Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) (18947 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Exercising With His Church Members (Photos) / Members Of Salvation Ministry Blasted For Buying Their PAPA A Private Jet / I Only Defrauded Them Of N186m – Pastor Arrested For Scamming Members Of N500m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) by BoneBlogger(m): 9:22pm On Aug 07, 2017
Enugu State Police Command on Monday announced the arrest of a popular Enugu cleric, Bishop Ginika Obi of the City of Liberation and Comfort Ministry for allegedly defrauding some members of his church and the general public through an illegal financial institution.

A press statement by Enugu State Police Public Relations Officer, (PPRO) Ebere Amaraizu, Superintendent of Police (SP), and made available to journalists, stated that Bishop Obi is now helping the operatives of the Commissioner of Police Enugu Monitoring Unit, following his arrest over the weekend from a hotel in a Enugu from where he has been taking refuge, having evaded arrest for several months.

“Before now, the suspect, who hails from Unuaku Uli in Ihiala Local Government Area of Anambra State, was a Bishop in charge of City of Liberation and Comfort Ministry Enugu and in charge of an alleged financial NGO known as Build Your Generational Organisation (BGO) where his victims are made to invest with a hope of reaping a bumper financial dividend.

“It was learnt that his victims are numerous and with various degrees of complaint of huge amount of swindled from them without any thing to show for it,” Amaraizu said.

According to the PPRO, the suspect on noticing that police operatives were on his trail based on the complaint of alleged swindling of some suspected members of the public/victims of money to the tune of N500 million, escaped and relocated to Asaba in Delta state to avoid being nabbed by the operatives.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/08/popular-enugu-pastor-arrested-defrauding-church-members-others-photo.html

1 Share

Re: Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) by BoneBlogger(m): 9:22pm On Aug 07, 2017
cc; lalasticlala
Re: Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) by Nwodosis(m): 9:23pm On Aug 07, 2017
Popular?
Re: Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) by Topgainer: 9:38pm On Aug 07, 2017
where his victims are made to invest with a hope of reaping a bumper financial dividend.

He is not yet popular if all he could swindle over that long period of time was N500 million.
The popular Bishops get a quarter of that sum on a good Sunday from the Headquarters alone and as the week goes, alerts will be coming from the numerous branches who are mandated to remit 70-100% made from the franchise. Annual or quarterly meetings usually week long ensure the daily target of N500 million is exceeded. These species of Bishops can afford a Division of the Army, Central Police Department, a centurion of uniformed servants and a bench of jury.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) by fk001(m): 9:47pm On Aug 07, 2017
Ohh gosh cry not my fltatrons again.

No he must be an Ipob pastor.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) by 1Sharon(f): 2:28am On Aug 08, 2017
I have said it before. Scamming and pastoring are nt much different

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) by PrettyCrystal: 8:17am On Aug 08, 2017
lalasticlala
Re: Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 08, 2017
The yahoo boy really manipulated the minds of the ever loyal sheep's.........

A lesson to the "over religious" gullible dummies.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) by NwaAmaikpe: 11:33am On Aug 08, 2017
shocked

Gone are the days when pastors cared about the salvation and eternity of their members

Now they only preach wealth and faith.

But the bible makes it clear that what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his soul.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) by Husty(m): 11:33am On Aug 08, 2017
By their flat head you shall know them.

Now I see the reason why they put on this headwarmer to cover their flat head face in shame tongue

Headwarmer gangstars

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) by vizkiz: 11:33am On Aug 08, 2017
500 million?

This is just absurd! No wonder some people think church business is a good business. Folks like these tarnish the image of real men of God. I blame the gullible fool who dropped such amount of money in the first place. undecided

Any pastor/Alfa who asks for a kobo for any "work of the ministry" from you is simply fake!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) by Lukmann1: 11:33am On Aug 08, 2017
All this pastors should be putted in jails for a very long time of period.rubbish
Re: Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) by Mac2016(m): 11:34am On Aug 08, 2017
Good for gullible Christians. They are lazy and they refuse to know Jesus after discovering him. The slothful man roasteth not that which he took in hunting: but the substance of the diligent is precious. Proverb 12:27.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) by edeXede: 11:34am On Aug 08, 2017
embarassed

NwaAmaikpe, what do you have to say.

Your families are breaking record.. Two outbreaking headlines in two days. Every headline was a hit back to back

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) by exlinkleads(f): 11:34am On Aug 08, 2017
good for him

If Daddy Freeze talk now, una go say crucify him... Sha una don see ..

In another news, See The Pretty Young Girl Identified As One Of The Victim Of Ozubulu Church Massacre

More @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/08/this-pretty-young-girl-identified-as.html

Re: Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) by descrisom(m): 11:34am On Aug 08, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) by CAPSLOCKED: 11:35am On Aug 08, 2017

LOL
SIMPLE TRICK.
WORKS EVERYTIME.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) by emmyw(m): 11:35am On Aug 08, 2017
Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) by Horlawale1(m): 11:36am On Aug 08, 2017
End time pastor grin grin grin
Re: Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) by brainpulse: 11:36am On Aug 08, 2017
qewdqw
Re: Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) by empressSkincare(f): 11:36am On Aug 08, 2017
Yahoo Yahoo end time pastor.

PLEASE CHECK MY SIGNATURE!

1 Like

Re: Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) by janeIBfashion(f): 11:36am On Aug 08, 2017
pasitor pasitor

1 Like

Re: Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) by Moreoffaith(m): 11:36am On Aug 08, 2017
grin

And the gullible ones will say touch not my ANOINTING

AWON GOD OF MEN DEDE.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) by freebrowsingtime: 11:37am On Aug 08, 2017
1Sharon:
I have said it before. Scamming and pastoring are nt much different

What about scamming and Islam? Do you know any f**king thing about Islam grin grin grin grin Fool!
Re: Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) by STUPUDTHEISTS: 11:37am On Aug 08, 2017
Shine your eyes theists. All these men of the cloth are running a big con, including Adeboye and Oyedepo.

These guys are smart (scammers) feasting on your gullibility.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) by 0b100100111: 11:37am On Aug 08, 2017

Blood of Chris Brown!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) by ajalawole(m): 11:37am On Aug 08, 2017
Its in dea blood. Awon yahoo yahoo pastors

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) by snowden9(m): 11:37am On Aug 08, 2017
I have to say, it's news like this that have made me to put a pause on my paying of tithe. I do give to people in need but I've made it a priority to give more to people in need than tithing. It doesn't mean i won't tithe again but seriously, tithing is a biblical issue that isn't very plain. This is another topic sha.
Re: Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) by nextprince: 11:37am On Aug 08, 2017
Key words here are;

Ginika Obi ~ ibo

Enugu ~ SE

Anambra ~SE

Defrauded
grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) by VanBommel(m): 11:38am On Aug 08, 2017
Naso, I'm not surprised

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Pastor Arrested For Defrauding Church Members Of 500Million (Photo) by bidexolumanish(m): 11:38am On Aug 08, 2017
why is his head so flat embarassed undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Preaches On The Road With Reggae Music In Lagos / Benevolent Muslims In The House! A Christian Needs To Eat Sallah Ram / Biblically, Should Women Preach Or Pastor Inside The Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.