Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Cardiff City [ 2 -1 ] On Saturday 13th February - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Cardiff City [ 2 -1 ] On Saturday 13th February (1605 Views)

Poll: Which team will progress further?

Chelsea: 100% (3 votes)
Cardiff City: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Cardiff Vs Arsenal (0 - 3) On 30th November 2013 / Cardiff Vs Manchester United (2 - 2) On 24th Nov 2013 / Chelsea Vs Cardiff City. (4 - 1) On 19 Oct 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Cardiff City [ 2 -1 ] On Saturday 13th February by Cristalz(f): 9:47pm On Feb 12, 2010
Carlo Ancelotti insisted Chelsea were taking the FA Cup fifth-round clash with Cardiff seriously - but he was confident enough to reveal his starting XI.
The Blues will be without John Terry, given compassionate leave, and the injured Ashley Cole, while goalkeeper Petr Cech and striker Nicolas Anelka were also absent from the team named by the Italian.
He said: "We'll play Hilario in goal, Paulo Ferreira, Alex, Ricardo Carvalho and Yury Zhirkov; Frank Lampard, John Obi Mikel, Michael Ballack; Daniel Sturridge, Joe Cole and Didier Drogba up front.
"The bench will be Ross Turnbull, Jeffrey Bruma, Branislav Ivanovic, Florent Malouda, Nemanja Matic, Fabio Borini and Salomon Kalou.  .  .It's a very important competition. We won it last year - I was not here - and we have a great opportunity to go forward in this competition.''

Cardiff boss Dave Jones has major selection problems.
Stephen McPhail, who has only recently returned to action, has been ruled out of the Stamford Bridge clash having taken a blow to his pancreas during Tuesday`s 2-0 win over Peterborough that required hospital treatment.
Striker Jay Bothroyd is also a major doubt having suffered suspected ankle ligament damage against Posh, with the club awaiting the results of a scan before confirming the extent of the damage.
The Bluebirds, who have seen their financial struggles attract the headlines this week, are already without defenders Mark Hudson (ankle) and Miguel Comminges (thigh), midfielders Gavin Rae (hamstring) and Joe Ledley (hips) and forwards Josh Magennis (broken fibula) and Kelvin Etuhu (ankle).
Defender Tony Capaldi is cup-tied having played for Leeds earlier in the competition during his loan spell at Elland Road.
Darcy Blake was also forced off in midweek due a back problem but he should be available, while Michael Chopra and Gabor Gyepes will be asked to battle through illness.
ESPN

Match will be on DSTV.
Re: FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Cardiff City [ 2 -1 ] On Saturday 13th February by Borat1: 12:39am On Feb 13, 2010
Its funny how you just pop in, do a thread and pop out again
more like a bot. . .
Re: FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Cardiff City [ 2 -1 ] On Saturday 13th February by Nobody: 9:01am On Feb 13, 2010
We should win this.

~Borat~:

Its funny how you just pop in, do a thread and pop out again
more like a bot. . .

Maybe she dey prepare for her wedding. . . wink
Re: FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Cardiff City [ 2 -1 ] On Saturday 13th February by mufasa(m): 9:55am On Feb 13, 2010
BlueDiva:

We should win this.

Maybe she dey prepare for her wedding. . . wink

send me RSVP ooo.

i'm not holding my breath on this one,
Re: FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Cardiff City [ 2 -1 ] On Saturday 13th February by waledoy(m): 1:29pm On Feb 13, 2010
26 min, Chelsea 1 Cardiff 0
Re: FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Cardiff City [ 2 -1 ] On Saturday 13th February by nateevs(m): 1:31pm On Feb 13, 2010
Sugar!

