Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,465 members, 7,826,768 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

This Abuja Church Bans Tithes And Offerings, Gives Free Visa To Members - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Abuja Church Bans Tithes And Offerings, Gives Free Visa To Members (1548 Views)

Anglican Church Bans Use Of Brochure, Asoebi At Funerals / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" / Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Abuja Church Bans Tithes And Offerings, Gives Free Visa To Members by phensbassey: 5:01pm On Aug 07, 2017
In a country like Nigeria, where most churches constantly make money off their members, there is a church operating in Abuja which does not collect tithe or offering from its members.

The church is Givers Embassy, aka Home of Consular Generals, which was formally established in Abuja at the conference hall of 3J’s Hotel last Sunday, July 30, 2017. According to the pastor, the church is dedicated to the service of humanity especially Nigerians who are going through economic hardship.

The pastor, Edward Olutoke said: “Givers Embassy exists to raise Consular Generals for God’s kingdom on earth. We give visas to houses, cars and businesses. Above all, we give visas to things that make life meaningful. “These consular generals would, through their devotion to God’s word, worship, and worthy living, inspire the much needed spiritual and socio-economic transformation in their lives and that of others.

The problem of our society is greed. It’s not Boko Haram, it’s not Biafra. If we can solve the problem of greed in Nigeria, we will be better for it,” the pastor of the newly established church, Edward Olutoke said shortly after the first church service. “In Nigeria, we don’t give back to the society. People who give back, give peanuts. We don’t need to only feed the people who are in poverty, we need to give them life. Instead of giving them fish, we teach them how to catch the fish."

Speaking on why his church doesn’t collect tithes and offering, Olutoke said the vision came from God. “God told me that as the owner of the church, he would build and sustain the church. God asked me not to collect tithes and offering. We are to help the needy. God said any member of the church who wants to touch other people’s lives can do it directly to the needy.

The Holy Spirit is leading us and we don’t want people to believe that they must bring offering to church before they are blessed, no. If I give offering in the church while a woman close to me is dying of hunger, what have I done? "As a Christian, I should not allow that woman to die. The God who created the woman won’t be happy with me if I packaged an offering to the church while she is suffering."

NAIJ.com earlier reported that a social media user identified as @ozorchristian, shared a picture of a church's 'special offering' which he claims is from a Ghanaian church. According to the picture, the church offers as little as $240 (about N86,000) for a 24-hour miracle, and as much as $5,000, (N1.8m) for you to be elevated to a millionaire status.

Re: This Abuja Church Bans Tithes And Offerings, Gives Free Visa To Members by madridguy(m): 5:05pm On Aug 07, 2017
tongue
Re: This Abuja Church Bans Tithes And Offerings, Gives Free Visa To Members by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 07, 2017
I hate to sound like this, but...

Re: This Abuja Church Bans Tithes And Offerings, Gives Free Visa To Members by Oche211(m): 5:11pm On Aug 07, 2017
Hope they have enough money cos trust Nigerians, that church no go fit contain people in their next church.
Lalasticlala, which of the visas do u want?
House or car?
Re: This Abuja Church Bans Tithes And Offerings, Gives Free Visa To Members by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 07, 2017
Seen Osewa won't be happy with this.....

Re: This Abuja Church Bans Tithes And Offerings, Gives Free Visa To Members by Pierocash(m): 5:17pm On Aug 07, 2017
This church is trying to teach ppl hw to be poor
Re: This Abuja Church Bans Tithes And Offerings, Gives Free Visa To Members by Amberon11: 5:50pm On Aug 07, 2017
grin
Re: This Abuja Church Bans Tithes And Offerings, Gives Free Visa To Members by Amberon11: 5:50pm On Aug 07, 2017
What is your problem?
Pierocash:
Re: This Abuja Church Bans Tithes And Offerings, Gives Free Visa To Members by Topgainer: 6:44pm On Aug 07, 2017
Ordinarily, the Church will swell up with people in few months considering that many people have the yearnings to touch lives through such platforms and many too who are need will also come to be helped but watch as the business center churches halt the growth of that Church.
Charity and sharing were the keywords in the early Church. In sane countries Churches are registered as Charity organizations and the financial auditing there is as seen in other such organizations/foundations.

The second thing which the Church was known for is sharing words of encouragement from the Bible. A depressed man walks into a church and leaves with both words of encouragement and provisions for his immediate needs. Such immediate needs primarily do not exceed what we call basic needs of food, clothing and shelter. The sharing of the words takes precedence because it is believed that with soul-lifting words some can be inspired to challenge themselves and proffer solutions to their difficult problems.

