Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,700 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Trump: U.S. Military ‘locked And Loaded’ For North Korea BBC - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump: U.S. Military ‘locked And Loaded’ For North Korea BBC (1678 Views)

ISIS Sends Message To Trump, U.S. After Al-baghdadi's Death / U.S. Military Helicopter Crashes In Iraq On Thursday,  Killing 7 People On Board / Protest In Newyork, Washington As Trump Bans Transgender In U.S.Military(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump: U.S. Military ‘locked And Loaded’ For North Korea BBC by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 11, 2017
angry Promises fire, fury as the world has never seen before!

President Donald Trump says the US military is "locked and loaded" to deal with North Korea, ramping up the rhetorical brinkmanship.
"Military solutions are now fully in place, locked and loaded, should North Korea act unwisely. Hopefully Kim Jong-un will find another path!" he tweeted.
He spoke as Pyongyang accused him of "driving" the Korean peninsula to the "brink of a nuclear war".
North Korea has announced plans to fire missiles near the US territory of Guam.
The Pacific island's homeland security agency issued a fact sheet on Friday with tips for residents to prepare for any missile threat.
Trump's long nuclear obsession
North Korea's neighbours consider risk of war
The sheet states: "Do not look at the flash or fireball - it can blind you."

"Lie flat on the ground and cover your head. If the explosion is some distance away, it could take 30 seconds or more for the blast wave to hit."
Moscow said the exchange of threats between Washington and Pyongyang "worry us very much".
Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov rated the risk of military conflict as "very high" as he put forward a joint Russian-Chinese plan to defuse the crisis.
Mr Trump's tweet follows his threat earlier this week to rain "fire and fury" on Pyongyang.
Who said it: Trump or Kim?
The K-pop concert seeking to broker peace
His latest post came hours after his Defence Secretary Jim Mattis attempted to cool tensions by emphasising a peaceful resolution to the crisis.
Speaking in California late on Thursday, the Pentagon chief said it was his job to be ready for conflict.
But he said the effort by Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and UN Ambassador Nikki Haley "has diplomatic traction, it is gaining diplomatic results".
Mr Mattis added: "The tragedy of war is well enough known. It doesn't need another characterisation beyond the fact that it would be catastrophic."

Media captionMattis: "The tragedy of war is known... it would be catastrophic"
When asked about US military plans for a potential conflict, he said the country was ready, but he would not "tell the enemy in advance what I'm going to do".
Also on Friday, North Korea's official KCNA news agency accused Washington of a "criminal attempt to impose nuclear disaster upon the Korean nation".
Pyongyang's media outlet said America was making "desperate efforts" to test weapons in the Korean peninsula.
The US is "the mastermind of nuclear threat, the heinous nuclear war fanatic", the report said.
N Korea: The possible solutions
Australia 'would aid' US over N Korea
Tensions have escalated since North Korea tested two intercontinental ballistic missiles in July.
The regime was further angered by last week's UN decision to increase economic sanctions against it.
North Korea has said it will within days finalise a plan to fire medium-to-long-range rockets towards Guam, where US strategic bombers are based, along with more than 160,000 US citizens.
There has been no indication that any actual attack on the Pacific island is imminent.

Media captionWho's in Trump's good and bad books?
On Thursday Mr Trump suggested that his own statements on North Korea had not been tough enough, warning the regime to be "very, very nervous".
However, he added that the US would always consider negotiations.
He also chided the North's closest ally, China, saying it could do "a lot more".
China's state-run Global Times newspaper wrote that Beijing should stay neutral if North Korea launches an attack that threatens the US.
The North Korea crisis in 300 words
Can the US defend itself?
But it also said that if the US and South Korea attacked North Korea to force regime change, then China must intervene to prevent it.
Meanwhile, Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull said his nation would be prepared to join a conflict against North Korea if the US came under attack.
Australia would honour its commitment under a 1951 treaty, he said, "as America would come to our aid if we were attacked".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40901746
Re: Trump: U.S. Military ‘locked And Loaded’ For North Korea BBC by immortalcrown(m): 3:23pm On Aug 11, 2017
Is this the purpose of man on earth?
Re: Trump: U.S. Military ‘locked And Loaded’ For North Korea BBC by GMBuhari: 3:28pm On Aug 11, 2017
This one go red
Re: Trump: U.S. Military ‘locked And Loaded’ For North Korea BBC by pyyxxaro: 3:32pm On Aug 11, 2017
K
Re: Trump: U.S. Military ‘locked And Loaded’ For North Korea BBC by analyst10: 3:38pm On Aug 11, 2017
ok
Re: Trump: U.S. Military ‘locked And Loaded’ For North Korea BBC by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 11, 2017
GMBuhari:
This one go red
Pure red. That's probably why egunmogaji is relocating to mother Africa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump: U.S. Military ‘locked And Loaded’ For North Korea BBC by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 11, 2017
NgcoboP:

Pure red. That's probably why egunmogaji is relocating to mother Africa

EgunMogaji is wrapping up and coming back home because it's time to hang up my cowboy hat grin

When two Elephants fight, it's the grass that suffers. The rest of the world will feel the destruction of a nuclear war, in time.