I thought this was 12.45.
Chelsea scored already.
Re: FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Cardiff City [ 2 -1 ] On Saturday 13th February by nateevs(m): 1:36pm On Feb 13, 2010
Cardiff have equalized. .
Alex was jogging after his man.
Re: FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Cardiff City [ 2 -1 ] On Saturday 13th February by nateevs(m): 1:43pm On Feb 13, 2010
No organization at the back.
Alex is a total jerk.
Another free header. ,. Cardiff could have had a second.
Re: FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Cardiff City [ 2 -1 ] On Saturday 13th February by Nobody: 1:44pm On Feb 13, 2010
Honestly, I'm getting worried for our defence.

Without JT, we are a pile of hot self-service at the back.
And if he's having a bad then . . . . . .  . .just like the last match then na wahala be that.

Sereiously, we need a dominating centre back or maybe CArlotti needs to consider pairing other defenders more often than not so that they can gel
Re: FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Cardiff City [ 2 -1 ] On Saturday 13th February by waledoy(m): 1:44pm On Feb 13, 2010
nateevs:

Cardiff have equalized. .
Alex was jogging after his man.
very bad, we need another goal ASAP
Re: FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Cardiff City [ 2 -1 ] On Saturday 13th February by nateevs(m): 1:47pm On Feb 13, 2010
Not a bad effort by Danny.
Re: FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Cardiff City [ 2 -1 ] On Saturday 13th February by FBS: 1:51pm On Feb 13, 2010
Na wa o!

Half time.
Re: FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Cardiff City [ 2 -1 ] On Saturday 13th February by mufasa(m): 1:54pm On Feb 13, 2010
nateevs:

Not a bad effort by Danny.

he is doing ok, but needs to learn to play with team mates closer to him. all those his cross country passes are putting us under pressure. Nothing beats simple football, when you see an opened player close to you pass and make yourself available for a return pass or just distract the oponents. angry
Re: FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Cardiff City [ 2 -1 ] On Saturday 13th February by nateevs(m): 1:56pm On Feb 13, 2010
End of first half and I am not impressed at all.

For the crap that Joe Cole and Ferreira have put in so far, I would rather have used Kakuta and Ahamed.
At least I know I have given the youngsters a chance.

Joey wants a 120k package for this sh.it. . . He should piss off to Portsmouth. Miroslav Stoch would have torn this place apart with his pace.
Drogba is trying to dribble every time he has the ball even when it's clear he's making a lot of mess out of it.
Alex, I don't know what to say about the dude. Too slow, very inert and with ball at his feet he looks worse than Drogba.
I can't get it.

Using these average guys, presents just about the same risk as using young players. I will rather see Bruma and Carvalho in defense.
Re: FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Cardiff City [ 2 -1 ] On Saturday 13th February by just2nice(m): 1:58pm On Feb 13, 2010
Poor defending by Alex.Cardiff are putting up a real fight here.We haven't had many chances yet.
Re: FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Cardiff City [ 2 -1 ] On Saturday 13th February by nateevs(m): 2:11pm On Feb 13, 2010
2nd half and Kalou is on for Joe. .
I'm glad Carllotti can see the bull crap the fella has been dishing out.

Goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllll
Ballack.
Re: FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Cardiff City [ 2 -1 ] On Saturday 13th February by FBS: 2:14pm On Feb 13, 2010
That was a million pound pass from DD!
Where is Ibime?

Ballack!!! What a finish! cheesy
Re: FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Cardiff City [ 2 -1 ] On Saturday 13th February by nateevs(m): 2:15pm On Feb 13, 2010
Ferreira will never be able to cross past the first player. .
What a shame.

@FBS
Where are you watching the match?
Do you know it's on TV?
Re: FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Cardiff City [ 2 -1 ] On Saturday 13th February by FBS: 2:16pm On Feb 13, 2010
1307: Ooh. Rickie Lambert crosses again from the left and David James completely misses it. Radhi Jaidi is as surprised as anyone and the ball hits his head and goes over the bar. They're off again at the Bridge, where Florent Malouda replaces Joe Cole. Not sure if that's an injury, but Cole didn't have the best of first halves.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8513483.stm

This BBC guys are high on dry gin. Nateevs, abeg you see Malouda the pitch?  grin
Re: FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Cardiff City [ 2 -1 ] On Saturday 13th February by FBS: 2:17pm On Feb 13, 2010
nateevs:

Ferreira will never be able to cross past the first player. .
What a shame.