Today, we have business centers built around a man who says to his sheeples
"bring all the money to me, because I and only I, are authorized to share it to the poor, or rather I will invest it for the poor through building Universities, Estates and Cooperations for the poor, they will be employed there "
"I am your ordained Levite priest, bring the tithe to me because I own no buildings, lands and businesses of my own"

Pastor Edward Olutoke is set to war against the ordained African "Levites" and they will fight to finish to maintain the status quo. They will dig up scriptures to back that the money should be given to the Bishop and the fake Levites who alone know how to share it to the poor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Abuja Church Bans Tithes And Offerings, Gives Free Visa To Members by Topgainer: 6:46pm On Aug 07, 2017
Pierocash:
This is one of such people who will fight to maintain the feudal status quo I spoke of in the previous post. cool
"Give and it shall be given unto you, good measure pressed down, shaken together and running over shall men give unto you." Now this passage and many others never stipulated that the Christian giving must go to Bishop Oyedepo or Apostle Rev King or ArchiBishop Duncan or to one Church or another. That Givers Church if there is no ulterior motive is actually teaching people true religion.
I have seen people envelope certain amount of money to church as seeds, tithes, partnership and offering while in the same compound he thinks and acts in ways suggesting that the money is too much to be given to the poor wretched neighbour of his whose only means of livelihood, a 5th hand taxi is suspended with wood logs in the same estate for months and another neighbour whose children are sent out of public secondary schools for inability to meet the 5k tuition fees. This church goer and religious tither believes the only thing he owes his neighbour is to compel him to be a member of his church where he runs to every Sunday with envelopes of his money, he believes everybody should bring tithe and other unnamed sums of money to his Bishop as Abraham did to Melchizedek.
My dear Sheeples, shine your eyes and learn from Jesus the meaning of true religion. Religion was made for man and not man for religion how much more Christianity. Legalism of tithes and other demands from the New Breeds is not Christianity.
Re: This Abuja Church Bans Tithes And Offerings, Gives Free Visa To Members by DeSepiero(m): 6:52pm On Aug 07, 2017
The idea and aim seems nice anyway.
Considering the fact that christianity has been so bastardized in Nigeria, I cant help but ask 'what's in it for them?'.

Perhaps, the founders are a humanitarian fraternity.

1 Like

Re: This Abuja Church Bans Tithes And Offerings, Gives Free Visa To Members by urheme: 7:25pm On Aug 07, 2017
Op abeg give me the address,

Jesus preached to them, healed them, cast out demons from them....all for free....then not only fed but gave them left overs as takeaway.

Jesus never collected tithe or offerings even when he preached in the temple..........This is my kind of pastor....If God Called you, He will provide the finances and material blessings to run His business.

Any pastor who demand money in any way it is called is definitely a thief......No pastor should have an account....when Jesus sent the 70 out to preach, He did not permit them to carry bag so they don't enrich them selves.

A church is a registered incorporated trustee......It is set up for charitable purposes......Go to CAC and check the Object of Churches....You will find out that all the churches have abandon their objects.

The big question is .......who are the beneficiaries of a church trust .......you will see the "Needy" in their CAC file embarassed.

In Nigeria the one and only needy is now the pastor and his Immediate family embarassed.

God is still looking for the one man that will get it right.

2 Likes

Re: This Abuja Church Bans Tithes And Offerings, Gives Free Visa To Members by urheme: 7:42pm On Aug 07, 2017
Topgainer:
Ordinarily, the Church will swell up with people in few months considering that many people have the yearnings to touch lives through such platforms and many too who are need will also come to be helped but watch as the business center churches halt the growth of that Church.
Charity and sharing were the keywords in the early Church. In sane countries Churches are registered as Charity organizations and the financial auditing there is as seen in other such organizations/foundations.

The second thing which the Church was known for is sharing words of encouragement from the Bible. A depressed man walks into a church and leaves with both words of encouragement and provisions for his immediate needs. Such immediate needs primarily does not exceed what we call basic needs of food, clothing and shelter. The sharing of the words takes precedence because it is believed that with soul-lifting words some can be inspired to challenge themselves and proffer solutions to their difficult problems.

Today, we have business centers built around a man who says to his sheeples
"bring all the money to me, because I and only I, are authorized to share it to the poor, or rather I will invest it for the poor through building Universities, Estates and Cooperations for the poor, they will be employed there "
"I am your ordained Levite priest, bring the tithe to me because I own no buildings, lands and businesses of my own"

Pastor Edward Olutoke is set to war against the ordained African "Levites" and they will fight to finish to maintain the status quo. They will dig up scriptures to back that the money should be given to the Bishop and the fake Levites who alone know how to share it to the poor.

