Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Neymar Will Take Over From Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo – Jay Jay Okocha - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Neymar Will Take Over From Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo – Jay Jay Okocha (610 Views)

Daniella Okocha's 21st Birthday: Jay-Jay Okocha Celebrates His Daughter (Photo) / Meet A-Jay Okocha, Jay Jay Okocha's Son (Pictured) / Jay-Jay Okocha And Nwankwo Kanu In A Group Photo With World Football Greats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Neymar Will Take Over From Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo – Jay Jay Okocha by Sportxclusive: 9:58am On Aug 09, 2017
Former Nigerian skipper and PSG’s midfielder, Austin Jay Jay Okocha has declared Neymar as the new king of football.

According to him, Neymar will take over the baton of the World best player from Cristiano and Messi.

Messi and Ronaldo have won the last nine Ballon d’Or awards between them but, with the pair now both in their thirties, there has been much discussion about who will take over as the standout player in world football.

I’m excited about Jens Lehmann’s arrival says Cech

Okocha feels that Neymar, who joined PSG from Barcelona last week in a world record £200 million (€222 million) move will seize his opportunity.

Okocha told the official Fifa website: “Yes, I think he (Neymar) will be the one to do it (take over from them).

“Messi and Ronaldo have dominated world football for a decade and, given the nature of football, at a certain point, the baton will have to pass to someone else. I think Neymar has a great chance of filling that role.

Mario Lemina moves to Southampton

Okocha, who also played for PSG between 1998 and 2002, believes that Neymar is the individual whose playing style is most similar to his own. He said: “I’d say the player whose style most resembles mine would be Neymar. That’s because I played with a sense of joy and you can see that he feels the same and really enjoys his own play.

“He doesn’t play for himself or just to entertain the fans – he plays for his team. He uses his quality and skill for the good of the team.
Source: http://sportxclusive.com/2017/08/09/neymar-will-take-lionel-messi-cristiano-ronaldo-jay-jay-okocha/
Re: Neymar Will Take Over From Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo – Jay Jay Okocha by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 09, 2017
Neymar is a good player though, but he's not gonna get any ballon d'or, not in the next 2 seasons cus Ronaldo and Messi are not done yet.
Re: Neymar Will Take Over From Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo – Jay Jay Okocha by emmywhite01(m): 5:48pm On Aug 09, 2017
Neymar looks likely Dan any other person apart from Messi and Ronaldo to win Ballon DE Or

(1) (Reply)

Ola Aina Named In Championship Team Of The Month / Atletico Madrid's Wanda Metropolitano To Host 2019 Champions League Final / PSG Offer Cavani €1million To Hand Over Penalty Duties To Neymar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.