing a bid, after the bid closes and Buddy B does not pay the 3.5m, Buddy A of 350k becomes the winner.

Customs has arrived at this conclusion and has cancelled the winner becoming the 2nd highest bidder in the event the initial winner is unable to pay.

Now, the winner who is unable to pay is deactivated from participating in the process again and the item put up for fresh bidding process.

I think they have also reprogrammed their system not to allow such outrageous bids in relation to the minimum price of the item.

But I trust fraudulent Naija peeps to rediscover another way to circumvent the process.

I think they should be making people bid by paying 50% of the bid amount upfront, which will then be returned if they don't emerge successful, while successful bidders will just complete the other 50%.

Successful bidders who refuse to pay the balance will be made to forfeit the initial 50%.

This will go a long way in curbing unscrupulous and unserious bidders.

The only problem may be when they are to return the 50% funds of unsuccessful bidders. Their system may not have a robust technology to support this, and stories may start grin
Re: Fmr Justice Minister Aondoakaa Bidded For Car On Custom E-auction Site (pic) by nextprince: 8:16am On Aug 07, 2017
agabusta:

Customs has come out to describe such bidders bidding far far above the minimum price as fraudsters, who are trying to push out other potential bidders and ensuring the bid falls to the person below them.

It may be a planned strategy, for example, if the highest bid is 300k, Buddy A then bids 350k at almost the close of bidding, while buddy B quickly comes at the nick of time to bid 3.5m to discourage other people from placing a bid, after the bid closes and Buddy B does not pay the 3.5m, Buddy A of 350k becomes the winner.

Customs has arrived at this conclusion and has cancelled the winner becoming the 2nd highest bidder in the event the initial winner is unable to pay.

Now, the winner who is unable to pay is deactivated from participating in the process again and the item put up for fresh bidding process.

I think they have also reprogrammed their system not to allow such outrageous bids in relation to the minimum price of the item.

But I trust fraudulent Naija peeps to rediscover another way to circumvent the process.

I think they should be making people bid by paying 50% of the bid amount upfront, which will then be returned if they don't emerge successful, while successful bidders will just complete the other 50%.

Successful bidders who refuse to pay the balance will be made to forfeit the initial 50%.

This will go a long way in curbing unscrupulous and unserious bidders.

The only problem may be when they are to return the 50% funds of unsuccessful bidders. Their system may not have a robust technology to support this, and stories may start grin

Baba, many blessings fall on you for this bit by bit break down. Oboy, Nigerians and tricks are like 5 & 6.

And to think a former minister is involved in this act shows how greedy we can be. Something that should be made for average Nigerians, you a rich man want to displace those average Nigerians again, nawao. What kind of car can't he buy for God's sake?

Lol @ the emboldened. grin grin grin. It will eliminate sharp practices actually, especially of this nature.
Re: Fmr Justice Minister Aondoakaa Bidded For Car On Custom E-auction Site (pic) by agabusta: 8:51am On Aug 07, 2017
nextprince:

Baba, many blessings fall on you for this bit by bit break down. Oboy, Nigerians and tricks are like 5 & 6.

And to think a former minister is involved in this act shows how greedy we can be. Something that should be made for average Nigerians, you a rich man want to displace those average Nigerians again, nawao. What kind of car can't he buy for God's sake?

Lol @ the emboldened. grin grin grin. It will eliminate sharp practices actually, especially of this nature.

Thanks Bro, God bless you too. It may actually not be Aondoakaa, trust sharp Naija peeps. Its possible someone got hold of his TIN or used his details to generate a TIN.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Our Policies Created Stability – Goodluck Jonathan / Ex-president Jonathan Reveals Why He Conceded 2015 Election Tobuhari / Number Of Innocent People Buhari Has Killed From 2015-2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.