Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,197 members, 7,829,287 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Nigerian-bahrain Youngster Salwa Eid Naser Ebelechukwu Wins 400m For Bahrain - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian-bahrain Youngster Salwa Eid Naser Ebelechukwu Wins 400m For Bahrain (1116 Views)

Manchester United Suffer Financial Blow As Chevrolet Swerve £400m Shirt Deal / Salwa Eid Naser Runs Third Fastest Time In History To Win 400m / "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian-bahrain Youngster Salwa Eid Naser Ebelechukwu Wins 400m For Bahrain by toniaprince: 7:39pm On Aug 10, 2017
Nigerian-Bahrain born youngster 19 year Salwa Eid Naser Ebelechukwu Agbapuonwu wins silver for Bahrain in the ongoing IAAF World Championship in London beating Olympic and world champion Alyson Felix to third position. becoming the youngest medalist in the women’s 400m in World Championships history at 19 years, 2 months and 17 days! while Phyllis Francis of USA wins gold.

While speaking afterwards Salwa Eid Naser Ebelechukwu Agbapuonwu originally from Anambra State said: “I think I surprised my opponents and I even surprised myself. Coming to these championships, I really did not think about a medal.

“After all the hard training I have been through, I just hoped to do something big. I was not really nervous before the race, just the same anybody is before the start.”

When asked about how she felt beating Felix who is America’s most decorated female athlete in Track and Field at the Olympics, Eid Naser said:

“I was not chasing Felix, I was pushing myself till the very end and I did not even see what was going on in the last metres. Felix is my role model, I am following her on Instagram.

“I just want to thank my team and my family: ‘I love you mama, I did it for you.’ In the future I will also focus on the 200m, but it’s 400m for now.”

http://wendyprinceblog.com/2017/08/10/nigerian-bahrain…-bahrain-in-400m

1 Like

Re: Nigerian-bahrain Youngster Salwa Eid Naser Ebelechukwu Wins 400m For Bahrain by bencarson007(m): 7:48pm On Aug 10, 2017
Good one
Even small Bahrain just did one over us.
Chai
This is just an average athlete with small motivation from the country's athletics body (Bahrain)...
Not like the ones that the Nigerian athletics body won't train and still expect miracles...

Nice one girl!
Nice one Bahrain.

(1) (Reply)

All The Teams That Have So Far Qualified For 2018 World Cup In Russia / Why Brazil Should Stay Strong For Qualifiers / Aeroberry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.