Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Native Attire To Interview...allow Or Not? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Native Attire To Interview...allow Or Not? (16122 Views)

Because Of These Mistakes In The Cover Letter, You Re Not Invited To Interview / Please Help A Sister No Money for Tfare To Go To Interview on friday / This Is What I Wore To Interview Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Native Attire To Interview...allow Or Not? by mine85(m): 10:11am On Aug 08, 2017
My current job, na senator clothes I wore to the interview, was called to come for the second day... Another senator. ... Only me wore native that day kwa...
Re: Native Attire To Interview...allow Or Not? by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 08, 2017
yes very well, with cap and agbada
Re: Native Attire To Interview...allow Or Not? by Bestchisom(m): 10:37am On Aug 08, 2017
Kondomatic:
Interview where? The king's palace??

maybe shrine
Re: Native Attire To Interview...allow Or Not? by Smartjob1(f): 10:53am On Aug 08, 2017
It depends on the type of job involved. If you are going for the post of a news caster in any of the national TVs, wear Nigerian Native. Of course, you cant broadcast on NTA on suit. E no go work!

See my signature if you dey find job. Sign up. It is free!
Re: Native Attire To Interview...allow Or Not? by Matam(f): 11:19am On Aug 08, 2017
Yes, if you are in the core of Northern Nigeria. I attended an interview for government job and most of the Hausa women wore native and looked good.
Re: Native Attire To Interview...allow Or Not? by Adeyeancah(m): 11:23am On Aug 08, 2017
Re: Native Attire To Interview...allow Or Not? by Googleus(m): 11:27am On Aug 08, 2017
this one weak me
sagerasaq:
Brother!!! Rock it wella but dont appear richer Dan ur HR..
Yes yu can
Re: Native Attire To Interview...allow Or Not? by PINES: 11:38am On Aug 08, 2017
rationalmind:
This is one fantasy I never got to fulfill, my next interview will definitely be in a native attire.
Please do it, and share your experience.
Re: Native Attire To Interview...allow Or Not? by PINES: 11:40am On Aug 08, 2017
SmartMugu:
Of course. At least you're not going to the interview n.aked.
Be the first to try it, everyone else will be proud of you if you manage to get the job.
Cheers.
"If"?
Re: Native Attire To Interview...allow Or Not? by PINES: 11:43am On Aug 08, 2017
martyns303:
No
Why?
Re: Native Attire To Interview...allow Or Not? by ziga: 11:53am On Aug 08, 2017
Isn't it mental slavery that our traditional attires are not acceptable for job interviews (going by NL responses)

Before colonization by our slave masters, what did we wear to work?

So, those that wear traditional attires to church or events are being unprofessional?

1 Like

Re: Native Attire To Interview...allow Or Not? by redsun(m): 12:20pm On Aug 08, 2017
As long as it is smart and functional. We live in whiteman's world that is why everything that makes sense to him do make sense to us,even though it is not practical or sustainable reality to us.
Re: Native Attire To Interview...allow Or Not? by Chiccly(f): 12:49pm On Aug 08, 2017
If you like wear Agbada,na you sabi.

Anything wey you hear/see,take it like that.
Re: Native Attire To Interview...allow Or Not? by Laredojohn(m): 1:05pm On Aug 08, 2017
Lolz maybe government job.... That your interview is just for formality sake
Re: Native Attire To Interview...allow Or Not? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 08, 2017
You can if you're the only expert in Nigeria suited for that job. In fact if you go naked you may still get the job.
Re: Native Attire To Interview...allow Or Not? by mayemmie1(f): 8:53pm On Aug 08, 2017
famozair:
Is native attire allowed as dress code for interview...especially on Friday?....

Yes you can, i think the way the outfit is combined is what really matters. you don't have to put on very traditional wears. people put on jackets made from Ankara on Fridays and still look smart and corporate.

1 Like

Re: Native Attire To Interview...allow Or Not? by famozair: 4:28am On Aug 09, 2017
wow....Thanks for all your comments....over 11,000 viewers....Nairalander u are Great...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chevron Nigeria Internship 2021 /2022 / Job Interviews Tips For Success (photo) / How We’ll Create Jobs Through 365 Festivals In Nigeria – Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.