Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,243 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

Nigerian Buys Gatwick Airport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Buys Gatwick Airport (2693 Views)

Ben-Bruce Buys 'Made-In-Nigeria' Car From KIA Company (Photo) / Nigerian Buys Gatwick Airport In Uk / Nigerain Entrepreneur Acquires London Gatwick Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Buys Gatwick Airport by aloyemeka2: 2:02am On Feb 13, 2010
Gatwick Buyer Promises 'First Class' Service
11:53am UK, Thursday October 29, 2009
The man set to become the new owner of Gatwick Airport, tells Sky News how he is going to shake-up Britain's airport business.

In an exclusive interview with Jeff Randall, Adebayo Ogunlesi, chairman of Global Infrastructure Partners, said he is going "to make Gatwick a truly first class experience".
However he cautioned it would take "somewhere between 12 and 18 months" before passengers started noticing a difference at the airport.
GIP agreed a £1.51bn deal with Gatwick's current operator BAA last week, which represented a "good price", Mr Ogunlesi said.

Adebayo Ogunlesi

The fund, which invests in the energy, transport and waste sectors, has already spent over £1bn so far this year, encouraged by falling asset prices.
Mr Ogunlesi said the UK's strong regulatory framework and attractive assets made "Britain a wonderful place to invest".
"We love Britain," Mr Ogunlesi added.

The sale of Gatwick to GIP, which is subject to approval by the European Union, is due to be completed by the end of the year.
The airport is currently run by BAA, which posted a pre-tax loss of over £780m in the first nine months of the year.
The airport operator said it lost £225m on Gatwick after being forced to sell the airport by the Competition Commission.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Business/Gatwick-Airport-Adebayo-Ogunlesi-Tells-Jeff-Randall-He-Will-Shake-Up-Britains-Airport-Business/Article/200910415421255?f=rss
Re: Nigerian Buys Gatwick Airport by aloyemeka2: 2:06am On Feb 13, 2010
Re: Nigerian Buys Gatwick Airport by Beaf: 2:09am On Feb 13, 2010
Good one! Lovely news!
. . .Now, how I wish we will be able to travel for free between MMA, Abuja and Gatwick!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Buys Gatwick Airport by olafolarin(m): 2:15am On Feb 13, 2010
Beaf:

Good one! Lovely news!
. . .Now, how I wish we will be able to travel for free between MMA, Abuja and Gatwick!! grin grin grin grin

Everything is possible.But maybe next decade, grin cheesy

But the man's name rings bell,
Re: Nigerian Buys Gatwick Airport by SEFAGO(m): 2:20am On Feb 13, 2010
he didn't buy it himself though and this is stale news
Re: Nigerian Buys Gatwick Airport by aloyemeka2: 2:22am On Feb 13, 2010
SEFAGO:

he didn't buy it himself though and this is stale  news

His achievement is not stale unless you have achieved something closer to that. If he didn't buy it nko as long as his name dey for the deal?. Nigerians have a way of rubbishing another's achievement because of bad belle. Watch the video here:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/video/Chairman-of-Global-Infrastructure-Partners-Adebayo-Ogunlesi-On-BAA-Gatwick-Deal/Video/200910415421524?lid=VIDEO_15421524_ChairmanofGlobalInfrastructurePartners,AdebayoOgunlesi,OnBAAGatwickDeal&lpos=searchresults
Re: Nigerian Buys Gatwick Airport by vigasimple(m): 2:28am On Feb 13, 2010
Beaf:

Good one! Lovely news!

I know you are kidding but don't sell this idea to Nigerians

We are not talking about governement business but private enterprises, no nigerian 'family travel please', that is how Nigerian Airways went under.

SEFAGO:

he didn't buy it himself though and this is stale news

You remarks is negative and you should always appreciate whatever your country person can do that will lift the name and image of our dear country which will ultimately flow to everybody as Muttalab actions has flown to everyone in a negative way

We thank God that we can have good news involving Nigerians. Now, let the Rebranding start.
Re: Nigerian Buys Gatwick Airport by aloyemeka2: 2:29am On Feb 13, 2010
Beaf:

Good one! Lovely news!

Nigerians and free stuff wink wink wink
Re: Nigerian Buys Gatwick Airport by aloyemeka2: 2:31am On Feb 13, 2010
vigasimple:

You remarks is negative and you should always appreciate whatever your country person
can do that will lift the name and image of our dear country which will ultimately flow to everybody as Muttalab actions has flown to everyone in a negative way

We thank God that we can have good news involving Nigerians. Now, let the Rebranding start.

Na bad belle dey kill us for Naija o.
Re: Nigerian Buys Gatwick Airport by SEFAGO(m): 2:37am On Feb 13, 2010
Or I just dislike misleading information undecided
Re: Nigerian Buys Gatwick Airport by Allta(m): 12:43pm On Feb 18, 2010
For me, it's not whether the news is stale or recent, it's that I couldn't understand why this is not in the World press media? I searched through BBC, CNN, ABC, FOX etc, I'm perplexed that this story is not there as 10% much as Muttalab made the World Headlines

(1) (Reply)

Who Are Nigerians? / Hmmm: Wizkid Caught Smoking Weed! / CIA,MI5,MOSSAD,KGB and other foreign spy organisations are monitoring Nairaland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.