Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,263 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Why Are People Afraid Of Dying - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Are People Afraid Of Dying (663 Views)

Some Touching And Heartbreaking Stories Of Dying Wishes Coming True (Photos) / Is There Anyone Who Is Afraid To Sleep Alone? / Why Aren’t Babies Afraid Of Snakes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are People Afraid Of Dying by spartoo: 10:23pm On Aug 09, 2017
Since everybody is going to die eventually, why do people get emotional each time they think they are going to die.
I have watched people cry and beg on social media especially, each time they contract a terminal illness or disease and I wonder because if you do not die now you'll die later.

Re: Why Are People Afraid Of Dying by Mznaett: 11:04pm On Aug 09, 2017
Do you know how the other world looks like @op? undecided

Okay, let's assume you sat for an exam that you did/didn't prepare for... And in the course of writing it, the Invigilator collected your paper at the beginning, mid way or the end...

How would you feel?
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of Dying by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 09, 2017
Because our body is programmed to fight for survival. When you see a lion in front of you, your body both involuntary and voluntary will do what ever it can to survive. It's also the same like this when you see death at any point. But the magnitude of fear of death varies from person to person and from time to time. For example, I was very scared about dying and death in the past. But since I started to be sure that there is nothing after death and came close to death in a gruesome way, my fear to dying and death have diminished greatly.

So your question shouldn't qualitatively generalize on this feeling.
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of Dying by spartoo: 11:23pm On Aug 09, 2017
Mznaett:
Do you know how the other world looks like @op? undecided

no I don't. do you want to take me there?
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of Dying by spartoo: 11:26pm On Aug 09, 2017
Hati13:
Because our body is programmed to fight for survival. When you see a lion in front of you, your body both involuntary and voluntary will do what ever it can to survive. It's also the same like this when you see death at any point. But the magnitude of fear of death varies from person to person and from time to time. For example, I was very scared about dying and death in the past. But since I started to be sure that there is nothing after death and came close to death in a gruesome way, my fear to dying and death have diminished greatly.

So your question shouldn't qualitatively generalize on this feeling.

Pls what do you mean by 'there is nothing after death?' u don't believe in the afterlife?
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of Dying by Greatzeus(m): 11:32pm On Aug 09, 2017
Parents are afraid of dying because they want to live and take care of their children,many children's destiny have been destroyed because the father especially or mother to cater for them died. Many turn into house boys/girls,many turn into prostitutes,robbers etc.
Death destroys lot of things if it happens the wrong time,example:
Nysc member dying after all the stress and money invested, imagine the pain of the parents
A wife dying at child birth,imagine pain of the husband
A child dying as a result of sickness or so, imagine the pain of the parents
A sibling about to wed dying,etc such pain can be unbearable.
Many people try to be spiritual about it,like the person has gone to heaven,so the family shouldn't feel bad,but no matter what,some death are just so painful,you will ask God why.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Afraid Of Dying by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 09, 2017
spartoo:

Pls what do you mean by 'there is nothing after death?' u don't believe in the afterlife?
I mean THERE IS NOTHING AFTER DEATH! wink

I think most of us should be very happy by this, because our miserable life has a limit. grin
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of Dying by spartoo: 11:58pm On Aug 09, 2017
Hati13:

I mean THERE IS NOTHING AFTER DEATH! wink

I think most of us should be very happy by this, because our miserable life has a limit. grin

you mean your miserable life? wink
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of Dying by spartoo: 12:00am On Aug 10, 2017
Greatzeus:
Parents are afraid of dying because they want to live and take care of their children,many children's destiny have been destroyed because the father especially or mother to cater for them died. Many turn into house boys/girls,many turn into prostitutes,robbers etc.
Death destroys lot of things if it happens the wrong time,example:
Nysc member dying after all the stress and money invested, imagine the pain of the parents
A wife dying at child birth,imagine pain of the husband
A child dying as a result of sickness or so, imagine the pain of the parents
A sibling about to wed dying,etc such pain can be unbearable.
Many people try to be spiritual about it,like the person has gone to heaven,so the family shouldn't feel bad,but no matter what,some death are just so painful,you will ask God why.

you are pointed
Re: Why Are People Afraid Of Dying by Nobody: 12:05am On Aug 10, 2017
spartoo:

you mean your miserable life? wink
Ok let's say mine only wink

(1) (Reply)

God Save Me Through A Fatal Accident / Thousands Of Lucky Winners Emerge In The Glo Everyday Bonanza / My PC Is Not Showing My Folders In My Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.