|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,187,629 members, 4,769,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 February 2019 at 08:00 PM
Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Awaken Your Creativity With Our Free Sewing Machine (1664 Views)
|Awaken Your Creativity With Our Free Sewing Machine by lucimac: 2:08pm On Aug 10, 2017|
Yes it’s true!
As part of our anniversary celebrations, we (Luci-mac) will be giving out brand new sewing machines to our esteemed fans.
All you need to do is to refer that special person who you think deserves this wonderful gift (multiple referrals is allowed).
Refer now: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScOFb-BtyukBoWFLzdioUDkzl02Enyp0toie_opKy_zVzU-7w/viewform
Our mission: To awaken your creativity by providing the right Fashion Tools/machines
|Re: Awaken Your Creativity With Our Free Sewing Machine by promong: 4:25pm On Aug 10, 2017|
I just entered for the giveaway via your facebook page : https://web.facebook.com/Sewing-Machine-880262642127048/
|Re: Awaken Your Creativity With Our Free Sewing Machine by lucimac: 10:40pm On Aug 10, 2017|
We will be giving free Tips/possible solutions how to best use your sewing machine.
CHOICE OF SEWING MACHINE FOR A BEGINNER
I have noticed over time when people want to buy a sewing machine this particular question always comes to mind “which sewing machine is the best to buy”.
Note: All sewing machines are equally built rugged as to serve its purpose. The most import thing to consider when buying a sewing machine is availability of its spares in the local market as well as aftersales support by experienced service Technicians. This consideration is important as breakdowns are inevitable.
|Re: Awaken Your Creativity With Our Free Sewing Machine by Argonn(m): 8:34am On Aug 11, 2017|
I tried to apply but it seems its not functional. Please is there any other way I can apply for the free sewing machine? I'm an amateur fashion designer but can't afford a sewing machine please any help will be much appreciated.
|Re: Awaken Your Creativity With Our Free Sewing Machine by lucimac: 2:18pm On Aug 11, 2017|
|Re: Awaken Your Creativity With Our Free Sewing Machine by lucimac: 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2017|
[b]COMMON SEWING MACHINE PROBLEMS[/b]
Issues faced while using a sewing machine can be quite frustrating and that is why we have picked out some common ones to discuss about:
a.Why is there Noise while working with my sewing machine?
b.Why is my sewing machine running slowly or on low speed?
c.Why does my sewing machine needle breaking, bend or get blunt while in use?
d.Why do I get the occasional skipped stitches?
e.Why is my thread bunching up?
f.Why are loops forming in between stitches?
g.What do I do to prevent frequent thread breaks ?
h.Why do I get non uniform or uneven stitches?
i.Why is my stitching wrinkled or fabric puckering?
j.Why can’t I thread my sewing machine?
k.Why does the needle un-thread when I start to sew?
Have you experienced any of these issues mentioned above?
Stay tuned as we discuss possible solutions..................
Your suggestions and contributions are also welcome.
|Re: Awaken Your Creativity With Our Free Sewing Machine by lucimac: 5:28pm On Aug 24, 2017|
Before we start discussion on common sewing machine issue and the solution. we will like show show you a typical sewing machine head, its parts and functions.
Parts of a Sewing Machine and functions
1. Spool pin: It is fitted on top of the arm to hold the reel.
2. Thread guide: It holds the thread in position from the spool to the needle.
3. Tension disc: The two concave discs put together with the convex sides facing each other the thread passes between the two. The
tension of the thread is adjusted by a spring and nut which increases or decreases pressure
4. Take up lever: It is a lever fitted to the body of the arm. It is used for up and down motion, feeds the thread to the needle and tightens the loop formed by the shuttle.
5. Needle bar: This is a steel rod to hold the needle at one end with the help of a clamp. Its main function is to give motion to the needle.
6. Bobbin case: This moves into position to catch the top thread and form the stitch as the needle is lowered into the bobbin chamber.
7. Presser foot: It is fixed to the presser bar to hold the cloth firmly in position when lowered.
8. Presser foot lifter: A lever attached to the presser bar for raising and lowering the presser foot.
9. Stitch regulator: [/b]This controls the length of the stitch.
10. [b]Bobbin winder: A simple mechanism used for winding thread on the bobbin.
11. Fly Wheel: When this is made to revolve, it works the mechanism of the motion.
12. Clutch or Thumb Screw: This is in the center of the fly wheel and it engages and disengages the stitching mechanism.
13. Slide Plate: [/b]A rectangular plate, which facilitates the removal of the bobbin case without lifting the machine.
14. [b]Needle Plate or Throat Plate: A semi-circular disc with a hole to allow the needle to pass through it.
15. Feed dog: This consists of a set of teeth fitted below the needle plate. It helps to move the cloth forward while sewing.
16. Face plate: A cover which on removal gives access to the oiling points on the needle bar, presser bar and take-up lever.
