Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

PIND Hosts STEM Camp For Students In Warri - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / PIND Hosts STEM Camp For Students In Warri (1259 Views)

PIND Partners With Nigerian Economic Summit For Session On Agric. Development / Better Living Foundation Mentored By Pind's Coaches And Mentors / Pind’s IWD Forum Inspires Action For Women In Agriculture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

PIND Hosts STEM Camp For Students In Warri by TamarKliye: 6:27pm On Aug 09, 2017
The Appropriate Technology Enabled Development Center (ATED Center) of PIND (Foundation for Partnership Initiative in the Niger Delta) partnered with Hope and Dreams Initiative and Green Knowledge Foundation to host a Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) camp for students in secondary schools in Warri, Delta State.

In what was tagged #ATEDSTEMCamp, students were shown the importance of STEM in the development of any nation, and in particular, the development of the Niger Delta. The strapline for the camp was 'I am smart. I am strong. I am able.' The participants discussed energy sources, fossil fuel use, global warming, renewable energy, turbine design and more.

It was a three day event which started on Monday, August 6 and ended on Wednesday, August 8, 2017.

PIND believes in the importance of technology in the development of the Niger Delta. This is why the ATED Centre was built. The ATED Centre is home to many appropriate technologies and serves as a venue for events such as this. The centre is also open for tours.

(1) (Reply)

How I Got A Thicker And Fuller Eye Lashes Effortlessly / 12ft Asteroids Is About To Hit Earth This Weekend / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.