Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,168 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Anambra Church Killings: Suspected ‘bishop’ Reacts, Issues Ultimatum To Media - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Church Killings: Suspected ‘bishop’ Reacts, Issues Ultimatum To Media (1845 Views)

US Vs Iran: Nigeria’s Islamic Supreme Council Reacts, Issues Warning / Church Of Satan Blasts Buhari For Describing Benue Church Killings As 'Satanic' / Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To Ozubulu Catholic Church Killings, Blames Ohanaeze Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Anambra Church Killings: Suspected ‘bishop’ Reacts, Issues Ultimatum To Media by PMBNG(m): 7:01pm On Aug 09, 2017
Anambra Church Killings: Suspected ‘Bishop’ Reacts, Issues Ultimatum To Media Houses

THE man mentioned as a suspect in the massacre of worshipers in St Patrick Catholic church, Ozubulu, Anambra State, Aloysius Ikegwuonwu better known as Bishop has reacted to allegations that he is a drug lord.

Bishop, who is based in South Africa and was reportedly the target of the attack, which also claimed the life of his father, said he, knows nothing about the killing.

In a statement he personally signed and made available to reporters, Bishop, who is said to have single handedly funded the Ozubulu church, said he has never been arrested or convicted for any drug related offence before.

His statement said, “My attention has been drawn to a social media campaign where it is alleged that I am connected to the Ozubulu church killing over a drug problem.

“For the avoidance of any doubt I wish to inform the general public that I know nothing about the church killings and I have never been involved in drugs.

“I have never been arrested or convicted anywhere in the world. My businesses are legitimate businesses, duly registered. Apart from warehousing and wholesale of goods I am also a contractor involved in the construction of roads and infrastructure in Nigeria.

“It’s shameful that Nigerians and the media don’t verify any story before running with them.

“The handwork of those who are jealous of my success and who are determined to tarnish my image is evident.

“The Church killings is an unprecedented evil that deserves full investigation to unmask the perpetrators.

“We await investigations and full police report of the church attack.

“In the meantime I request all social media and media houses to retract my name from the defamatory stories linking me with the church killing.

“Failure to do so and any further linking of my name with the church killings will force me to take legal action against the purveyors of the defamatory false story.”

http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/08/anambra-church-killings-suspected-bishop-reacts-issues-ultimatum-media-houses/

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Anambra Church Killings: Suspected ‘bishop’ Reacts, Issues Ultimatum To Media by Pcharles2(m): 7:04pm On Aug 09, 2017
Yea! There's more to it.
Re: Anambra Church Killings: Suspected ‘bishop’ Reacts, Issues Ultimatum To Media by GreyLaw(m): 7:11pm On Aug 09, 2017
Not like I trust this guy 100%, but there is a lot more that the government is hiding from us about this issue.

Where in Nigeria has the Nigeria Police concluded investigations in such record time and come out with a confirmatory statement?

There's certainly more to this.
Re: Anambra Church Killings: Suspected ‘bishop’ Reacts, Issues Ultimatum To Media by hammer6: 7:14pm On Aug 09, 2017
HAUSA-FULANI HAVE MURDERED PEOPLE LIKE THEY USUALLY DO OVER POLITICS AND MENTIONING DRUGS.

LAST TIME THIS NAVAL OFFICER WAS MURDERED THEY USED THE SAME POLICE UNDER THEIR CONTROL TO CLAIM SUICIDE.

DO PEOPLE USE THREE SHOTS TO COMMIT SUICIDE AND MISS TWO OUT OF THE THREE SHOTS?

IT IS GOOD DEY FEAR IGBOS NOT TO ADMIT THEIR ATROCITY AS DEY PROUDLY DO IN THE MIDDLE-BELT, BUT FROM THE START WE KNEW IT WAS DEM.

WE NDI-ANAMBRA WILL NOT VOTE IN NOV.