17. Spool pin for bobbin winding: Spool of thread is placed on this at the time of bobbin winding.
Still stay tuned......................................
|Re: Awaken Your Creativity With Our Free Sewing Machine by Deflorence(f): 9:54pm On Aug 24, 2017|
Thanks for the info so far. I learnt alot just now and i also applied for the giveaway. HOPE IT IS STILL ON?
|Re: Awaken Your Creativity With Our Free Sewing Machine by Deflorence(f): 9:55pm On Aug 24, 2017|
Thanks for the info so far. I learnt alot just now and i also applied for the giveaway. HOPE IT IS STILL ON?
|Re: Awaken Your Creativity With Our Free Sewing Machine by lucimac: 1:55pm On Aug 25, 2017|
@Deflorence Thanks for dropping by to read our post and your interest on the contest, Yes the giveaway is still on, draw winner will be contacted via email. Goodluck!
|Re: Awaken Your Creativity With Our Free Sewing Machine by Ekeseges(f): 2:45pm On Aug 25, 2017|
I really need this to start my fashion house
|Re: Awaken Your Creativity With Our Free Sewing Machine by Deflorence(f): 2:54pm On Aug 25, 2017|
I pray i win b'cos it will help me alot.
|Re: Awaken Your Creativity With Our Free Sewing Machine by lucimac: 11:36pm On Aug 27, 2017|
A. “Why is there Noise while working with my sewing machine?”
There are a number of factors responsible for a sewing machine noise during operation.
Noise usually indicate a mechanical challenge within the machine parts such as an improperly coupled, loosed part or presence of a foreign object inside the machine e.g a needle or loose screw within the machine.
Follow these steps below to troubleshoot and stop the noise before your machine gets DAMAGED
1. Stop the machine immediately and turn off the power into the machine.
2. Check if the machine is due for service.
3. Check the needle. Replace needle if necessary.
4. Check the lint in the needle plate or bobbin area and ensure no dirties in place.
5. Check the race-hook area with a pin tip or needle using brush. You can also blow it to remove any available dirt.
6. Ensure that no thread is wrapped up on the lever, no loose screw inside the machine and also no thread in the shuttle as this could cause noise too.
7. Finally lubricate your machine with sewing machine oil ( article on how to lubricate your sewing machine coming soon.......).
If all these maintenance tips provided fails, kindly call a qualified sewing machine technician
B. “Why is my sewing machine running slowly or on low speed?”
Poor cleaning and lubrication are the major reason why your sewing machine will run slowly or on low speed, also if your foot controller is becoming weak it tends to be free, you will only be exceptional if your machine has sintered bronze bearings which does not need regular oiling.
Follow these steps below to troubleshoot why machine is running slowly or on low speed.
1. Ensure that the machine is properly cleaned.
2. Oil your sewing machine regularly especially after use each day.
3. Check if bobbin winder is still engaged.
4. Check your foot controller and adjust speed.
|Re: Awaken Your Creativity With Our Free Sewing Machine by lucimac: 12:36pm On Sep 26, 2017|
Continuation of some sewing machine issues and there possible solution.
My dear fans we sincerely apologize for our inability to complete these tips as promised due to our busy schedule, but never mind as soon as we have time we will always post tips as promised. Thanks for your understanding.
C “Why does my sewing machine needle break, bend or get blunt while in use?”
The picture below shows a typical sewing machine needle front and side view.
Your sewing machine needle is the most used part, Sewing with a bent needle is extremely dangerous as the needle may break when using the machine. ***While using sewing machine needle ensure that flat side of the needle is placed on a flat surface, then check the distance between the needle to make sure that the flat surface are even.
(1) Flat side (2) Needle type marking
(3) Parallel space (4) Flat surface
- Incorrect needle
Do not use a bent needle.
(5) Flat surface
Follow these tips below to prevent your needle from getting bent
1. Do not pull the fabric off from the sewing machine to avoid the needle from bending/breaking.
2. Insert the sewing machine needle properly
3. Use the right needle size and type.
4. Avoid sewing close to a zipper.
D “Why do I get the occasional skipped stitches?”
A lot of factors can cause fabric to skip stiches while sewing.
1. Working with a thin or stretchy fabric.
2. Thread Tension not so tight.
3. Sewing machine needle is either bent or not properly fixed.
Ways to avoid these issues mentioned are as follows
1. Change the needle immediately with the right needle size and type suggested needles as follows violin needle DP*5 90/14,100/16 and 110/18 or HA *1 80/12, 90/14, 100/16 respectively
2. Use interlining, stiffener or tissue paper.
3. Change the thread tension
4. Apple pressure on the foot.
|Re: Awaken Your Creativity With Our Free Sewing Machine by SwTeee(f): 3:45am On Sep 27, 2017|
learnt alot here, stil founding it difficult to apply
|Re: Awaken Your Creativity With Our Free Sewing Machine by lucimac: 11:06pm On Sep 29, 2017|
@SWTeee Thanks for going through our post,stay tuned as more tips will come up soon
Here is the link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScOFb-BtyukBoWFLzdioUDkzl02Enyp0toie_opKy_zVzU-7w/viewform
|Re: Awaken Your Creativity With Our Free Sewing Machine by lucimac: 6:08pm On Feb 24, 2018|
Hot sales @ 20% off the previous price
Brand: Two lion sewing machine head.
Condition: Brand new and coupled
Old price @ 16000
Serious buyer contact me on 09099284402.
|Re: Awaken Your Creativity With Our Free Sewing Machine by Profkomolafe(m): 1:13pm On Feb 25, 2018|
Your thread is helpful.
|Re: Awaken Your Creativity With Our Free Sewing Machine by immaq8(f): 2:07am On Feb 12|
lucimac:Ma'm. pls which sewing machine is the best to buy that has its spare in the local market?
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140