Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,175 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Nigerian Writers' Website/blog - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nigerian Writers' Website/blog (699 Views)

CcHub Media Fellowship For Nigerian Writers / Nigerian Writers Awards 2018: Nominations Now Open / National Dead Writers' Week - Society Of Young Nigerian Writers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Writers' Website/blog by jemmabond(f): 11:20am On Aug 11, 2017
Is anyone here aware of any blogs/websites for Nigerian writers where they can post there stories? I joined N-A-K-E-D Convos, and my work was published three times, but for some reason they ignored the fourth one which I believe is my best one yet (I had submitted an article after that which was published, but the story before it was not).On enquiry I was informed it was still under review, which was absolute rubbish. Their waiting period is three weeks, yet it's taken this one nearly two months. They even implied the readability of this story, as well as the first one which was accepted, was bad. Why publish them if that is the case? I have since deleted it - if they don't want it, they should stop wasting my time - and I have since copyrighted it, so if they steal my idea, I'll sue their arse. The other alternative is Naija Stories which I unsuccessfully tried to join due to technical glitches, and when I submitted my login details as suggested they failed to reply.

Anyone who writes will agree that their work should never go to waste, and I feel people should read it because I poured my heart and soul into it. Is there any other website anyone can suggest? As I live in London, I am hardly abreast with the literature industry back home.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Writers' Website/blog by yhungbrowhne(m): 1:11pm On Aug 11, 2017
Penpee.com and okadabook.com

will b helpful

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Writers' Website/blog by jemmabond(f): 12:24pm On Aug 12, 2017
yhungbrowhne:
Penpee.com
and okadabook.com

will b helpful

Thanks a million.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Writers' Website/blog by jemmabond(f): 10:19am On Aug 17, 2017
yhungbrowhne:
Penpee.com
and okadabook.com

will b helpful

Thanks for your suggestion. I have since submitted my work to Okada Books with the title The Other Woman's Wedding, and my pen name is Tami Okoro Dedeh. If you have an account with Okada, please have a glance, at least - it's only a short story, and it's free. If possible, speak the word! Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Writers' Website/blog by yhungbrowhne(m): 6:40am On Aug 18, 2017
jemmabond:

Thanks for your suggestion. I have since submitted my work to Okada Books with the title The Other Woman's Wedding, and my pen name is Tami Okoro Dedeh. If you have an account with Okada, please have a glance, at least - it's only a short story, and it's free. If possible, speak the word! Thanks.

thanks mam I will take a look at it if I get my system

u can try the penpee.com also they pay you per article

you can use create space.com
kdp.amazon.com

for your book also it will be great am going to post mine if I get a system

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

The Devil In Him (A Story On Domestic Violence) - AKINWALE AKINYOADE / Bbc 2018 International Playwriting Competition / 3 Reasons Why Girls Keep Friendzoning You [short Story Added] – Number 3 Will Sh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.