Personally, here is my opinion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTcBgs2huRo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump: U.S. Military ‘locked And Loaded’ For North Korea BBC by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 11, 2017
EgunMogaji:

EgunMogaji is wrapping up and coming back home because it's time to hang up my cowboy hat grin

When two Elephants fight, it's the grass that suffers. The rest of the world will feel the destruction of a nuclear war, in time.
At least it will be interesting to watch N. Korea go up in nuke flames
Re: Trump: U.S. Military ‘locked And Loaded’ For North Korea BBC by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 11, 2017
NgcoboP:

At least it will be interesting to watch N. Korea go up in nuke flames

Or rather the whole of the Korean peninsula. I believe that DPRK will also target SK, of course, and Japan.

The US hasn't test fired an ICBM in decades (I think) and who knows if they will just fall short and explode over innocent countries. And, of course, they have to retaliate.
Re: Trump: U.S. Military ‘locked And Loaded’ For North Korea BBC by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 11, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Or rather the whole of the Korean peninsula. I believe that DPRK will also target SK, of course, and Japan.

The US hasn't test fired an ICBM in decades (I think) and who knows if they will just fall short and explode over innocent countries. And, of course, they have to retaliate.
One was fired about two weeks ago
Re: Trump: U.S. Military ‘locked And Loaded’ For North Korea BBC by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 11, 2017
NgcoboP:

One was fired about two weeks ago

I stand corrected.

It was fired from near me too cheesy
Re: Trump: U.S. Military ‘locked And Loaded’ For North Korea BBC by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 11, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I stand corrected.

It was fired from near me too cheesy
Time to take North Korea apart
Re: Trump: U.S. Military ‘locked And Loaded’ For North Korea BBC by nurey(m): 10:05pm On Aug 11, 2017
NgcoboP:

Time to take North Korea apart

Stop been childish, a nuclear war would affect the whole world from fall out, to radiation poisoning, extreme climate change, food shortage, wide spread crop failure to famine.

It could be another apocalypse the beginning of the end

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump: U.S. Military ‘locked And Loaded’ For North Korea BBC by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
nurey:

Stop been childish, a nuclear war would affect the whole world from fall out, to radiation poisoning, extreme climate change, food shortage, wide spread crop failure to famine.

It could be another apocalypse the beginning of the end
Young man learn to pass. Comments and express your views without putting others down. And if you have a complex find the source and deal with it. Let this be the last time you will try this nonsense when you are inspired to strike my mentions.
Re: Trump: U.S. Military ‘locked And Loaded’ For North Korea BBC by nurey(m): 11:30pm On Aug 11, 2017
NgcoboP:

Young man learn to pass. Comments and express your views without putting others down. And if you have a complex find the source and deal with it. Let this be the last time you will try this nonsense when you are inspired to strike my mentions.

I believe you have a loose nut upstairs, just come closer, a bit closer, just a bit further... Don't be alarmed I ain't going to strike you, I just want to bolt your brain back with my torque wrench.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump: U.S. Military ‘locked And Loaded’ For North Korea BBC by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 12, 2017
nurey:

I believe you have a loose nut upstairs, just come closer, a bit closer, just a bit further... Don't be alarmed I ain't going to strike you, I just want to bolt your brain back with my torque wrench.
MTN mast fall on you there. You are extremely uncultured.
Re: Trump: U.S. Military ‘locked And Loaded’ For North Korea BBC by nurey(m): 9:13am On Aug 12, 2017
NgcoboP:
MTN mast fall on you there. You are extremely uncultured.
In France where I am, we don't have mast.
Re: Trump: U.S. Military ‘locked And Loaded’ For North Korea BBC by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 12, 2017
nurey:

In France where I am, we don't have mast.
Taa na Afghanistan you dey Kandahar specifically

(1) (Reply)

Foolish SA Parliament Committee: Attacks On Foreigners Not Xenophobia / Blacks South Africa Had Destroy South Africa - Zulu King / Terror In Sweden: Truck Crashes Into Shoppers, 5 Dead, Dozens Injured(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.