Ngozi123, Amarabae, Ezeagu, bigfrancis21, Cheruv, pazienza, Abagworo, AjaanaOka, ireneony

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwjK0dj_58rVAhWEHsAKHdIECxsQjhwIBQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pulse.ng%2Fgist%2Fpolice-report-reveals-rear-admiral-ikoli-committed-suicide-id6618223.html&psig=AFQjCNEYozDP9FE31pWPFtdy_sXUnFajTA&ust=1502388968985233

Re: Anambra Church Killings: Suspected ‘bishop’ Reacts, Issues Ultimatum To Media by simplyhonest(m): 7:22pm On Aug 09, 2017
I just feel nobody is really investigating this crime because they already knew or planned it....
Re: Anambra Church Killings: Suspected ‘bishop’ Reacts, Issues Ultimatum To Media by TheTrueSeeker: 7:27pm On Aug 09, 2017
Dear Aloysius Ikegwuonwu aka 'Bishop'

Please be informed and properly guided that the Press whom you are erroneously trying to intimidate or threaten with legal action only quoted a press statement issue by the Nigerian Police Force immediately after the incident. As such, your irresponsible and misguided remark should be directed at the Nigerian Police Force and not the Press or Social Media.

What I expected from you in the interim would have been

1. To aid the Police in their investigation by reporting personally at the Police Headquarter in Anambra State to clear your name and prove to the world that you do not have a hand in the church massacre.
2. To personally pay a condolence visit to the scene of the crime as a way of sympathizing with the victims.
3. Tell the world what you know about those incidents that your name and those of others were mention in SA

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Church Killings: Suspected ‘bishop’ Reacts, Issues Ultimatum To Media by hammer6: 7:46pm On Aug 09, 2017
lalasticlala
Re: Anambra Church Killings: Suspected ‘bishop’ Reacts, Issues Ultimatum To Media by ameri9ja: 8:17pm On Aug 09, 2017
Really
Re: Anambra Church Killings: Suspected ‘bishop’ Reacts, Issues Ultimatum To Media by GoldNiagara(m): 8:23pm On Aug 09, 2017
TheTrueSeeker:
Dear Aloysius Ikegwuonwu aka 'Bishop'

Please be informed and properly guided that the Press whom you are erroneously trying to intimidate or threaten with legal action only quoted a press statement issue by the Nigerian Police Force immediately after the incident. As such, your irresponsible and misguided remark should be directed at the Nigerian Police Force and not the Press or Social Media.

What I expected from you in the interim would have been

1. To aid the Police in their investigation by reporting personally at the Police Headquarter in Anambra State to clear your name and prove to the world that you do not have a hand in the church massacre.
2. To personally pay a condolence visit to the scene of the crime as a way of sympathizing with the victims.
3. Tell the world what you know about those incidents that your name and those of others were mention in SA

You are going places, you are not only smart but also wise. I dont get easily impressed and who ever impresses me get to amount to some thing in life, if you have arrived already, you have just started, you will blow.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Church Killings: Suspected ‘bishop’ Reacts, Issues Ultimatum To Media by dannytoe(m): 9:10pm On Aug 09, 2017
Nigerian media has long lost it's intergrity, as they now value traffic than human life.
Re: Anambra Church Killings: Suspected ‘bishop’ Reacts, Issues Ultimatum To Media by ShobayoEmma(m): 9:36pm On Aug 09, 2017
Sometimes i'm ashamed of being a media practitioner. Freelancers and bloggers tarnishing the good name of investigative and indepth reporting.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Church Killings: Suspected ‘bishop’ Reacts, Issues Ultimatum To Media by timecapsule: 12:01am On Aug 10, 2017
There is more to this.............
The comment the state government and police gave on this case shows that there is more to this.
As am seeing this case, it is not about business case, but somebody out their has played this script under terrorism to indict them.

GreyLaw:
Not like I trust this guy 100%, but there is a lot more that the government is hiding from us about this issue.

Where in Nigeria has the Nigeria Police concluded investigations in such record time and come out with a confirmatory statement?

There's certainly more to this.
Re: Anambra Church Killings: Suspected ‘bishop’ Reacts, Issues Ultimatum To Media by timecapsule: 12:21am On Aug 10, 2017
Calling him up and down has no meaning, media should stop diverting our mind from what seems to be reality and stop calling him that lost his father.
Where are the others are they said that they are from the same village with him.....?
And what about those that are from Abia state.....?
Can't the police arrest them.....?
Are they calling him because his name ring bell or is he the one that murder his own father.?

For police, to conclude their investigation under 2 hour, which told us that what happens was as a result 2 drug barons that based in South Africa. After 92 hour (4 days) they have not make any arrest yet......

There is more to this than we think........ Some body out their is acting another person script.
Let it not be that they have come down to south east ooo!

