Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Is Bail Really FREE??? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is Bail Really FREE??? (537 Views)

Is Bail Refundable After Being Discharged And Acquitted? / Is Bail Truly Free? / The Popular Sign Post In The Police Station 'is Bail Really Free' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Bail Really FREE??? by Globallords(m): 10:58pm On Aug 09, 2017
Hello, this is a subject i will like us to discuss.
In any (most) police station in Nigeria, it is so common to see the banner stating "Bail Is Free" is this 100percent truthful??

Feel free to drop your opinions
Re: Is Bail Really FREE??? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 11:06pm On Aug 09, 2017
wait till they arrest you. I saw the signboard at the police academy @ Ikeja. cheesy

I asked the police man with me in the car if bail is really free?

He said "wait till them arrest you first"

3 Likes

Re: Is Bail Really FREE??? by ReubenE(m): 12:03am On Aug 10, 2017
Yeah bail is entirely free but you have to wait for the Nigeria Police Force to authenticate this when they put you behind bars.
Re: Is Bail Really FREE??? by Globallords(m): 7:33pm On Aug 10, 2017
ReubenE:
Yeah bail is entirely free but you have to wait for the Nigeria Police Force to authenticate this when they put you behind bars.
You've once been put behind bars right? Abeg share your experience

1 Like

Re: Is Bail Really FREE??? by ReubenE(m): 10:42pm On Aug 10, 2017
Globallords:

You've once been put behind bars right? Abeg share your experience
Yeah, once for being in a playstation game shop some years ago.

Their normal raids when they are hungry in Lagos. It was a terrible experience. The stench from the surrounding and the policemen themselves was just sickening.

Got lucky, I was bailed later that night same day.
It was not free despite the sign post on the walls of the police station that indicates bail is free.

There are different set of rules for Nigeria Police, and believe me, they are the last creatures you would want to join issues with.....

They are our friends though grin
Re: Is Bail Really FREE??? by Globallords(m): 8:43pm On Aug 11, 2017
ReubenE:

Yeah, once for being in a playstation game shop some years ago.

Their normal raids when they are hungry in Lagos. It was a terrible experience. The stench from the surrounding and the policemen themselves was just sickening.

Got lucky, I was bailed later that night same day.
It was not free despite the sign post on the walls of the police station that indicates bail is free.

There are different set of rules for Nigeria Police, and believe me, they are the last creatures you would want to join issues with.....

They are our friends though grin
chai! I fear them like madt, dont pray to have any issue whtsoever with them

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Angry Mob Set On Fire A Young Boy Who Supposedly Stole N45k Phone / Police Paraded Ritual Killers Who Bought Human Skull, Eye, Teeth For N12,000 / Customs Intercept 27 Hilux Vans Worth N420 Million (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.