@FBS
Where are you watching the match?
Do you know it's on TV?
Watching on Setanta Sports!
Wasn't posting immediately. . .got my little boy here. . cheesy
Re: FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Cardiff City [ 2 -1 ] On Saturday 13th February by nateevs(m): 2:22pm On Feb 13, 2010
FBS:

1307: Ooh. Rickie Lambert crosses again from the left and David James completely misses it. Radhi Jaidi is as surprised as anyone and the ball hits his head and goes over the bar. They're off again at the Bridge, where Florent Malouda replaces Joe Cole. Not sure if that's an injury, but Cole didn't have the best of first halves.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8513483.stm

This BBC guys are high on dry gin. Nateevs, abeg you see Maloudn the pitch?  grin

Malouda ?
Those guys should be fired. . . grin grin
Re: FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Cardiff City [ 2 -1 ] On Saturday 13th February by nateevs(m): 2:24pm On Feb 13, 2010
FBS:

Watching on Setanta Sports!
Wasn't posting immediately. . .got my little boy here. . cheesy

I am watching Channel 134 S4C. . .
Wait how do you get Setanta?. . . I thot they are gone. . .
Re: FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Cardiff City [ 2 -1 ] On Saturday 13th February by nateevs(m): 2:27pm On Feb 13, 2010
I am still not convinced about Sturiddge's touch. .
He still looks very clumsy to me.
Re: FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Cardiff City [ 2 -1 ] On Saturday 13th February by FBS: 2:29pm On Feb 13, 2010
nateevs:

I am watching Channel 134 S4C. . .
Wait how do you get Setanta?. . . I thot they are gone. . . 
They are available outside the UK.
Re: FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Cardiff City [ 2 -1 ] On Saturday 13th February by nateevs(m): 2:29pm On Feb 13, 2010
Sturridge scores. .
He deserves it. . .

The boy has been running riots since morning. . .
Re: FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Cardiff City [ 2 -1 ] On Saturday 13th February by FBS: 2:30pm On Feb 13, 2010
nateevs:

I am still not convinced about Sturiddge's touch. .
He still looks very clumsy to me.
Yeah but he got moves and flicks.  cheesy

DSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

3-1!!!
Re: FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Cardiff City [ 2 -1 ] On Saturday 13th February by nateevs(m): 2:30pm On Feb 13, 2010
FBS:

They are available outside the UK.

I used to think you are in the UK. . .
Re: FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Cardiff City [ 2 -1 ] On Saturday 13th February by waledoy(m): 2:30pm On Feb 13, 2010
goallllllllll
DS nice one
Re: FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Cardiff City [ 2 -1 ] On Saturday 13th February by jalether(m): 2:31pm On Feb 13, 2010
Sturidge makes it 3-1
Re: FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Cardiff City [ 2 -1 ] On Saturday 13th February by FBS: 2:32pm On Feb 13, 2010
nateevs:

I used to think you are in the UK. . .
hehehe. . . . Yep but in and out.
Re: FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Cardiff City [ 2 -1 ] On Saturday 13th February by waledoy(m): 2:44pm On Feb 13, 2010
DD why? release na!
Re: FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Cardiff City [ 2 -1 ] On Saturday 13th February by nateevs(m): 2:46pm On Feb 13, 2010
Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

What a header!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osasuna Vs Real Madrid (1 - 5) On 31st March 2012 / UCL: Real Madrid Vs Lyon [3 - 0] On March 16, 2011 / Wayne Rooney Turned Down Nasarawa United Fc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.