Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,241 members, 7,836,152 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Atiku Decries ‘death Wish’ For Igbo, Warns Against Genocide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Decries ‘death Wish’ For Igbo, Warns Against Genocide (855 Views)

2023 Not For Igbo – Primate Ayodele / FFK And Wife, Precious Arrive Enugu For Igbo And Yoruba Summit / Nnamdi Kanu Will Continue Agitation For Igbo Nation – Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Decries ‘death Wish’ For Igbo, Warns Against Genocide by Nkemakonam62: 6:02am On Aug 08, 2017
Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has decried what he termed a song wishing Igbo people dead. He, therefore, warned that Nigeria should not be made to witness genocide like Rwanda.

Abubakar noted that the song, currently circulating in parts of the federation, could trigger a major crisis reminiscent of the Rwandan experience.Hundreds of thousands of Rwandans were killed in an inter-ethnic conflict between the Hutus and Tutsis in the East African country in 1994 following the death of their president, Juvénal Habyarimana, in a plane crash.
In a statement yesterday from his media office in Abuja, Abubakar urged Nigerians to condemn what he said was “reminiscent of the beginning of the Rwandan genocide.”The former president called on security agencies to fish out those responsible for the song, which he declined details.

He said: “It has come to my attention that a song disparaging people of Igbo origin, and which wishes them dead, is circulating in some parts of the nation. I totally and unequivocally condemn this development, and I call on all men of goodwill to rise up against this evil.
“This song is reminiscent of the beginnings of the Rwandan genocide. Nigerians need to be aware that the incident was believed to have been ignited by a song titled Nanga Abahutu (I hate Hutus), sung by the country’s then most popular musician, Simon Bikindi. God forbid that we should have such a déjà vu in Nigeria.”
He went on: “I call on the security agencies to thoroughly and decisively swing into action and apprehend, try, convict and severely punish those behind this ungodly song which incites racial hatred.
“Simon Bikindi was convicted by the International Criminal Tribunal for igniting and aiding the genocide. Thus, let those who think they can treat their fellow citizens so unjustly know that within and outside Nigeria exist mechanisms that will ensure they answer to their crimes.
“I call on all men of goodwill to remember those immortal lines from our former national anthem that ‘though tribe and tongue may differ, in brotherhood we stand’.”
In another development, professionals and civil society groups from Edo and Delta states are meeting tomorrow in Benin City to chart a future for the defunct Midwest region.
Congregating under the aegis of The Midwest Movement, the participants are to deliberate on how the region could get a better deal in the face of numerous calls for the restructuring of Nigeria.
The conveners include renowned playwright, Dr. Don Pedro Obaseki; Nollywood star, Richard Mofe Damijo; Senator Domingo Obende; Senior Lecturer in the Faculty of Law, University of Benin, Professor Edoba Omoregie; former presidential adviser, Professor Echefuna Onyebeadi; Dr. Chris Itsede; Iyobosa Uwugiaren and Ide Eguabor.
full ddtails at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/08/atiku-decries-death-wish-for-igbo-warns.html

Re: Atiku Decries ‘death Wish’ For Igbo, Warns Against Genocide by fk001(m): 6:20am On Aug 08, 2017
He wants to act like a patriot that he is not.

Trying hard to get Igbo's endorsement, and i bet you he will.

Nigeria is one, there will be no civil war or anything as such.

God bless federal republic of Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Decries ‘death Wish’ For Igbo, Warns Against Genocide by softmind24: 6:28am On Aug 08, 2017
cool
Re: Atiku Decries ‘death Wish’ For Igbo, Warns Against Genocide by Deji124(m): 6:30am On Aug 08, 2017
Atiku abubakar fuvk u die they should who na your papa and mama dey go arrest
Re: Atiku Decries ‘death Wish’ For Igbo, Warns Against Genocide by omenka(m): 6:33am On Aug 08, 2017
cheesy

Re: Atiku Decries ‘death Wish’ For Igbo, Warns Against Genocide by Nobody: 6:33am On Aug 08, 2017
fk001:

Amen. Even though I want the igbos to be taught a lesson, I pray there is no war because it would have reverberating effects on Africa and the world at large. We have no choice but to ignore the igbos for what they are. We have defeated them already and they are frustrated. We won't go to war due to their insults.
Re: Atiku Decries ‘death Wish’ For Igbo, Warns Against Genocide by chukkystar(m): 6:34am On Aug 08, 2017
Nigeria can Never be Rwanda.. Rwanda had only Hutus and Tutsis, Nigeria has too many ethnic groups
Re: Atiku Decries ‘death Wish’ For Igbo, Warns Against Genocide by Atiku2019: 6:37am On Aug 08, 2017
A True Patriot will always condemn this act by a few misguided Northern Youths?

Has PMB or El-Rurai condemned this too?

