Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,088 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

What Kind Of Corruption Is This? This Country Is Finished! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Kind Of Corruption Is This? This Country Is Finished! (8091 Views)

Adeleke Was Robbed, Nigeria Is Finished – Fani Kayode Declares / 'corruption Is Official' - Atiku Releases 10 Questions Buhari Must Answer / Corruption Is Unlawfully Lucrative, Nigerians No Longer Afraid Of Jail - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Kind Of Corruption Is This? This Country Is Finished! by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 09, 2017
Dear Nairaland ,

I am saddened at the level we have sunk in this Country.

Just few weeks DPR called for test and young Nigerians all over the country risked their lives to travel and write this test only for the House of Reps to do this.

How long shall we continue to sacrifice merit on the alter of nepotism and tribalism. More painful is the fact that my sister in law had to travel all the way to Port Harcourt to write this test and now a whooping 8 slots are to be given out to people who never bothered to write the test, How many slots would be left for other Nigerians?

I now understand Nnamdi Kanu's position.

Seun, lalasticlala

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Kind Of Corruption Is This? This Country Is Finished! by knightsTempler: 8:32pm On Aug 09, 2017
That's the Nigeria our so called leaders left for our generation and the ones to come. But we can change it if we the youth come together as one. But first we have to jettison partisan politics, ethnic bigotry, We must chose our battle wisely, and be tenacious, without ethnic bias, else we will continue to turn in circle every 4 yrs. it has been the same story since Independence.

What a country!

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Corruption Is This? This Country Is Finished! by Vision4God: 8:37pm On Aug 09, 2017
No be today o
Nigeria na who u know but God is on d throne. He is still in d business of doing miracles.
Re: What Kind Of Corruption Is This? This Country Is Finished! by knightsTempler: 8:39pm On Aug 09, 2017
A man was taken to court for calling a Honourable Senator a Pig. He was a first offender and the judge was in a good mood and decided to show mercy. So he discharged him after warning him to desist from unguarded utterances in future.

The man removed his cap and thanked the benevolent judge profusely.

'Thank you, your lordship. Honestly sir, I didn't know it was wrong to call a Honourable Senator a pig. I won't do it again. I am sorry'.

'It's okay', said the judge, 'you may go'

'My lord, may I ask a question, sir?'

'Feel free' answered the judge.

'Now I know it's wrong to call a Honourable Senator a Pig. But is it also wrong to call a Pig Honourable Senator?'

Amused, the judge replied 'I don't know why you would want to address a pig as a senator. But I don't think the pig would mind. It's not unlawful, by the way'. Yes, you can call any pig Honourable Senator '

He smiled and nodded, then he turned to look pointedly at the Senator and said 'Goodbye, Honourable Senator'.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Kind Of Corruption Is This? This Country Is Finished! by Vision4God: 8:40pm On Aug 09, 2017
God makes a way where their seems to b no way. He works in ways we cannot c. What belongs to his children, no man can take away.

God help us all
Re: What Kind Of Corruption Is This? This Country Is Finished! by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 09, 2017
DrWise:
Dear Nairaland ,

Just few weeks DPR called for test and young Nigerians all over the country risked their lives to travel and write this test only for the House of Reps to do this.

How long shall we continue to sacrifice merit on the alter of nepotism and tribalism. More painful is the fact that my sister in law had to travel all the way to Port Harcourt to write this test and now a whooping 8 slots are to be given out to people who never bothered to write the test, How many slots would be left for other Nigerians?

Seun, lalasticlala

Hi,

I have a lot to say on this topic but I would just be brief. Firstly, this information has been wrongly interpreted. This is coming from someone that actually works in a managerial position in DPR. This letter is only a letter of recommendation, hence if for example; 200people are to be considered, they are to be among. I know for certain there are more than 100 positions for this year's recruitment. So please stop talking down your Country and Government, and pray to be among the chosen candidates.
Re: What Kind Of Corruption Is This? This Country Is Finished! by OAUTemitayo: 9:36pm On Aug 09, 2017
Pecks:

Hi,

I have a lot to say on this topic but I would just be brief. Firstly, this information has been wrongly interpreted. This is coming from someone that actually works in a managerial position in DPR. This letter is only a letter of recommendation, hence if for example; 200people are to be considered, they are to be among. I know for certain there are more than 100 positions for this year's recruitment. So please stop talking down your Country and Government, and pray to be among the chosen candidates.
Honestly speaking sir, something must be wrong with you.
Wherein​ the rules guiding the employment of new staff into DPR is it stated that House of Representative members should recommend people to the DPR?
What do you people even take us for in this country?
You even have the audacity to come to a public forum and defend this nonsense?
What rubbish.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Kind Of Corruption Is This? This Country Is Finished! by jamace(m): 9:56pm On Aug 09, 2017
So sad.

What development can Nigeria achieve with this dishonorable behaviour? angry
Re: What Kind Of Corruption Is This? This Country Is Finished! by OAUTemitayo: 10:07pm On Aug 09, 2017
jamace:
So sad.

What development can Nigeria achieve with this dishonorable behaviour? angry
None.
Absolutely none.
Re: What Kind Of Corruption Is This? This Country Is Finished! by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 09, 2017
Pecks:

Hi,

Did you really write this?

So, what happens to people without recommendation letters ?
I weep for the youth of this country!

