Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,824 members, 7,956,113 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:43 AM

Muhammadu Buhari: A Public Citizen Off The Grid - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muhammadu Buhari: A Public Citizen Off The Grid (444 Views)

"Buhari: A Public Servant On A Private Visit With Public Money" / Yemi Osinbajo Cutting His Hair In A Public Barber's Shop (pics) / Hanan Buhari, Youngest Daughter Of Muhammadu Buhari Stuns In New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muhammadu Buhari: A Public Citizen Off The Grid by Oluwatobex(m): 1:06pm On Aug 08, 2017
As a student of Journalism and Public Relations, I know how essential it is to project a favourable image of your paymaster; to generate goodwill from the publics and establish Public understanding. Hence, I am not amazed by Lauretta Onochie’s outburst and screams at certain constituents of the Public in trying to defend and get some level of sympathy and support from the public for the President. Isn’t that what she is paid to do?
But by striving to achieve these objectives of Public Relations, does she have to insult the President? Yes she unconsciously insulted the sick man…. Does she have to disparage the opinion of the very Nigerians that got his boss elected? She definitely does not understand the art of image-making.
The President is sick and I’m glad his media soldiers have acknowledged that fact. Femi Adesina has finally agreed with us that his boss is not ‘hale and hearty’ though, I believe the prayer of most Nigerians is that he returns ‘hale and hearty’ but is it too much a request to know the nature of our dear Buhari’s illness?
Showing a caricature of Mr. Buhari in pictures with some Nothern governors or APC governors or reverend fathers is to me repugnant.

For how long would the elected President remain incommunicado? I agree we’ve an active and a reliable Osinbajo in acting capacity but he was not the ‘Sai Baba’ we chanted in the 2015 election. Hence, we cannot demand for more.
Some protesters may have been hired to demand the resignation of Mr. Buhari as President. Hiring of protesters is typical of Nigerian politicians but their request no doubt speaks the minds of some Nigerians. If you expect buhari to return from the sick bed he had been for months and ‘hit the ground running’. I am sorry, you may need a sick bed too.
May I tell Madam Lauretta that Mr. Buhari is not a ‘Private Citizen’ has she claimed in her most recent outburst. The day he became a Public servant, a President, the number one citizen of the most populous black nation in the world, he lost a large portion of his private life.
It is an insult to the President and to those that elected him for Lauretta to refer to him as ‘anybody’. Hello! You don’t squander tax payers’ money on ‘anybody’ and for him to be living on Nigeria’s money as a ‘Public Citizen’, we reserve the right to know his state of health.
Did this same Buhari not call for Yaradua’s impeachment some years back? Let me not even go there.
If the Public Relations experts of Mr. Buhari and the Presidency are tired of writing Press Releases and granting unnecessary interviews to denounce rumors of Buhari’s death; rumors that he lives on oxygen and many of such tittle-tattles. It behoves them to beg Mr. Buhari and make him see reasons for them to disclose the nature of his illness. It will douse a lot of rumours and tension, if he does thus.
Perhaps, the prayer warriors would know whether to pray harder or give up praying. I can only wish us goodluck.

Source: http://demospacy..com.ng/2017/08/muhammadu-buhari-public-citizen-off.html

Re: Muhammadu Buhari: A Public Citizen Off The Grid by Memories12411: 1:09pm On Aug 08, 2017
Sai Baba. I pray that the almighty God bless you with good health.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari: A Public Citizen Off The Grid by ekensi01: 1:09pm On Aug 08, 2017
Man i watch and see the end.

Worthless people everywhere.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari: A Public Citizen Off The Grid by dhantey324(m): 4:10pm On Aug 08, 2017
Bubu's aides should note that if he resigns and go, his sickness won't be our problem anymore! undecided Private citizen wey dey flex our private jet, come join say him hospital bill na our collective gbese.. Make sense fall ontop Lauretta head o. angry

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Trump Sacks Nigeria’s Ogunlesi As Adviser / We Won’t Leave Nigeria For Anybody —niger Delta Youths / When Patriotic Nigerians Hear PMB Is Back(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.