Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,977 members, 7,814,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

China Decries Barack Obama's Plan To Meet Dalai Lama - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / China Decries Barack Obama's Plan To Meet Dalai Lama (747 Views)

Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. / Protesters Plan To Bombard Thatcher’s Coffin With Eggs, Coal Or Milk / South Africa Rejects The Dalai Lama ( China's Puppet) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Decries Barack Obama's Plan To Meet Dalai Lama by princekevo(m): 5:40pm On Feb 12, 2010
China has again urged the United States to cancel a planned meeting between President Barack Obama and the Tibetan spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama.

The two men will meet at the White House on 18 February, US spokesman Robert Gibbs has confirmed.

The meeting this month will take place in the White House Map Room, not the symbolic surroundings of the Oval Office, where Mr Obama normally meets foreign leaders and VIP guests.

President George W Bush also met the Dalai Lama at the White House.

The planned meeting comes soon after China expressed strong displeasure at the sale of $6.4bn (£4bn) worth of US weapons to Taiwan.

Beijing regards Taiwan as a Chinese territory to be reunified by force if necessary.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8511912.stm

hmmmm, I sensed some kinda cloud getting thicken, hope it doesnt rain heavily soon. cheesy
Re: China Decries Barack Obama's Plan To Meet Dalai Lama by JeSoul(f): 7:04pm On Feb 16, 2010
Obama should meet the Dalai Lama, take pictures making faces and send it to the Chinese authorities.

Instead of them to focus on their numerous human rights issues and crude policies they're whining about who's meeting the Lama.
Re: China Decries Barack Obama's Plan To Meet Dalai Lama by rikkyjen(m): 8:40pm On Feb 18, 2010
JeSoul:

Obama should meet the Dalai Lama, take pictures making faces and send it to the Chinese authorities.

Instead of them to focus on their numerous human rights issues and crude policies they're whining about who's meeting the Lama.

If they pull out all their 800 billion dollars treasury bonds, I would see what you will say. And watch Uncle Sam jack up the Fed income tax to 50%(Ask the high income earners in England) to service the debt and deficit! grin. WHen that happens, i hope you would run back to your tiny village in. . . . where be ur village agai?!

All this romanticism for the Dalali Lama has to stop! He has his interest and the US has its own interest. America needs China (and vice versa too though, its symbiotic) but we need them way more on issues such as Iran, Climate change blah blah.

WHether you like it or not, we are deferring to the Chinese now! You know Obama was supposed to meet the Dalai before his trip to Beijieng, but he cancelled on him cos he woulda heard wien from Hu Jintao and Wienbao grin grin grin. We need to come down from the high horse and know that we are not the shy@te again!

Never has America been this weak, humble and in deferrence to a mai-mai emerging power. America did not even bow to the Soviets like this. . So babes bone all those human rights talk spewed by the mainstream media.

Human rights my dudu yansh, didn't Obama pay obeisance and bow to the Saudi King as if Abdullah na him papa? What about the romance between Egypt and USA with Mubbrack holding sway and Egypt in a state of emergency for the past 20-25 years or more. . . .

As i always posit, the Unipolar moment is ending or has even ended gan, so we need to start taking the Chinese serious before them do us strong thing with their other policies which would be way worse than the current Yuan/Dollar undervaluing dispute!

By the way Babes, Dalami lama ko, Delay Aina ni! grin grin grin
Re: China Decries Barack Obama's Plan To Meet Dalai Lama by JeSoul(f): 10:00pm On Feb 18, 2010
rikkyjen:

If they pull out all their 800 billion dollars treasury bonds, I would see what you will say. And watch Uncle Sam jack up the Fed income tax to 50%(Ask the high income earners in England) to service the debt and deficit! grin. WHen that happens, i hope you would run back to your tiny village in. . . . where be your village agai?!

All this romanticism for the Dalali Lama has to stop! He has his interest and the US has its own interest. America needs China (and vice versa too though, its symbiotic) but we need them way more on issues such as Iran, Climate change blah blah.

WHether you like it or not, we are deferring to the Chinese now! You know Obama was supposed to meet the Dalai before his trip to Beijieng, but he cancelled on him cos he woulda heard wien from Hu Jintao and Wienbao grin grin grin. We need to come down from the high horse and know that we are not the shy@te again!

Never has America been this weak, humble and in deferrence to a mai-mai emerging power. America did not even bow to the Soviets like this. . So babes bone all those human rights talk spewed by the mainstream media.
We need China, there is no question about that. But that does not mean Obama should be bending to their every request however misguided they may be.

Human rights my dudu yansh, didn't Obama pay obeisance and bow to the Saudi King as if Abdullah na him papa? What about the romance between Egypt and USA with Mubbrack holding sway and Egypt in a state of emergency for the past 20-25 years or more. . . .
That one na another case jare grin

As i always posit, the Unipolar moment is ending or has even ended gan, so we need to start taking the Chinese serious before them do us strong thing with their other policies which would be way worse than the current Yuan/Dollar undervaluing dispute!

By the way Babes, Dalami lama ko, Delay Aina ni! grin grin grin
Lol, leave the man jare grin

(1) (Reply)

Johannesburg Wahala! / UAE Builds Biggest Solar Power Plant In The World / Secret Micronuke War Coming Soon.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.