Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer (4419 Views)

Sex Scandal: Dr. Aduwo, Ekiti State University Lecturer Caught With Student / Olumuyiwa Oludayo: Sex Scandal Covenant University Lecturer Chat Leak By Student / Photo Of An Old University Of Ibadan Meal Voucher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer by Isiz(f): 1:46am On Aug 07, 2017
A 14-year-old boy is now studying for a maths degree while teaching math to adults at a university in the UK, and guess what makes him happy—he no longer needs to wear the school uniform.
Yasha Asley became the youngest student to be hired by the University of Leicester to run tutorials for adult students who need help with solving math problems while being a degree student himself, the Daily Mail reported.
He graduated from primary school and got a place in the university at the age of 12 in 2014 to study for a maths degree. He is now in his final year and is planning to start studying for a Ph.D.
He was offered the job when he was 13 years old after attending an interview. As he was too young, the staff at the university had to request for special permission from the Leicester city council to employ him.
Dubbed as a “human calculator”, he said, “I love maths because it is an exact science. It is the only science where you can prove what you say is correct. It is so easy and an enjoyable subject to study.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer by OmoOshodi(m): 3:49am On Aug 07, 2017
shocked
Re: Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer by eluquenson(m): 5:30am On Aug 07, 2017
He's simply a Genius

7 Likes

Re: Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer by PLATO1U(m): 5:41am On Aug 07, 2017
Hmmmm what a genius.
Re: Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer by Oladimejyy(m): 5:50am On Aug 07, 2017
Op can lie for japan of african

5 Likes

Re: Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer by THUNDAR(m): 6:54am On Aug 07, 2017
Who him wan teach Joker
Re: Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer by oldfoolnigger(m): 7:18am On Aug 07, 2017
shocked shocked shocked

25 year folks are still seeking admission in this part of the world cheesy

But oo,wetin em sabi teach em students
? smiley

3 Likes

Re: Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer by adajoe555: 9:26am On Aug 07, 2017
Toastedbread come and see oh
Re: Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer by teamv: 9:39am On Aug 07, 2017
too good
Re: Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer by toastedbread: 9:40am On Aug 07, 2017
adajoe555:
Toastedbread come and see oh
nothing is impossible.
Re: Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer by Victornezzar: 9:42am On Aug 07, 2017
Oladimejyy:
Op can lie for japan of african
You dey envy the young lad ahbi grin

1 Like

Re: Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer by Solosolojohquay: 9:52am On Aug 07, 2017
The boy is a wizard not ordinary .
Re: Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer by adegwurulez(m): 9:54am On Aug 07, 2017
He graduated from elementary school and went straight to the university skipping high school. Now he's about to go for PhD right from undergrad, again skipping masters. OP wehdone o.

2 Likes

Re: Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer by eleojo23: 10:25am On Aug 07, 2017
Mathematics of all things? shocked

Okay .. let me come and be going grin
Re: Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 07, 2017
adegwurulez:
He graduated from elementary school and went straight to the university skipping high school. Now he's about to go for PhD right from undergrad, again skipping masters. OP wehdone o.

Most pple who grow up and have their first degree in the UK and some developed countries with impressive grade point average don't really do masters ...they only register for masters...stay for 3months month and cross to PHD with a successful number of units acheived.... if u see whites with Bsc, MSC and phd certificates it's usually becos they ddnt do too well with first degree....
thats why u can easily see a 22year phd an by 30+ they are professors...I met a couple of them at iseyin in Oyo state camp when serving as a corper..that was the first time I heard It was possible. The girl I was toasting then had a PhD in computer science and software engineering at just 24..
As for the kid jumping highschool... dats not impossible naaa...he's genius, high school only prepare WAEC or GCE.. abroad, pple do home school alot especially when they have smart kids..so they just go for end of high school diploma exams what w call WAEC back home in Naija

1 Like

Re: Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer by francis003(m): 10:40am On Aug 07, 2017
shocked
Re: Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer by kingphilip(m): 10:42am On Aug 07, 2017
If my pikin no smart like this eh

Na football go be him career
Re: Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer by adegwurulez(m): 10:45am On Aug 07, 2017
1StopRudeness:

