Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,535 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Why Smoking Is NO For You If You Really Love Yourself - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Smoking Is NO For You If You Really Love Yourself (651 Views)

Warning- Death Due To Smoking Is Also SUICIDE!!! This Is Why. / Federal Government Lists 9 Places Where Smoking Is Prohibited / Photo Of A Mother Smoking And Breastfeeding Her Baby At The Same Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Smoking Is NO For You If You Really Love Yourself by lightblazingnow(m): 7:15pm On Aug 07, 2017
Why Smoking is no for you if you really love yourself
Save
How Smoking Harms Your Sinuses

You know smoking is bad for you — but cigarettes' or weed damage isn't confined to the lungs and throat: Smoking can take a toll on your sinuses, too.

To understand how smoking damages your sinuses, you need to know how your nose and sinuses help keep you healthy. The membranes in your nose and sinuses are constantly producing mucus that acts as a protective blanket for your whole respiratory system.

"The lining of the nose and sinuses is the same as the lining in the lung. There are cilia, or tiny hair-like structures, that clean the nose, sinuses, and lungs of airborne particulate matter, bacteria, and mucus,” explains Kathleen L. Yaremchuk, MD, an ENT (ear, nose, and throat) doctor and chairman of the department of otolaryngology at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit. “Smoking causes the cilia to stop working, which predisposes the smoker to increased infections of the lungs and sinuses."

The nose and sinuses produce about one to two quarts of mucus every day, according to Samer Fakhri, MD, associate professor of otolaryngology at the University of Texas Medical School in Houston. "Normally, all that mucus travels to the back of your throat and you swallow it. When the cilia are damaged by smoking, the mucus backs up in the sinuses and bacteria start to multiply there. This can lead to a sinus infection.”

The Link Between Smoking and ENT Issues ( ear, nose and throat )

As soon as you inhale tobacco smoke, or weed, it starts to irritate your whole upper airway. Irritating gases like ammonia and formaldehyde cause your nose and sinuses to produce more mucus. You become more susceptible to colds and allergies and, eventually, to cancer of the throat and lungs.

Dr. Fakhri says there are additional ENT-related hazards linked to smoking:

Chronic sinusitis. "If you continue to smoke when you have a sinus infection, you are more likely to develop chronic sinusitis," he says.Compromised surgical results."If you need surgery for sinus disease, the results are much worse for smokers," says Fakhri.

Negative effects on senses

Smoking can lead to a decreased sense of taste and of smell.

Cancer

Prolonged exposure to smoking has been linked to nose and sinus cancers.Second-hand smoke."Secondhand smoke has been linked to snoring, respiratory infections, and ear infections in children," warns Fakhri.

Fakhri also says that smoking has been shown to decrease immune function, which is your body's defense mechanism against diseases. Once you stop smoking, he says, it can take the nose and sinuses several months to several years to get back to normal.

Smokers spend 25 percent more time in the hospital than nonsmokers, Smokers are twice as likely to die before age 65, and may lose up to 20 minutes of life for every cigarette or weed they smoke.

ENT doctors ( ear nose and throat ) see the up-close results of smoking on the nose, sinuses, and throat, so their advice is based on experience: Smoking and good sinus health don't mix.

Spiritual facts and what the Almighty God has to say about smoking

Many have erroneously believe that Smoking isn't mentioned in the Bible and so most people have continued with Smoking. Damaging their entire lives because of the lack of revealed knowledge. I will gladly show it to you. In fact the lord God Almighty hates it and spoke with such bitterness against smoking and smokers. Are you ready to see it. Alright let us shed more light on this

Isaiah 65: account..

I have spread out my hands all the day unto a rebellious people, which walks in a way that was not good, after their own thoughts; A people that provokes me to anger continually to my face; that sacrifices in gardens, and burning incense upon altars of brick; Which remain among the graves, and lodge in the monuments, which eat swine's flesh, and broth of abominable things is in their vessels; Which say, Stand by yourself, come not near to me; for I am holier than you.

These are a smoke in my nose, a fire that's​ burning all the day.

The same way Smoking affects the nose, ear and throat of humanity, so the Almighty God is complaining about smoking on his nose. He does not like it. He says this smoke is disturbing my nose. He says it's like burning yourself with fire all the day. And then he warned that he is going to pay them back for defiling his temple, your body.

Behold, it is written before me: I will not keep silence, but will recompense, even recompense into their bosom,

1 Corinthians 6: account

What? know you not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which you have of God, and you are not your own? For you are bought with a price: therefore glorify God Almighty in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

2 Corinthians 6: account

And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? for you are the temple of the living God Almighty; as God Almighty has said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God Almighty, and they shall be my people.

Wherefore come out from among them, and be you separate, said the LORD God Almighty, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, said the Lord Almighty.

1 Corinthians 3: account

If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. Know you not that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelling in you?

If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple you are. Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemed to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He takes the wise in their own craftiness. And again, The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

Re: Why Smoking Is NO For You If You Really Love Yourself by lightblazingnow(m): 5:15am On Aug 08, 2017
Surely No
Re: Why Smoking Is NO For You If You Really Love Yourself by lightblazingnow(m): 9:59am On Aug 08, 2017
Sure thing quickly rebuke
Re: Why Smoking Is NO For You If You Really Love Yourself by lightblazingnow(m): 6:11am On Aug 09, 2017
You have to stop
Re: Why Smoking Is NO For You If You Really Love Yourself by lightblazingnow(m): 3:45pm On Aug 09, 2017
It's big no
Re: Why Smoking Is NO For You If You Really Love Yourself by lightblazingnow(m): 4:05pm On Aug 11, 2017
Sure

(1) (Reply)

Things You Should Know Before Taking Ibrupofen / How Much Is The PRP Procedure For Hair Loss And How Often Should The Treatments / Signs That Your Woman Is Not A Virg!n, She’s Lying ( A Must See)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.