Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,969 members, 7,821,393 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

NCC Stops Globacom’s Free Data Day Promo - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Stops Globacom’s Free Data Day Promo (1002 Views)

NCC Stops MTN From Acquiring Visafone / Glo Free Data Day Is On September 28th - How To Be Eligible / How Are You Preparing For The Glo Free Data Day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCC Stops Globacom’s Free Data Day Promo by olajay86(m): 6:30pm On Aug 10, 2017
http://www.titopeblog.com/2017/08/ncc-stops-globacoms-free-data-day-promo.html

The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has stopped Globacom Nigeria’s plans to offer free data to all its subscribers on Friday, August 11, 2017.

This was contained in a letter signed by Sunday Dare, NCC Commissioner for Stakeholder Management, for Umar Danbatta, the Executive Vice Chairman, on Tuesday.

The commission explained that the promotion was not in line with what was approved by the regulator.

Glo had annouced that eligible subscribers, will enjoy as much as 200 megabytes of data for free, in what it called the “free data day”.

“Please refer to the commission’s letter dated 14th March, 2017 conveying approval for your Glo overload promotion. It has however come to our notice that Globacom Nigeria Ltd has been implementing the above regulatory approval in breach especially given your recent media campaign on the ‘Glo free data offer’, a clear departurre from terms and condition of the approval given for the Glo overload promotion

“Consequent upon the above, you are hereby directed to suspend implementation of the Glo overload promotion from your network with immediate effect,” the letter read.

NCC also summoned the chief executive officer (CEO) of Globacom Nigeria, Gladys Talabi, to a meeting at the commission’s headquarters in Abuja for August 17, 2017.

cc:
Mynd44,

Re: NCC Stops Globacom’s Free Data Day Promo by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 10, 2017
i can see that ncc is an enemy of progress. Their plans must surely fail

1 Like

Re: NCC Stops Globacom’s Free Data Day Promo by smartty68(m): 6:36pm On Aug 10, 2017
NCC enemy of state. Mtchewww

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NCC Stops Globacom’s Free Data Day Promo by THUNDAR(m): 6:39pm On Aug 10, 2017
What were you expecting?

Deep down I know that it was either they were joking or they want to tease users

1 Like

Re: NCC Stops Globacom’s Free Data Day Promo by matrixme(m): 6:42pm On Aug 10, 2017
what's Glo data? Since the day I discovered MTN shared data, I broke free from internet slavery from Glo. Nonsense!!
Re: NCC Stops Globacom’s Free Data Day Promo by dustmalik: 7:28pm On Aug 10, 2017
matrixme:
what's Glo data? Since the day I discovered MTN shared data, I broke free from internet slavery from Glo. Nonsense!!
What's MTN shared data?
Re: NCC Stops Globacom’s Free Data Day Promo by Techpaded(f): 7:33pm On Aug 10, 2017
This is kind of a sad news to all subscribers who has prepared for the D-day, 11th of August, to enjoy Glo free data day. It is disheartening to announce that the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has stopped the grand masters of data from proceeding with the offer. ��

source: Techpaded Blog
Re: NCC Stops Globacom’s Free Data Day Promo by Techpaded(f): 7:35pm On Aug 10, 2017
dustmalik:
What's MTN shared data?
I guess something like this

2 Shares

Re: NCC Stops Globacom’s Free Data Day Promo by Amgreat70(m): 8:18pm On Aug 10, 2017
Ncc need to have a rethink
Re: NCC Stops Globacom’s Free Data Day Promo by matrixme(m): 8:20pm On Aug 10, 2017
dustmalik:

What's MTN shared data?
I mean data resell. I buy from a reliable junior colleague and it lasts 3 months and affordable
Re: NCC Stops Globacom’s Free Data Day Promo by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 10, 2017
NCC enemies of progress right from time, but anyway its nothing.. Cos I know that day people will be seeing Edge network on their phone
Re: NCC Stops Globacom’s Free Data Day Promo by Jerryojozy(m): 10:42pm On Aug 10, 2017
NCC is against the masses. That damn thing should be scrapped.

Genius J
Re: NCC Stops Globacom’s Free Data Day Promo by wristbangle: 11:19pm On Aug 10, 2017
The rule of NCC is to regulate the telecom market, so I wonder why they are frustrating the effort of a telecom coy that wants to put smile on people's face
Re: NCC Stops Globacom’s Free Data Day Promo by dustmalik: 11:24pm On Aug 10, 2017
Techpaded:

I guess something like this
Alright.
Re: NCC Stops Globacom’s Free Data Day Promo by dustmalik: 11:25pm On Aug 10, 2017
matrixme:
I mean data resell. I buy from a reliable junior colleague and it lasts 3 months and affordable
Oh, I see

(1) (Reply)

Lady With 300+ Followers Wins Tecno Twitter Challenge Of 1k Retweet In 1 Hour / Airtel Smartrecharge - N200 Recharge Gives N1000 For Calls & N1000 For Data / Kimfly M4 Frp Unlock In Seconds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.