Most pple who grow up and have their first degree in the UK and some developed countries with impressive grade point average don't really do masters ...they only register for masters...stay for 3months month and cross to PHD with a successful number of units acheived .... if u see whites with Bsc, MSC and phd certificates it's usually becos they ddnt do too well with first degree....
thats why u can easily see a 22year phd an by 30+ they are professors...I met a couple of them at iseyin in Oyo state camp when serving as a corper..that was the first time I heard It was possible. The girl I was toasting then had a PhD in computer science and software engineering at just 24..
As for the kid jumping highschool... dats not impossible naaa...he's genius, high school only prepare WAEC or GCE.. abroad, pple do home school alot especially when they have smart kids..so they just go for end of high school diploma exams what w call WAEC back home in Naija
Well, technically speaking, they did M.Sc, at least that's what your bolded implied. In the case of this supposed "genius'', he neither registered for m.Sc nor accrue any required grade point.
Re: Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer by EtherealAnn(f): 10:51am On Aug 07, 2017
Isiz:
A 14-year-old boy is now studying for a maths degree while teaching math to adults at a university in the UK, and guess what makes him happy—he no longer needs to wear the school uniform.
Yasha Asley became the youngest student to be hired by the University of Leicester to run tutorials for adult students who need help with solving math problems while being a degree student himself, the Daily Mail reported.
He graduated from primary school and got a place in the university at the age of 12 in 2014 to study for a maths degree. He is now in his final year and is planning to start studying for a Ph.D.
He was offered the job when he was 13 years old after attending an interview. As he was too young, the staff at the university had to request for special permission from the Leicester city council to employ him.
Dubbed as a “human calculator”, he said, “I love maths because it is an exact science. It is the only science where you can prove what you say is correct. It is so easy and an enjoyable subject to study.”
i bet hes an asian .
they take genius to a whole new level
Re: Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer by EtherealAnn(f): 10:52am On Aug 07, 2017
Dubbed as a “human calculator”, he said, “I love maths because it is an exact science. It is the only science where you can prove what you say is correct. It is so easy and an enjoyable subject
Re: Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer by adexdon(m): 11:47am On Aug 07, 2017
I thought it happened somwia in north Nigeria
Re: Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer by binsanni(m): 12:01pm On Aug 07, 2017
adexdon:
I thought it happened somwia in north Nigeria
yes you are right in buharisms state, wink
jesu wey some of im mate they this niaraland they course trouble cheesy
Re: Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 07, 2017
adegwurulez:

Well, technically speaking, they did M.Sc, at least that's what
your bolded implied. In the case of this supposed "genius'', he neither registered for m.Sc nor accrue any required grade point.

It's a summarised story naaa...they will not explain in detail how he will go about having the phd, they know how it rolls out over without explaining in details

if I'm registering for MSc with the aim of just completing the 17credit in a few months required to cross to PHd...ofcourse I would be saying I'm getting ready for my phd even though I'm just about finishing my fist degree..which is the case with the kid
Re: Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer by mu2sa2: 12:07pm On Aug 07, 2017
adegwurulez:

Well, technically speaking, they did M.Sc, at least that's what your bolded implied. In the case of this supposed "genius'', he neither registered for m.Sc nor accrue any required grade point.
No argument - forget the m.sc or no m.sc thing. This boy is a super genius in maths and his story is all over UK.
Re: Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer by odoguma(m): 12:40pm On Aug 07, 2017
Recruiting Now!

Are you out of school and in need of a short term job to make money before resumption. Look no further.
Iroko Tv is now recruiting for Offline Sales Agent who will sell their subscription vouchers to existing and new customer.
Basic Salary: 25K
On-Time target: 40 to 60K and above.
Application is by sending in CV to erecruiter@erecnigeria.com with the email subject "Offline Sales Agent - (Location) "

They now have openings for Offline Sales Agents in various locations in Lagos.

Locations include:

- Ikeja
- Victoria Island
- Surulere
- Lekki
- Alimosho
- Isolo/Okota
- Yaba
- Ajah
- Maryland
- Trade Fair/Alaba
- Iyana Ipaja/Idimu
- Ketu
- Ikorodu
- Apapa
Re: Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer by Alitair(m): 2:52pm On Aug 07, 2017
Mathematics??!
Re: Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer by adajoe555: 4:09pm On Aug 07, 2017
toastedbread:
nothing is impossible.

somethings are
Re: Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer by adegwurulez(m): 4:23pm On Aug 07, 2017
mu2sa2:
No argument - forget the m.sc or no m.sc thing. This boy is a super genius in maths and his story is all over UK.
1StopRudeness:

It's a summarised story naaa...they will not explain in detail how he will go about having the phd, they know how it rolls out over without explaining in details

if I'm registering for MSc with the aim of just completing the 17credit in a few months required to cross to PHd...ofcourse I would be saying I'm getting ready for my phd even though I'm just about finishing my fist degree..which is the case with the kid
Alright then, Goodluck to the lad.
Re: Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer by muller101(m): 6:29pm On Aug 07, 2017
Op.

Re: Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer by HMZi: 6:34pm On Aug 07, 2017
am not jealous .
Re: Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer by oliidell(m): 6:51pm On Aug 07, 2017
I think he has graduated... Summa cum Laude. Last I heard, he was considering a Ph.D.
Re: Meet 14 Year Old University Lecturer by Paulpaulpaul(m): 8:30pm On Aug 07, 2017
I just google search the name, it is true

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lists Of Courses That Will Get You Employed After Graduation / Abroad Study Scholarship / TOP TEN MOST POWERFUL MILITARY IN THE WORLD[PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.