Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,643 members, 7,861,983 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 03:59 AM

Mum Of Triplets Kills One, Throws Another Into Lagoon And The Third Snatched - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mum Of Triplets Kills One, Throws Another Into Lagoon And The Third Snatched (825 Views)

Man's Phone Snatched Infront Of A Bank In Gbagada / My Pastor Asked Me To Lie That Armed Robbers Snatched My Boss’s Vehicle. / How I Mistakenly Snatched A Bag With Faeces & A Lady's Pant- Robbery Suspect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mum Of Triplets Kills One, Throws Another Into Lagoon And The Third Snatched by aloyemeka2: 6:39pm On Feb 13, 2010
Mum of triplets kills one, throws another into lagoon and the third snatched
•Now she wants surviving baby back
By Vera Wisdom-Bassey
Saturday, February 13, 2010

• Mary Omohame

Mary Omohame from Edo State is recovering from the nightmare of her life and indeed the worst that any parent could imagine.

The woman is recuperating in a rehabilitation home off Ago Palace Way Okota, Lagos. Sometime last year, she had triplets, but instead of nursing them as is expected of every normal mother or give them out for adoption, she turned her sword against her own.

Before people could realize what was happening, Mary had hacked one of the helpless little angels to death. It did not take long before another bizarre fate befell a second of the three, still from the hands of the multiple-birth mother.

That second disaster was chilling as Mary flung the little baby into a nearby lagoon in Apapa, Lagos, alive. Before she could visit the same fate of destruction on the third and last of the babies, the hands of an unknown passer-bye had stretched to ‘rescue’ this one from death. Yet, Mary would not account whether that one is alive or the one that snatched it who she could not recognize turned the baby into another use in yet another death.

That third baby billed to live is now somewhere the mother who desperately needs it does not know or cannot explain. The summation of her fate is that the three kids went off her hands - two to a known destination of death and the third to a place only in the threshold of guess and conjecture.
All these did not come from Mary because of sadism, callousness or for ritual, but because she was not in control of her elements. After that snatching of the third baby, Mary herself was a beneficiary of the rescue of loving hands. Those are the hands of Mrs. Gift Abudu, the operator of the destitute home in Okota.

Today, Mary is back to her senses, sound in health and is demanding to see her baby, the one that was snatched that she could not fathom its whereabouts. She is pleading with anybody who is in custody of her baby to please, allow her access to her to the child, so, she can give it the motherly love mental derangement had robbed her in the past with dire prices in two lost loving babies she wasted unknowingly.

At the rehab, Mary in tears narrated to Saturday Sun, how she got pregnant, the birth of her triplets and how she found herself where she is today.

Bizarre tale
“I was mentally unstable. I lived under the bridge close to Satellite Gate Apapa, where I had triplets. While there, a man I can’t remember now got me pregnant. The man frequented my spot there under the bridge to have affair with me. I guess he was okay and not in the same mental state as I. But he did not tell me much about himself. In the process of sleeping with me, he got me pregnant, and I had these children”.

Prior to these incidents, Mary had lived with her elder sister, Mrs. Patience Jimoh, at Oshodi, a mother of five who allegedly threw her out of her home two years earlier to fend for herself, because of hardship. She decided to take refuge under the bridge after a failed attempt to eke out a living as salesgirl for a car dealer at Tin-Can Island in Apapa. She later worked with one Sister Gloria before the real evil season set in.

“One day, after my roaming I visited my sister’s place, to be told once again with a finality that I was not wanted there any longer. She told me it was impossible for her to cater for her five children and myself. That was my last visit there and the last interaction we had.”
At the end of the day’s work Mary would be so financially distraught that she can’t pay her fare to any home or afford a meal.

“Because I had no alternative roof over my head after my sister threw me out, I resorted to sleeping under the bridge. Some women who sell goods around there were not comfortable with my presence and made sure I left there. When my employer heard of my housing problem, they terminated my job and things got worse and unbearable. Out of frustration, my behaviour turned abnormal. In fact, I started behaving funny. With time it degenerated to a point people around the bridge knew and addressed me as a madwoman. That was the genesis of my problem.

