Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,633 members, 7,820,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Love Letter To The Church Of Ephesus(the Backslider) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Love Letter To The Church Of Ephesus(the Backslider) (392 Views)

The World And The Backslider (It is not a WWE with sin) / Oyedepo, Oyakhilome To Minister At Church Of God Missions 50th Anniversary / Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Letter To The Church Of Ephesus(the Backslider) by luvmijeje(f): 6:32am On Aug 07, 2017
Throughout this week I'll will working on the 7 Churches. Hopefully revelation will continue flowing in. This is my 11th thread on the book of Revelation. Check my profile for the previous threads.

Revelation 2:1-7
Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;

2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.

4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate.

7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
Re: Love Letter To The Church Of Ephesus(the Backslider) by luvmijeje(f): 6:33am On Aug 07, 2017
1. Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;

Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write;

Sir and Ma, this is the King of kings, The Lord of lords directing a letter to the angels of the church and not the church directly(I'm just seeing this part). So why will Christ direct a letter to an angel and not the church directly? I was taken to Ezekiel 48:35

35 It was round about eighteen thousand measures: and the name of the city from that day shall be, The Lord is there.

I can't see anything.. .. ... . Okayyyyy I've seen it.

The angel signify God's presence. And the church signify a believer. And what's the presence of God in a believer's life? The Holy Spirit. Wow. Ist Corinthians 6:19 says

19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Sir and Ma, Christ is addressing this letters to a believer. To you and I who carries the testimony of Christ. Who's baptized by the water and Spirit. While the name Ephesus signified the stages you and I are as believers. Wow.

These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand,

So what are the seven stars? Revelation 1:20 says

The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

They are the Holy Spirit of God. So does that mean there are 7 categories of Holy Spirit in a believer's life? And God told me, it signified the level of God's presence in a believer's life. Ephesians 3:20 says
20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

Sir and Ma, the level of His presence depends on what kind of believer we are. Christ holding the seven stars in His right hand signified His enduring love. His enduring faithfulness even in our unfaithfulness. Romans 8:35 says
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword?

who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;

According to revelation 1:20 The Seven golden candlesticks signified the seven churches which is you and I. Sir and Ma, Christ walking in the midst signified His ever ready presence only if we allow Him to come in. Revelation 3:20 says

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Re: Love Letter To The Church Of Ephesus(the Backslider) by luvmijeje(f): 6:33am On Aug 07, 2017
2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

I was about to ask God, if a believer is a Backslider, why is the Holy Spirit still in that person because I thought the Holy Spirit doesn't stay in a temple that's not Holy. Then I got to this verse. So let's break it down.

I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience,

This signified, that this believer is faithful when it comes to God's work. He doesn't joke with the things of God. He knows how hold on to God despite challenges and circumstances.

and how thou can't not bear them which are evil:

This signified that this believer don't associate with people who don't love God or the things of God.

and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

This signified, that he also has the gift of discernment.
Re: Love Letter To The Church Of Ephesus(the Backslider) by luvmijeje(f): 6:34am On Aug 07, 2017
3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.

And hast borne, and hast patience,

This signified, the long-suffering exhibited by this believer. It signified how long he hold on to His commandments.

and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.

This signified, the period of waiting for Christ's promises and despite the temptation, he or she stood firm.
Re: Love Letter To The Church Of Ephesus(the Backslider) by luvmijeje(f): 6:34am On Aug 07, 2017
4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee

Hmmmmm, this part is powerful. It means a but. Which means as believers we must continually check our standing with God. We must ensure we are still standing on Him.

because thou hast left thy first love.

This signified Backsliding. I've once been here.
5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen

It signified, all the good work Christ listed about him, he has stop doing one, two or all of them.

repent, and do the first works

Christ is calling you back to Him. He's pleading with you to go back to your good works.

or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent

What place will He remove you from if you refuses to repent? Revelation 1:13 says
13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
You will be cast out of His presence on the day of judgment.

except thou repent

Another call for repentance.
Re: Love Letter To The Church Of Ephesus(the Backslider) by luvmijeje(f): 6:36am On Aug 07, 2017
6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate.

So what are the deeds of the Nicolaitanes which Christ hated and the believer also hated? Revelation 2:2b

and how thou can't not bear them which are evil:

This signified that this believer don't associate with people who don't love God or the things of God.
Re: Love Letter To The Church Of Ephesus(the Backslider) by luvmijeje(f): 6:37am On Aug 07, 2017
7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches

This signified, the role of the Holy Spirit in the life of a believer. John 16:8 says

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

The role of conviction. If you're in the wrong, the Holy Spirit will tell you. You only need to hearken to the Spirit.

To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

This is a promise of eternal life. The tree of life Adam and Eve forfeited due to their disobedience. You will also forfeit it if you refuses to turn back to Him.
Re: Love Letter To The Church Of Ephesus(the Backslider) by marvelling(m): 8:58am On Aug 07, 2017
but you have not finished the other one na! grin
Re: Love Letter To The Church Of Ephesus(the Backslider) by luvmijeje(f): 9:43am On Aug 07, 2017
marvelling:
but you have not finished the other one na! grin

Thread updated.

Oga, if I had indeed sent myself, just this your nonsensical statement will not allow me to back to that thread. So you missed the part where I said my thread has-been imprisoned by Seun's anti-spam bot?

Please don't come back to any of my thread again.
Re: Love Letter To The Church Of Ephesus(the Backslider) by marvelling(m): 10:13am On Aug 07, 2017
luvmijeje:

Thread updated.

Oga, if I had indeed sent myself, just this your nonsensical statement will not allow me to back to that thread. So you missed the part where I said my thread has-been imprisoned by Seun's anti-spam bot?

Please don't come back to any of my thread again.

lol! why are you so touchy this morning?! grin wink

(1) (Reply)

Why Religion Should Not Divide Us / Pastor Chris Launch Loveworldusa Network / Why You Need To Stop Telling Lies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.