Good Morning to the BMC crews above

Re: Atiku Decries ‘death Wish’ For Igbo, Warns Against Genocide by simplyhonest(m): 6:37am On Aug 08, 2017
this man just want to be relevant... he should know by now that if 99% of votes from a particular region couldn't re-elect GEJ.... what will be his own gain...
Re: Atiku Decries ‘death Wish’ For Igbo, Warns Against Genocide by venril(m): 6:40am On Aug 08, 2017
Nigeria can never be one. Yorubas are agitating, the Igbos are agitating, the South-south are also agitatiting, very soon the middle belt will start their own...the only people that still want one Nigeria are the northerners. Why can't the northerners agree to disagree and support restructuring and true federalism. Restructuring is the best thing for nigeria, atleast through this, states that don't have any reasonable source of income will start thinking and maybe they will start using their natural resources well...Nigerians should know that there are countries that don't have half of the resources Nigeria have but are far better than us.
Re: Atiku Decries ‘death Wish’ For Igbo, Warns Against Genocide by AngryRebel: 6:42am On Aug 08, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Amen. Even though I want the igbos to be taught a lesson, I pray there is no war because it would have reverberating effects on Africa and the world at large. We have no choice but to ignore the igbos for what they are. We have defeated them already and they are frustrated. We won't go to war due to their insults.
Just look at d hatred gushing out of d s*hit hole u call a mouth. An imbe*cile like u are one of the major problem in dis country,

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Decries ‘death Wish’ For Igbo, Warns Against Genocide by ipobarecriminals: 6:46am On Aug 08, 2017
sad grin grin undecided undecided grin shocked grin grin undecided undecided kiss undecided sad sad grin grin nobody wish/want Ipob PIGS/IDIOTS (KANU 2017) dead.Tell that yellow pawpaw to stop his hate/war speech /song.We are NIGERIAN not TERRORIST. Anyway baba 71,u can't deceive us,we will not vote 4 u.
Re: Atiku Decries ‘death Wish’ For Igbo, Warns Against Genocide by Rucheen(m): 7:05am On Aug 08, 2017
Atiku Atiku Atiku
Re: Atiku Decries ‘death Wish’ For Igbo, Warns Against Genocide by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 08, 2017
fk001:

you should be ashamed of your own self
Re: Atiku Decries ‘death Wish’ For Igbo, Warns Against Genocide by tobillionaire(m): 7:09am On Aug 08, 2017
wise people will start storing food stuffs now in case of incasity.... things will happen on October 1st o
Re: Atiku Decries ‘death Wish’ For Igbo, Warns Against Genocide by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:12am On Aug 08, 2017
That's nice even though it could be political. An unrefined mind calls for war where the situation could be settled by mere words. http://www.mortalpoet.com/can-conquer-depression-uplift-mind-urbanization-lifestyle-vs-urbanization-mind/
Re: Atiku Decries ‘death Wish’ For Igbo, Warns Against Genocide by truefact: 7:15am On Aug 08, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Since you diabolical want the igbos to be taught a lesson, why then do you hate a separate country where there will be no Igbo... One can never truly understand demonic people like you...you are simply a witch...

Let me remind you, though hate against Igbo's unite you all evil Nigerians, but this time around, it will one on one, no more the entire Nigeria and British against the Igbo's.... This time will be solely either Yoruba against Igbo's or Hausa Fulani against Igbo's.... So igbos fear no fall

Also, let this be known to your conehead skull and tiger face... Yoruba's have never defeated igbos, Hausa Fulani's have never defeated, but the British and entire Nigeria have defeated igbos..
Re: Atiku Decries ‘death Wish’ For Igbo, Warns Against Genocide by SHAKABOOM: 7:49am On Aug 08, 2017
fk001:

On Oct 1 we stand,no going back..Dey should better start de killing already..I am comfidentlly telling yu Nigeria nogo survive another war and the opputunity is here.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Decries ‘death Wish’ For Igbo, Warns Against Genocide by fk001(m): 9:46am On Aug 08, 2017
Alaniyiokorausa:
you should be ashamed of your own self

Why should i be ashamed of myself?

Are you a war monger?
Re: Atiku Decries ‘death Wish’ For Igbo, Warns Against Genocide by ZZ22: 9:59am On Aug 08, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Whats holding you? The hate you have for Igbos will kill you
Re: Atiku Decries ‘death Wish’ For Igbo, Warns Against Genocide by SweetJoystick(m): 10:04am On Aug 08, 2017
Bloody times ahead if one life is killed, there will be reprisal attacks in the south
Re: Atiku Decries ‘death Wish’ For Igbo, Warns Against Genocide by Advent17(m): 10:15am On Aug 08, 2017
Let nigeria try it.....we shall see....
Re: Atiku Decries ‘death Wish’ For Igbo, Warns Against Genocide by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 08, 2017
If Arewa people don't know, chasing Igbo's out of the north is a win for Nnamdi KANU and will hastern the actualization of the new state.

(1) (Reply)

Chaos In Owerri Imo State - Where Did Imolites Went Wrong / Nigerian Senators Earn More Than US President - Sagay Blasts NASS / Uk, France Deny Ipob And Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.