Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,794 members, 7,862,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:21 PM

N F F Oders Trapatonni, Hiddink To Abuja - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / N F F Oders Trapatonni, Hiddink To Abuja (687 Views)

Drogba Advises Hiddink To Resign Former Chelsea Star! / Stephen Keshi's Reaction When Asked About His Sack By The N.F.F / Injustice:n.f.f Is Heartless,owes Super Falcons Coach 2yrs Salary. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N F F Oders Trapatonni, Hiddink To Abuja by woye77: 1:37pm On Feb 12, 2010
Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has denied reports that they have concluded arrangement to meet with Republic of Ireland manager, Giovanni Trapattoni, Guus Hiddink as well as the other coaches in London Thursday next week.

Chairman of the NFF technical committee, Chief Taiwo Ogunjobi, said there was no iota of truth in the report just as he informed that all the candidates jostling for Shaibu Amodu’s job had been instructed to hit Abuja for interview.

“We never agreed to hold interview with any of the shortlisted coaches in London, and we have no plans to do that. The interview will still hold in Abuja as scheduled on February 26 and all the coaches on our wish list have been notified about the arrangement. Invitation letters have already been dispatched to them,” Chief Ogunjobi explained to SoccerStar.
He said the NFF would no more discuss the issue of foreign coach inside the pages of newspapers until the deal has been finally sealed.

“The issue of foreign coach has generated so much heat in the press that even the employers of the coaches are not happy about it. We don’t want to jeopardise the coaches and NFF interest, so we have decided to hold every discussion in utmost secrecy until we conclude discussions with them. Everybody should exercise patience. When we are ready, we will announce the name of the new coach.

Coaches are not employed in the pages of newspapers. Henceforth, we don’t want to talk about it any more,” the former 3SC and Julius Berger General Manager said in a tone of finality.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/sportsonthehour/2010/feb/12/sportsbreak-12-02-2010-001.htm
Re: N F F Oders Trapatonni, Hiddink To Abuja by Nobody: 2:04pm On Feb 12, 2010
@topic

NFF did not order,it invited them!
Re: N F F Oders Trapatonni, Hiddink To Abuja by azeeza(f): 4:19pm On Feb 12, 2010
NFF and their brouhaha.i taya jare sad
Re: N F F Oders Trapatonni, Hiddink To Abuja by snakova(m): 5:48pm On Feb 12, 2010
This lays credence to claims they just want to put on a show. We shall sew on the 26th
Re: N F F Oders Trapatonni, Hiddink To Abuja by Nobody: 11:26pm On Feb 15, 2010
When Shaibu Amodu was hired to lead the Super Eagles through qualifying, I wrote the following on my facebook page.

"I don't believe that Amodu is the best local coach in the country, on the back of this failure by Berti Vogts, I belive Amodu is being hired to fail so that the NFF can justify the need to hire a Foreign Coach on the eve of world cup"

You know what? Amodu did not fail as much as I expected him to but the NFF which were not necessarily interested Amodu's result in the first place and have decided to hire a Foreign Coach anyway. Well this has always been their agenda and nothing to do with Amodu's records.
There are better coaches than Amodu in the country and I see no need for any foreign coach and I want to ask the following.

What is the basis of chasing a Foreign Coach at this time? Do we plan to win the world cup?

If we are looking to win the world cup then I will say that hiring a new foreign coach 4 months to the finals is just how not to prepare, its too late.

If we are not planning to win the world cup, then what is the essence of spending so much on a Foreign Coach really?

I will suggest keeping Amodu as head coach and bringing in Siasia as Technical Adviser.

(1) (Reply)

Your 23 Out Of 30 SE Players For The World Cup / Nff, Lagerback And Eagles Failure / Amos Adamu - "I Am Not Guilty Of What They Are Saying About Me".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.