Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,161 members, 7,821,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Ozubulu Church Killing: I’m Not A Drug Baron And I Will Be Vindicated – Bishop - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ozubulu Church Killing: I’m Not A Drug Baron And I Will Be Vindicated – Bishop (602 Views)

Ozubulu Church Massacre: Chief Great Akpunonu Is Innocent- Court / Tanker Burning Ozubulu, Ekwuzigo L.g.a Anambra State / Snakes Killed By My Dad And I (Black Spitting Cobra & Ball Python) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ozubulu Church Killing: I’m Not A Drug Baron And I Will Be Vindicated – Bishop by OrientDailyNews: 2:09pm On Aug 09, 2017
“I will be vindicated”; returns next week

MASSOB gives 7-day ultimatum to fish out perpetrators

By Francis Ekpone and Praise Necherem

The chairman, Ebubechukwuzo Foundation, Emeka Jovita has absolved his principal, Aloysius Ikeg- wuonwu, alias “bishop”, of his alleged involvement in a business feud that led to the Sunday killing of no fewer than 12 persons inside the St. Phil- lip’s Catholic Church in Ozubu- lu, Anambra state.

Aloysius Ikegwuonwu, has been allegedly fingered to be the prime target of the attack.

Jovita said Mr. Ikegwuonwu is not a drug baron and has never been involved in any dirty deal as erroneously be- lieved.

In a statement released by the Foundation yesterday, in Awka, the aide described the incident as purely a terrorist at- tack and has nothing to do with disagreement over a business transaction as alleged.

He disclosed that his principal, who resides in South Africa, is into estate development and importation of beverages and spare parts from China, adding that he had developed many estates in South Africa and had built many houses in Nigeria, some of which he sold.

“He has built three cathedral churches in the community and through the Foundation, has assisted so many people including granting scholar- ships to several indigent stu- dents and empowered several others in Ozubulu and beyond.

While explaining that his principal had never lodged any complaints about having any problems with anyone, the chairman wondered where the false information about his per- sonality and involvement in a deal with anybody were ema- nating from.

“What happened on Sunday left us in a state of confusion up till now. That incident is pure ter- rorism. The information trend- ing all over that Ebubechukwu is having a feud with somebody is completely false.

“People say he is a drug baron and that he took some money from some people who are now after him and so many other stories. This is a man I know very well and have been close to since our secondary school days. The whole allega- tion is confusing.” he noted.

He further revealed that his principal was in the community few days before the incident and even played football with some youths for whom he even provided football booths.

According to the chairman, Ikegwuonwu left Ozubulu on Thursday before leaving for South Africa on Friday where he is presently, adding that he would return next week.

“He promised to be in Nigeria next week after we informed him of what happened.” he added.

He said he had resolved to leave the case for the police to handle, expressing confidence that the outcome of the inves- tigations would vindicate his principal.

“No doubt, the people of Ozubulu are sad and angry. Nobody knows the genesis of it. But I believe that the peo- ple behind the killings must be brought to book. Let’s just wait and believe that something good would come out of the investigation.

Meanwhile, The Movement for the Actualisation of the Sov- ereign State of Biafra, (MAS- SOB), has vowed to take over the security of Anambra state if state security operatives fail to fish out the perpetrators of the senseless killing at St Phil- ip Catholic Church, Ozubulu within the next seven days.

Leader of the group, other- wise called Biafra Independent Movement, (BIM), Chief Ralph

Uwazuruike, issued the warn- ing yesterday while address- ing members at Ifite-Dunu, Dunukofia local government area of the state, said the group would take over the state secu- rity through her commandos.

“How can this happen in a Biafran land and those behind it left to go scot-free. We cannot take this anymore since the se- curity operatives could no lon- ger protect lives and property of the people.

Uwazuruike did not fail to veer into the November 18, 2017 Anambra state guber- natorial election, taking the opportunity to describe those threatening to disrupt the elec- tion process as day dreamers. He said it was not the best way to express grievances.

He said, “Let me remind you also that the gubernatorial election billed to take place in the state, come November

18 this year, must hold. They cannot cry more than us that started this journey to actual- ise a Biafra republic; they are all our off-shoots.” he added.

Uwazuruike, who spoke through the Commander of BIM Commandos, Chinedu Chukwu, regretted that the Igbo nation had been greatly marginalised, urged those of them still in the north to come home as ordered by the Arewa Youths, insisting that “they are there at your own peril.”

https://orientdailynews.com/ozubulu-church-killing-im-not-a-drug-baron-bishop/

seun lalasticlala mynd44

Re: Ozubulu Church Killing: I’m Not A Drug Baron And I Will Be Vindicated – Bishop by Zeze06(m): 2:16pm On Aug 09, 2017
No need to cry bro,
The burden of proof... Lies on the accuser
Re: Ozubulu Church Killing: I’m Not A Drug Baron And I Will Be Vindicated – Bishop by Equal2DeTask(m): 2:20pm On Aug 09, 2017
The Truth will come out soon.

(1) (Reply)

The New Gionee A1 Lite: Heavy Features And Pocket Friendly / Pictures From The Ongoing And Nearly Completed Chevron Roundabout, Lekki / 3 Female Bodies With Missing Vital Parts Discovered In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.