I was still living there when the owners of this home, So-Said, took me out of the place. And I later realized what happened to two of my three babies after their delivery from the story they told me.”
Asked if she could marry the man that got her pregnant, she replied: “No, he took advantage of me in my destitution under the bridge. He almost killed me a month before So-Said came for me”.
Mary can’t still remember her exact age, but only knows she was born in 1975 and from Edo State in Etsako Local Government Area. Her mother is late, but her father was still alive before the incident, but now, she does not know if he’s still alive or not.

Mary has two other siblings - Godstime and Johnbull and would like to re-unite with them.
“According to people around, because I was not in my right senses in the period I lived under the bridge, they said I had triplets. They also told me that I killed one, and threw another into the lagoon. But I remember someone one day snatched the last one off my hands.

Before So-Said came, one fateful day, while I was rocking the baby to sleep, a man who looked like the baby, came and snatched him and ran away. I guess he could be the father of the children. Crowds gathered there and watched us. But now I want the baby back so that I can take care of him properly”, she said.

But Mary who has now returned to her pretty looks after the care would not mind accepting the man who put her in family way under the bridge just to have her baby. The matron of the home, Mrs. Abudu, confirmed that Mary is now okay and back to her senses. “She is ripe for reconciliation, she could now also live as other normal people. If she could speak with you (Saturday Sun) unaided or beaten, she is okay and her reasoning ability is back.”

There are so many people like Mary in the home, even new inmates just plucked off from the hands of destitution and wrecked life. One of them is known as Madam Bank. One of the caregivers at the home stressed the needs of the home. They are making calls to the public to be kinder to other members of the society in distress and help take care of them or bring their predicament to the attention of care Homes like So-Said and others.

“We also need the support and assistance of Nigerians through donations to help us cater for these inmates because they are helpless and what we do is strictly on non-profit. We have a plot of land to develop into a better home for the inmates, but there is no money to handle that. The landlord of our present place threatens us with ejection. And if we wait till he does that there will be no place for the inmates who we are rehabilitating from hardship and homelessness to go.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/living/2010/feb/13/living-13-02-2010-001.htm
Re: Mum Of Triplets Kills One, Throws Another Into Lagoon And The Third Snatched by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 13, 2010
C R A Z Y doesnt discriminate, and i guess these people are everywhere around the world.
now that the society knows that she crazy, lock her up and throw away the key!
Re: Mum Of Triplets Kills One, Throws Another Into Lagoon And The Third Snatched by mamagee3(f): 6:48pm On Feb 13, 2010
God of the Southeast Geopolitical Zone, Come and help thee. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Mum Of Triplets Kills One, Throws Another Into Lagoon And The Third Snatched by oge4real(f): 12:07am On Feb 14, 2010
Read this today and kept wondering how a "madwoman" still remembers scenes from her madness. Is that really possible? undecided
And all these men that go sleeping with mad women, na wa o. shocked shocked
Re: Mum Of Triplets Kills One, Throws Another Into Lagoon And The Third Snatched by aloyemeka2: 2:30am On Feb 14, 2010
oge4real:

Read this today and kept wondering how a "madwoman" still remembers scenes from her madness. Is that really possible? undecided
And all these men that go sleeping with mad women, na wa o. shocked shocked

It's postpartum depression.
Re: Mum Of Triplets Kills One, Throws Another Into Lagoon And The Third Snatched by oge4real(f): 12:53pm On Feb 14, 2010
^^^
Thanks, but I think her story states that she was already mentally challenged antepartum.

(1) (Reply)

Randy Alfa Defiles 14 Years Old, Says I'm Nurturing Her For Marriage / Man Beheads 13-year-old Niece / Police Reckless Shooting - 2 Kids Of The Same Parent Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.