Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

President Zuma Survives 'motion Of No Confidence Vote' for the 8th time - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / President Zuma Survives 'motion Of No Confidence Vote' for the 8th time (652 Views)

No confidence Vote Against Zuma Fails / President Zuma Bans 9 African Countries From Entering South Africa / President Zuma Flees As Storm Wrecks Havoc On His Tent At An Event. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Zuma Survives 'motion Of No Confidence Vote' for the 8th time by Deeldorado: 5:55pm On Aug 08, 2017
President Zuma has survived a motion of no confidence vote in parliament. President Zuma won the vote by 198-177 allowing him to remain President. There were 9 abstentions.

ANC MPs were singing and dancing in Parliament after the votes were announced.

This is the 8th time President Zuma would survive a motion of no confidence vote.

Members of the South Africa's parliament cast their votes on a motion of no confidence vote on President Jacob Zuma. The case for a no confidence vote was championed mainly by opposition party MPs over corruption allegations against the President while Jacob Zuma banked on ANC MPs to survive the 'vote of no confidence motion.' This will be the 8th attempt to oust President Zuma from the presidency but he has survived the previous attempts. This time around, however, the voting was by a secret ballot which may have allowed some ANC MPs vote against the President. But Zuma still survived at the end of the day.

If the motion of vote of no confidence had succeeded, the speaker of Parliament would have assumed the position of Acting President.

As a keen follower of SA politics, and having watched it live, this is my own citizen report.

Cc: Lalasticla, Mynd44, Seun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE321FhB9pA
Re: President Zuma Survives 'motion Of No Confidence Vote' for the 8th time by Flexherbal(m): 5:56pm On Aug 08, 2017
I can not talk about another country, our own dey ground.
Re: President Zuma Survives 'motion Of No Confidence Vote' for the 8th time by Deeldorado: 6:02pm On Aug 08, 2017
Flexherbal:
I can talk about another country, our own dey ground.

You know there are things you can learn from other countries. This wouldn't have happened in Nigeria. We haven't even gotten to the stage where anybody can contemplate a 'motion of vote of no confidence.' against a President. This is the 8th time Zuma has been subjected to such a vote. It's important we follow what happens in other climes in terms of maturity of democracy and see what we can learn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Zuma Survives 'motion Of No Confidence Vote' for the 8th time by Daeylar(f): 6:12pm On Aug 08, 2017
Deeldorado:

You know there are things you can learn from other countries. This wouldn't have happened in Nigeria. We haven't even gotten to the stage where anybody can contemplate a 'motion of vote of no confidence.' against a President. This is the 8th time Zuma has been subjected to such a vote. It's important we follow what happens in other climes in terms of maturity of democracy and see what we can learn.

very true, it's necessary to learn, but do we ever

Please may i know if you are Nigerian? I always thought you were south African,

2 Likes

Re: President Zuma Survives 'motion Of No Confidence Vote' for the 8th time by Deeldorado: 6:15pm On Aug 08, 2017
Daeylar:

very true, it's necessary to learn, but do we ever

Please may i know if you are Nigerian? I always thought you were south African,

Proud Nigerian and lover of SA. Thanks for verifying.
Re: President Zuma Survives 'motion Of No Confidence Vote' for the 8th time by Daeylar(f): 6:32pm On Aug 08, 2017
Deeldorado:

Proud Nigerian and lover of SA. Thanks for verifying.

you're welcome, thanks for responding, let me not derail your thread smiley

1 Like

Re: President Zuma Survives 'motion Of No Confidence Vote' for the 8th time by Flexherbal(m): 6:42pm On Aug 08, 2017
Deeldorado:

You are not wrong.

(1) (Reply)

Pres. Trump Drops Bombshell Tweets After Hearing About H Bomb Dropped By N Korea / South African Business Leader Snubs Trump In Davos / BREAKING: Ethiopian Prime Minister Resigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.