Good one bro

We cannot afford any thing the churches of this generation has to offer......their school fees are high, their hospitals are expensive, their books are expensive and unreadable....They preach the gospel and sell it in CDs yet the Blue films, Nigerian home video and all the secular junks are cheaper....they sell their water just because they drill a borehole so they package it for sales grin grin grin grin grin grin...A church that sells water is a Bastard devil from the pit of Hell......Elisha sanitized the waters and did not package it for sales.

No Pentecostal pastor has been questioned or held to account by members... why .....Because the multitude you see are not actually members......Go to CAC and check the Church file......perhaps you may find just 5 to ten Members who may not even know that they are members.......so if you sneeze they sheep you out.

The promoter.....may be the only true member....this is indeed a "business Center"

1 Like

Re: This Abuja Church Bans Tithes And Offerings, Gives Free Visa To Members by Topgainer: 7:51pm On Aug 07, 2017
urheme:

Good one bro

We cannot afford any thing the churches of this generation has to offer......their school fees are high, their hospitals are expensive, their books are expensive and unreadable....They preach the gospel and sell it in CDs yet the Blue films, Nigerian home video and all the secular junks are cheaper....they sell their water just because they drill a borehole so they package it for sales grin grin grin grin grin grin...A church that sells water is a Bastard devil from the pit of Hell......Elisha sanitized the waters and did not package it for sales.

No Pentecostal pastor has been questioned or held to account by members... why .....Because the multitude you see are not actually members......Go to CAC and check the Church file......perhaps you may find just 5 to ten Members who may not even know that they are members.......so if you sneeze they sheep you out.

The promoter.....may be the only true member....this is indeed a "business Center"
Na so we see am
A den of thieves and robbers
Re: This Abuja Church Bans Tithes And Offerings, Gives Free Visa To Members by Pierocash(m): 9:44pm On Aug 07, 2017
Topgainer:
bro paying of tithe is not by force,Bishp Oyedepo didnt nor force anyone to pay tithe or offering,he didnt write malc 3:10.Whn has it become a crime for Men of God Like Oyedepo and the rest u mentioned to teach ppl what the bible says?If they teach ppl the bible and they obey by paying their tithes and offering,what is his offence.Paying of tithe is not by force just the same way education is not by force,bt for those that want their expectations met shouLd choose which part to follow.The bible made us understand that tithing procures Godly prosperity,is it Oyedepo that wrote the bible,he only teaches what the bible says so make ur choice cos nobody wil flog anyone for not paying tithe.The easiest way to keep a man financialy poor and socially stagnated is to tell him to stop paying tithe
This is one of such people who will fight to maintain the feudal status quo I spoke of in the previous post. cool
"Give and it shall be given unto you, good measure pressed down, shaken together and running over shall men give unto you." Now this passage and many others never stipulated that the Christian giving must go to Bishop Oyedepo or Apostle Rev King or ArchiBishop Duncan or to one Church or another. That Givers Church if there is no ulterior motive is actually teaching people true religion.
I have seen people envelope certain amount of money to church as seeds, tithes, partnership and offering while in the same compound he thinks and acts in ways suggesting that the money is too much to be given to the poor wretched neighbour of his whose only means of livelihood, a 5th hand taxi is suspended with wood logs in the same estate for months and another neighbour whose children are sent out of public secondary schools for inability to meet the 5k tuition fees. This church goer and religious tither believes the only thing he owes his neighbour is to compel him to be a member of his church where he runs to every Sunday with envelopes of his money, he believes everybody should bring tithe and other unnamed sums of money to his Bishop as Abraham did to Melchizedek.
My dear Sheeples, shine your eyes and learn from Jesus the meaning of true religion. Religion was made for man and not man for religion how much more Christianity. Legalism of tithes and other demands from the New Breeds is not Christianity.
Re: This Abuja Church Bans Tithes And Offerings, Gives Free Visa To Members by urheme: 12:22pm On Aug 08, 2017
Topgainer:

So on point.....and we wonder why some people become rooted in unbelief.......they obviously do not want to be robbed of their senses and money..........They have maintained that they can be good without God......God is actually proud of some unbelievers ( the good Samaritan )

We need to SANITIZE Christianity, it has obviously lost its meaning in our land......people actually serve their GOs the way they should serve God.....this is idol worshiping.

As real Christians... we cannot all shot our eyes to all the obvious flaws facing us.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Chukwuemeka Odumeje Aka The Lion Displays Another Interesting Talent (vid / What Is The Meaning Of Bible Believing Churches And Who Are They And Not? / How To Be A Catholic Monk?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.