6 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Corruption Is This? This Country Is Finished! by thesuave10(m): 10:57pm On Aug 09, 2017
There's nothing wrong with this recommendation. It's just a letter of recommendation that's all. No biggie I'm sure there are over a 100 other spots. By the way our youths would do far worse
Re: What Kind Of Corruption Is This? This Country Is Finished! by Ratello: 11:07pm On Aug 09, 2017
This is practically a zoological garden

3 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Corruption Is This? This Country Is Finished! by kolaaderin: 11:56pm On Aug 09, 2017
thesuave10:
There's nothing wrong with this recommendation. It's just a letter of recommendation that's all. No biggie I'm sure there are over a 100 other spots. By the way our youths would do far worse

Stop defending this madness, we all know the recommendation is an automatic employment even if they are not qualify enough for the post at the detriment of more competent candidate. This is the more reason we can't progress in this country, its just a terrible case to imagine 95% of the list were aboki.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Kind Of Corruption Is This? This Country Is Finished! by Cekpo34(m): 6:45am On Aug 10, 2017
It's saddening. Nepotism in the highest order..
Re: What Kind Of Corruption Is This? This Country Is Finished! by jjjjj2017: 7:42am On Aug 10, 2017
lol, that's why they want to die for one Nigeria grin grin grin
Mynd44 what do you have to say about this partiality?
Re: What Kind Of Corruption Is This? This Country Is Finished! by azpekuliar: 9:40am On Aug 20, 2017
OAUTemitayo:

Honestly speaking sir, something must be wrong with you.
Wherein​ the rules guiding the employment of new staff into DPR is it stated that House of Representative members should recommend people to the DPR?
What do you people even take us for in this country?
You even have the audacity to come to a public forum and defend this nonsense?
What rubbish.

I mean I felt like shooting him pointblank when I read his comment. The Singapore story can be summarized like this - they established a culture of MERITOCRACY!
Re: What Kind Of Corruption Is This? This Country Is Finished! by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 20, 2017
DrWise:
Dear Nairaland ,

Seun, lalasticlala

Good a.m bros. please I seriously need to talk to you. I promise to be civil with you. Please can I have your contact?Please just try and get back to me. Thanks
Re: What Kind Of Corruption Is This? This Country Is Finished! by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 20, 2017
CHINE55:
Good a.m bros. please I seriously need to talk to you. I promise to be civil with you. Please can I have your contact? Mine is 07067840869. Please just try and get back to me. Thanks

I don't do private chat.

Please say whstever you have to say here.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Corruption Is This? This Country Is Finished! by U1(m): 1:25pm On Sep 09, 2017
Just another confirmation that I wasn't overreacting by being pessimistic about these bunch of jokers some call leaders. Leaders my butt!

I can't remember ever believing anything promising can come from these politicians. If they do anything good, they do 20 wrong. A shame. Never the type to believe the beautiful ones are not yet born either. The evidence is even here!
Re: What Kind Of Corruption Is This? This Country Is Finished! by Adminisher: 1:31pm On Sep 09, 2017
Too much stupidity in Nigeria. You can sue in a class action suit if you pass interview and they pass you over. There is nothing in the constitution supporting this, not even federal character.
Re: What Kind Of Corruption Is This? This Country Is Finished! by McGg: 1:38pm On Sep 09, 2017
the only change we want now is separation from the nomads
Re: What Kind Of Corruption Is This? This Country Is Finished! by omowolewa: 1:41pm On Sep 09, 2017
Just one letter and you are this unsettled?

What if you see the one from the Senate President, Majority Leader, Minority Leader, Minister of Petroleum Resources, Emir of Zauzau, etc

Abegy, Nigeria is a great nation
Re: What Kind Of Corruption Is This? This Country Is Finished! by chinoxstock: 2:09pm On Sep 09, 2017
omowolewa:
Just one letter and you are this unsettled?

What if you see the one from the Senate President, Majority Leader, Minority Leader, Minister of Petroleum Resources, Emir of Zauzau, etc

Abegy, Nigeria is a great nation
angry
Re: What Kind Of Corruption Is This? This Country Is Finished! by vital: 2:27pm On Sep 09, 2017
Mumu dey worry you.this country is doomed for this Idiot to come and post this.u said 'stop talking down the country and government'which country are you talking about?you are really short changed

Hi,

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Corruption Is This? This Country Is Finished! by Maameer99: 3:50am On May 18, 2020
Dear Nairaland ,

Seun, lalasticlala

My brodaaaa...if to say your name was mentioned there you no go vex so take an easy okay wink
Re: What Kind Of Corruption Is This? This Country Is Finished! by Maameer99: 3:54am On May 18, 2020
kolaaderin:

Stop defending this madness, we all know the recommendation is an automatic employment even if they are not qualify enough for the post at the detriment of more competent candidate. This is the more reason we can't progress in this country, its just a terrible case to imagine 95% of the list were aboki.

You were making sense til the last sentence. What kind of tribalistic remark is that? So if all were not “ABOKI” that would satisfy you right??
It is indeed a terrible case, that you would have that kind of mindset...
Re: What Kind Of Corruption Is This? This Country Is Finished! by Lanretoye(m): 4:55am On May 18, 2020
Merit list,to state that no single Yoruba in the list considering the fact that the speaker is Yoruba.the north is now cancerous to this country.

(1) (Reply)

Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin / NJC To Investigate Corrupt Judges / Enugu Governor’s Wife’s Scholarship Beneficiaries Offer Thanksgiving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.