There is nothing like drug problem in this case it is all about terrorism, FULL STOP!
Re: Anambra Church Killings: Suspected ‘bishop’ Reacts, Issues Ultimatum To Media by Presidiotbuhari: 12:36am On Aug 10, 2017
Only Sokoto caliphate & the donkey Obiano can explain what happened at Ozubulu church.
Re: Anambra Church Killings: Suspected ‘bishop’ Reacts, Issues Ultimatum To Media by meezynetwork(m): 6:21am On Aug 10, 2017
Not a wise press release
Re: Anambra Church Killings: Suspected ‘bishop’ Reacts, Issues Ultimatum To Media by razid: 6:46am On Aug 10, 2017
The day an average Igbo man takes responsibility for his problems will be the day he will be liberated.

You embarked on a war albeit a suicide one for that matter against every conceivable logic, you were slaughtered, yet you cried that they killed you. Do they normally play ludo during a war?

You kill yourselves, yet you blame it upon others.

You run from your God forsaken land to a land that is accommodating. They accepted you the way you are, yet you call them cowards.

You develop everywhere else in the world, yet over 30 years now, you and your leaders have been crying over the failure to construct a bridge that is not up to 50km and will be mostly used by you.

You celebrate every misfortune that happens to others, when they do that to you, you start crying marginalization.

Haba! When are Igbos going to man up to their responsibilities?

Stop blaming others for your problems. Problems are meant to be solved. Only the fainthearted blame others for his woes.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Church Killings: Suspected ‘bishop’ Reacts, Issues Ultimatum To Media by true2god: 7:02am On Aug 10, 2017
It is only a fooll that will believe the police story that the killing was carried out by a rival drug gang, less than 10-hours after the massacre. This is, to me, a state sponsored killing or the work of ethnic militia who are bent on destroying the strong-will of the Igbos.
Re: Anambra Church Killings: Suspected ‘bishop’ Reacts, Issues Ultimatum To Media by CHIJIOKE1314: 7:15am On Aug 10, 2017
They know you are innocent, just that the demonic Lagos Ibadan expressway press need to feed by all means necessary..

So with their devilish mole strategically place as commissioners of police in Anambra, let the news flow..
Re: Anambra Church Killings: Suspected ‘bishop’ Reacts, Issues Ultimatum To Media by CHIJIOKE1314: 7:19am On Aug 10, 2017
razid:
The day an average Igbo man takes responsibility for his problems will be the day he will be liberated.

You embarked on a war albeit a suicide one for that matter against every conceivable logic, you were slaughtered, yet you cried that they killed you. Do they normally play ludo during a war?

You kill yourselves, yet you blame it upon others.

You run from your God forsaken land to a land that is accommodating. They accepted you the way you are, yet you call them cowards.

You develop everywhere else in the world, yet over 30 years now, you and your leaders have been crying over the failure to construct a bridge that is not up to 50km and will be mostly used by you.

You celebrate every misfortune that happens to others, when they do that to you, you start crying marginalization.

Haba! When are Igbos going to man up to their responsibilities?

Stop blaming others for your problems. Problems are meant to be solved. Only the fainthearted blame others for his woes.

When I closed my eyes, I only saw a hungry man sitting on the dilapidated dwarfed fence of his YARD in Oshogbo with his 6MB gifted data typing poo about Igbos.
Re: Anambra Church Killings: Suspected ‘bishop’ Reacts, Issues Ultimatum To Media by hammer6: 5:56pm On Aug 10, 2017
LALASTICLALA WAT DO U MEAN, IT IS OK TO ACCUSE SOMEBODY BUT THE ACCUSED CANNOT TELL THEIR SIDE OF THE STORY?

REMEMBER GOD AND THE FEAR OF GOD IS THE BEGINNING OF WISDOM.
Re: Anambra Church Killings: Suspected ‘bishop’ Reacts, Issues Ultimatum To Media by lalasticlala(m): 6:01pm On Aug 10, 2017
hammer6:
LALASTICLALA WAT DO U MEAN, IT IS OK TO ACCUSE SOMEBODY BUT THE ACCUSED CANNOT TELL THEIR SIDE OF THE STORY?

REMEMBER GOD AND THE FEAR OF GOD IS THE BEGINNING OF WISDOM.

https://www.nairaland.com/3976291/aloysius-ikegwuonwu-bishop-reacts-ozubulu

(1)

Nnamdi Kanu Dead Or Alive???! / I Demolished Eke Ukwu Market Owerri Because Is Linked To Female Deity – Okorocha / Pressure On Saraki To Drop Presidential Bid As Plans Heighten To Arrest Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.