Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,827 members, 7,862,726 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:31 AM

NCC Stops Glo's Free Data Day Promo - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Stops Glo's Free Data Day Promo (928 Views)

Share Your Glo Free Data Day Experience Screenshots (photos) / Glo Free Data Day Is On September 28th - How To Be Eligible / How Are You Preparing For The Glo Free Data Day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCC Stops Glo's Free Data Day Promo by psucc(m): 6:05pm On Aug 10, 2017
NCC stops Globacom’s Free Data Day Promo
By Ifreke Inyang on August 10, 2017
@dailypostngr

The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has stopped Globacom Nigeria’s plans to offer free data to all its subscribers on Friday, August 11, 2017.
This was contained in a letter signed by Sunday Dare, NCC Commissioner for Stakeholder Management, for Umar Danbatta, the Executive Vice Chairman, on Tuesday.

The commission explained that the promotion was not in line with what was approved by the regulator.
Glo had annouced that eligible subscribers, will enjoy as much as 200 megabytes of data for free, in what it called the “free data day”.

“Please refer to the commission’s letter dated 14th March, 2017 conveying approval for your Glo overload promotion. It has however come to our notice that Globacom Nigeria Ltd has been implementing the above regulatory approval in breach especially given your recent media campaign on the ‘Glo free data offer’, a clear departurre from terms and condition of the approval given for the Glo overload promotion

“Consequent upon the above, you are hereby directed to suspend implementation of the Glo overload promotion from your network with immediate effect,” the letter read.
NCC also summoned the chief executive officer (CEO) of Globacom Nigeria, Gladys Talabi, to a meeting at the commission’s headquarters in Abuja for August 17, 2017.
Re: NCC Stops Glo's Free Data Day Promo by Olibboy: 6:11pm On Aug 10, 2017
Free 99'
Re: NCC Stops Glo's Free Data Day Promo by vedd: 6:15pm On Aug 10, 2017
The only regulate against the things that benefit the poor masses.
You'll never see them take punitve actions to curb the exploitative acts of MTN.

1 Like

Re: NCC Stops Glo's Free Data Day Promo by wristbangle: 6:30pm On Aug 10, 2017
NCC is the reason why network providers are stingy or atimes provide poor network to subscribers
Re: NCC Stops Glo's Free Data Day Promo by phemolala07(m): 7:46pm On Aug 10, 2017
ordinary 200mb I weak mehn
Re: NCC Stops Glo's Free Data Day Promo by DannyJ19(m): 8:10pm On Aug 10, 2017
NCC why......so the Sim wea i register today just waste...thunder fall on Una.

1 Like

Re: NCC Stops Glo's Free Data Day Promo by Deelaw(m): 8:52pm On Aug 10, 2017
Currently, this seems to be the worst under-performing agency in the country which i cant wait to see it completely demolished. Never seen such a useless body as that.

I once reported a case to them that concerns sudden deductions on my fone by airtel in d midnite while i was asleep with proof, and all dey culd do is to keep giving me empty promises that dey are untop of d issue and dey will return back d money despite my calling dem about 5 good times.

I decided to do somtin more useful with my fone after the fruitless experience. Seems all they are interested in is to bring sadistic policies dat will spite d citizens against what is obtainable in other sane countries.
This organization is a complete waste of d country's resources.

1 Like

Re: NCC Stops Glo's Free Data Day Promo by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 10, 2017
Are you serious, this guys are chicken. Internet in this country supposed to be cheap but this people keep on leading us backwards. Even Abroad, internet services are mostly paid through tax and they don't feel it. My family relations over there really said were suffering over here.

(1) (Reply)

Leagoo KIICAA MIX Full Spec Review - New Update (all Screen) / The Best Phones For Gaming 2017- Our Top Picks / Dont Update Your Infinix Note 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.